DVDVR Message Board

DYNAMITE!- 10/5/2022!

DEAN

Dueling Fargo struts!

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bl918ftwt0av41vk80x

I agree with Regal's take on MJF, as well. Though, I guess he's

Spoiler

Better than Yuta

Two handshake angles in a row? What is this? Ring of Honor? Oh. Right.

Darby almost died only twice. So I guess Lethal reigned him in some.

Testosterone on a pole match was sufficiently BMMSM for me, while also showcasing big dude agility. Very fun match. Cage and Wardlow match up well. The crowd added a lot to their match.

War Joe vs Gates of Agony should be a blast! FTR vs GoA should be a blast! FTR & War Joe vs The Embassies should be a blast. I'm just happy to get Toa Liona on TV!

Good Lord Hayter is over with the crowd! Love to see that. She's earned every bit of it. I was also delighted to see Willow getting the pin.

National Scissoring Day was a fun segment that somehow didn't overstay its welcome.

Halfway through Roosh vs Hanger, I was thinking "This is a great main event..." then I remembered we still had Bryan & Garcia vs Jericho & Sammy to come. It's almost literally too much great wrestling. Literally more than usual! Hell of a birthday present for me! I turn 57 tomorrow. Having my first party, yakitori with some of my gaijin friends and a few students, tonight after work. This was a hell of a way to start the day! Impossible to pick a MOTN! A veritable birthday cornucopia!

Plus a hot Rampage and Battle of the Belts still to come!

Edited by Gordlow
Autocorrect won't accept "Toa Liona" and would prefer Tia Lions for some reason
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

I'm hoping this is planting the seeds for Yuta to turn on Moxley and cost him the title/align with MJF rather than Yuta turning on Danielson and joining the JAS.

Makes more sense - the history with MJF, the significance of the turn in costing him the title, the evolution of the Moxley matches and whether he can finally beat Moxley. 

• Like 3

I do not enjoy Britt Baker in-ring, but I will watch and definitely enjoy Saraya vs Britt Baker at Full Gear if that's what they're going for. It sure seems that way after tonight. And we probably end up with Hayter vs Storm for the title, too. Or maybe just a tag team match, but either way. Oh boy, if it's a tag team match, they better make sure Hayter doesn't mix it up with Saraya. Her neck will turn to dust.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

I love that arena in DC. Really cool intimate feel.

I know it can't be that kind of crowd and building every week, but so strongly emphasizing it was the third year anniversary of the first DC Dynamitre really made tonight's building feel... the size it was. 

• Like 4

Really fun show!

Am I the only one that gets super shocked when Rush does a clean pin? Lol

Darby/Lethal was dope.

MFJ/Wheeler was very good...but I see alot better matches between them in the future.

The Cage/Wardlow hoss off had some mind blowing spots. Not the prototypical big man match, but hella cool.

LOVE the reactions Hayter is getting!

I'm a little sad that I'm probably not going to get a Hangman or Mox match in Toronto on either show next week...but I'm expecting them to have a killer match in 13 days.

• Like 5

That is one hell of a way to deflate an audience. It's baffling. I don't know what is going through Tony's mind. Probably drugs. 

Anyway, the women's match was awesome (though it deserves to be 2/3 falls) and Wardlow vs. Cage was surprisingly the match of the night. Big time crowd pleaser. Rush/Hangman did not have the proper intensity at all, but it had a good finish. First two matches were sleepers and extremely solid. 

Tony (Schiavone) using the "IT'S STING" voice when he said "NATIONAL SCISSORING DAY" early on was hilarious. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Tony (Schiavone) using the "IT'S STING" voice when he said "NATIONAL SCISSORING DAY" early on was hilarious. 

Taz saying "You know Ton, I've experienced a lot of great scissoring days over the years but this one is shaping up to be the best one yet" got me

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

Hey!  I'm giving myself 27 minutes of lead time, as I imaqine that will get me through to the end.  Let's see, won't you?  Thank you.  It's MJF!  Word has it that MJF will try to get Yuta to the next plateau with this match, but still go over.  We'll see if MJF has the CHOPS~! to pull it off.  Yuta is OVER in DC! MJF is going full Ric Flair which is smart because Wheeler Yuta is the new Ricky Steamboat.  I guess MJF is now considered an unbeatable wrestler, having beaten CM Punk and everyone were totally distracted to the point of forgetting him putting Wardlow over.  Yuta is more at the Jay Youngblood level of Fiery Babyface, which was why Youngblood and Steamboat were such a great tagteam.  MJF Making with the Dangerous Backbreaker Powerbomb is really fin.  Oh man, they are going for Malenko/Guerrero!  AWESOME!  Yeah,  MJF is making Yuta a MUCH BIGGER STAR with this match. That was fucking GREAT.  Postmatch, MJF is TORN!  Sammy Guevara is such a fucking HEAT MACHINE.  So awesome.  Jay Lethat is SOOO getting help from Satnam and Sanjay.  Man, tonight is Ode To Workrate.  Darby Allin does a weird thing with his leg since he may not be able to kill himself any other way tonight.  I love that both Lethal and Allin are channeling Zack Sabre Jr.  What a great night of wrestling so far.  Jay Lethal is going full Ric Flair, working the knee to set up Ric Flair's finisher.  (Which he didn't really finish too many matches with,  if I remember a thousand matches between Norfolk and Richmond in the late 70s and 80s.)  Avalanche Dragon Screw into a Figure Four!  A non-Flair Flourish before the Flair Flourish.  Code Red by Allin!  and Allin notices that he can now kill himself!  Satnam and Sonjay distract Lethal!  Allin and Lethal go Malenko/Guerrero and ALLIN WINS WITHOUT ONCE TRYING TO KILL HIMSELF!  That was great.  Prince Nana is a WELCOMED addition to the AEW/ROH roster.  Hey!  It's Brian Cage!  Hopefully, we get a real match out of Wardlow.  Whoa!  Cage is wider than Wardlow!  WARDLOW HITS A RANA!  CAGE HITS A RANA!  This is FUN!  While we are ENRAPTURED in picture in picture, Wardlow becomes our Babyface In Peril.  We can assume that the crowd gets behind Wardlow's STRUGGLE to escape the 80's power offense of Brian Cage.  WARDLOW DOES A REY FENIX CHANNELING KOMANDER SOMERSAULT THING OFF THE TOPROPE!  This match is fucking GREAT.  Wardlow is making Cage look like a million bucks.  Wardlow is also making Wardlow look like a million bucks. That was fucking great.  POSTMATCH IS FUCKING AWESOME! GATES OF AGONY vs FTR!  Brain Cage vs Samoa Joe!  ROH RULES.  Deeb is over.  Jamie Hayter is OVER.  Penelope Ford has the best Handspring Elbow in the BIZ.  Toni Storm is so fucking AWESOME.  WRECKED EM!  I love how the HEAT gets all strange when Deeb is in the ring and I can't imagine how weird it will get when Hayter gets into the ring.  The only ACTUAL heel in this match is Penelope Ford.  I love how they are bringing back spots from all the singles matches these six have had.  Meanwhile, Toni Storm makes the hot tag to Willow Nightingale!  Willow beats the crud out of Hayter!  Willow is the superstar of this match!  WILLOW HITS THE DOCTOR BOMB AND GETS THE PIN!  That was the starmaking match for Willow Nightingale.  She IS signed, right?  Postmatch is FUCKING AWESOME!  What a great night of wrestling so far.  Y'all know what scissoring is, right?   I mean I'm all for it.  AWESOME!  It's SWERVE STRICKLAND!  Shane is a HEAT MACHINE!  Awesome!  Fucking RUSH!  It's Hangman Adam Page!  This match has ONE MILLION chops.  It's Wahoo McDaniels versus a much angrier Wahoo McDaniels.  NICE Death Valley Driver by Hangman.  RUSH WITH THE MARTINET!  FOR TWO?  Well, we aren't in Mexico City.  BUCKSHOT LARIAT BY HANGMAN!  Huh!  Willow vs Jade Cargill.  That'll be good.  FUEGO DEL SOL!  Man, I'm going to be late with this.  I should have started at 8.  I thought I would fast forward through the Acclaimed stuff but it was too fun.  Christian is a HEAT MACHINE!  Okay, now it's time for Daniel Garcia to either join Blackpool Combat Club OR turn on Brian Danielson and strengthen the Jericho Appreciation Society.  Sammy is SO fucking great.  SUWA DROPKICK BY DRAGON!  SPANISH FLY by SAMMY!  Garcia with a Sharpshooter!  Sammy makes the save!  This match is fucking great.  SAMMY GOES OVER!  SAMMY GOES OVER!  SAMMY GOES OVER!  AEW RULES THE FUCKING WORLD!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

This show was PPV-level quality bell-to-bell for me. 

Love the handshakes. TK’s the first promoter in wrestling history whose roster is more civil to each other in kayfabe than reality.

A nation was almost healed, Swerve.

Willow’s optimism unnerving Jade was so good.

Cage and Wardlow ruled. They looked like that thing in arcade fighting games where a character can fight themself in an alternative costume. 

I liked just about everything, but Darby Allin and Jay Lethal was something else. They went WoS in the beginning and I didn’t see that coming, and then that leg work was ultra nasty. 

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, GuerrillaMonsoon said:

I'm hoping this is planting the seeds for Yuta to turn on Moxley and cost him the title/align with MJF rather than Yuta turning on Danielson and joining the JAS.

Makes more sense - the history with MJF, the significance of the turn in costing him the title, the evolution of the Moxley matches and whether he can finally beat Moxley. 

I could see a scenario where BCC breaks up with Mox/Yuta on one side, Danielson/Garcia on the other, perhaps Claudio joins Danielson/Garcia so Eddie joins Mox/Yuta because he hates all of Danielson's BCC and likes Mox?

• Like 4

Thought it was a hell of a show tonight. 

Main event had weird energy in that Garcia didn't turn and the crowd clearly had access to their phones re: hating on Sammy even more than usual but it was a fun enough match. They might be overestimating the appeal of Danielson vs Jericho...if you count tonight's tag they'll be having their fourth match since All Out next week. 

I take it Rush was cool with losing clean so long as he got to dominate offense the whole match. Confrontation at the end ruled. I'm not a big Hangman fan but he really needs to look strong after his wonky trajectory since losing the belt. Kind of wish they were saving him and Moxley for a ppv. 

Hayter love was tremendous but I was even more heartened by the deafening DEEB chants. Willow getting the win was good too. Battle of the Belts should...maybe be the title change? It would feel like an anticlimactic end to Cargill's reign but with Statlander out there's no obvious person to take the belt. If it's done right and the crowd is hot it could make Willow in one night. 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, (BP) said:

This show was PPV-level quality bell-to-bell for me. 

Love the handshakes. TK’s the first promoter in wrestling history whose roster is more civil to each other in kayfabe than reality.

I love that AEW gets better in the ring the more everybody legit hates each other's guts.

• Like 2