DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2022 PLAYOFFS

RIPPA

7 minutes ago, Contentious C said:

Ugh. San Diego is the only one left who hasn't won a WS before; guess I'm pulling for them. Ugh.

The fear of another World Series annihilation is my only trepidation on what is an all gravy post season appearance/  

Kinda wild that either Harper or Machado, after 10 years of being stars, is on the doorstep of the World Series and it's the more low-key League Championship Series and it's almost being treated like a disappointment because there's no Braves or Dodgers. (I didn't forget about Machado on the Dodgers in 2018 so maybe the storyline is a little too complex as a result).

For all the criticism over MLB marketing stars, one of the two people who has been marketed for years is about to play in the World Series. I mean, if Mike Trout ever got on a team that wasn't a disaster, his first deep postseason run would seem like sort of a big deal.

(knock on wood in regards to health, obviously)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Raziel said:

If NY holds on and Hicks is done put Pereza on the ALCS roster.

Hicks is officially done for the season as an MRI revealed that he will be out 6 weeks

37 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

Bryce Harper's oppo home run had a slightly lower hit expectancy than the two oppo HRs in NY (Stanton was .820 xBA on a 379ft HR, Judge was .560 on a 394ft HR, and Harper was .220 xBA and 368ft)

Schwarber's HR had an xBA of 50,000. It was hit 488 feet.

Between San Diego and Philadelphia ... I honestly don't care who wins. It's just nice to have someone other than the Braves or Dodgers in the LCS. If I had to pick one, then San Diego just because they haven't been to the World Series in what ... over 20 years? 

I'm pulling for Houston in the AL, mainly because they're not the Yankees and they're managed by Dusty Baker. Ideally, Houston to win the whole thing so Dusty can finally say that he won a World Series as a manager.

I've been a Phillies fan since before I can remember. There's pictures of me as a toddler in Phillies gear. So of course I'm pulling for them. But god damn, I've fallen in love with the Padres fans and this team. Watching them thump LA in front of that rabid crowd totally grabbed me. Shit, they came back from commercial and Fire On The Mountain was playing and Bill Walton was in the crowd. ?

I hate rooting for the Yankees - and I wasn't really - but I am happy to see them eliminate Cleveland.  I know it didn't bug Gerritt Cole but that whole "rock the baby" thing bugged me.  Dude, you were losing when you did it.  And you lost the game on top of it.  But, hey, at least you didn't lose a win-or-go-home game by not using your best pitcher.  Oh wait...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tabe said:

I hate rooting for the Yankees - and I wasn't really - but I am happy to see them eliminate Cleveland.  I know it didn't bug Gerritt Cole but that whole "rock the baby" thing bugged me.  Dude, you were losing when you did it.  And you lost the game on top of it.  But, hey, at least you didn't lose a win-or-go-home game by not using your best pitcher.  Oh wait...

I’m still mad about that!

• Like 1

if you're not a Padres or Phillies fanatic, the only thing you can really complain about with this game is the timeslot because this might be one of the better playoff games for the postseason so far.

if the Angels can use the Rally Monkey for 20 years, the Padres are probably gonna get their mileage out of the LSD Goose.