DVDVR Message Board

DYNAMITE!- 10/5/2022!

DEAN

For anyone with terrible short term memory like myself:

Bryan Danielson & Daniel Garcia vs. Chris Jericho & Sammy Guevara

TNT title: Wardlow vs. Brian Cage

MJF vs. Wheeler Yuta

Hangman Page vs. Rush

Toni Storm, Athena & Willow Nightingale vs. Jamie Hayter, Serena Deeb & Penelope Ford

Darby Allin vs. Jay Lethal

Luchasaurus in action

National Scissoring Day” with The Acclaimed and Billy Gunn

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Curt McGirt said:

Yeah, that TNT match is a biiiiig softball. Is Cage under contract with anyone right now? Maybe Tony is cutting brother a break and giving him a check and some TV time.

Everything else looks great. 

I'm not certain on this, but I believe he was actually resigned by AEW (ostensibly for the ROHboot, but who knows)

• Like 1

A tragedy. FTR were so good with Tully and now... ?

What are the odds of the main event being a Halloween Havoc '95 Arn/Pillman vs. Sting/Flair situation? I know it was too predictable and lolstupidsting but the way they set it up was so money and I will never forget Flair getting the hot tag in the slacks, doing the Flair rope run right into coldcocking Stinger. The beatdown is fucking terrific too, with Sting fighting like a madman to get at Flair and the Horsemen having to hold him down. The October 16th Nitro to set it up was great with Sting not buying Flair's reformation and forcing him to work the first bit of their tag match against Arn and Pillman by himself before coming down to singlehandedly win the match.

• Like 2

Jay, at least, doesn't seem to be the kinda guy that would lead Darby to do some really dumb shit. But he'll probably do some really dumb shit anyway. They could always have a nice technical match with some shenanigans. 

After thinking about all the problems with Sammy I'd rather they go after him, teach the little bastard to keep his mouth shut once and for all. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jiji said:

A tragedy. FTR were so good with Tully and now... ?

What are the odds of the main event being a Halloween Havoc '95 Arn/Pillman vs. Sting/Flair situation? I know it was too predictable and lolstupidsting but the way they set it up was so money and I will never forget Flair getting the hot tag in the slacks, doing the Flair rope run right into coldcocking Stinger. The beatdown is fucking terrific too, with Sting fighting like a madman to get at Flair and the Horsemen having to hold him down. The October 16th Nitro to set it up was great with Sting not buying Flair's reformation and forcing him to work the first bit of their tag match against Arn and Pillman by himself before coming down to singlehandedly win the match.

Garcia is totally turning on Danielson. This has been a long con from the start leading to Danielson restoring the honor to ROH by winning the title.

At which point ROH still won't have a TV deal ?

• Like 3

Fantastic line-up! Darby v Lethal is the showstealer, and on a really tough line-up to top. Finally the Women's Trios on Turner, and with an impressive cast. The long con is a good call and I'm there for it. Er well maybe MJF v Yuta is the match to beat. 

I want Jericho vs. PCO for the ROH title.  I’ve largely missed this revival for that Qubeccers pirate guy I sorta remember from the 90s.  But I understand his character had a moment or two a couple of years ago that never really got paid off on a proper stage.  

Plus some of the bumps I saw him take at his advanced age makes me want to spend a Wednesday night cheering him on.  I saw a news blurb regarding it today and dug it.

I know your reading this Tony Khan.  If Swole isn’t sharing her weed anymore, Brandon Bones will hook you up.  

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Brandon Bones said:

I want Jericho vs. PCO for the ROH title.  I’ve largely missed this revival for that Qubeccers pirate guy I sorta remember from the 90s. 

I remember explaining to a friend that PCO is Quebecer PIerre and he was blown away.  ?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

I remember explaining to a friend that PCO is Quebecer PIerre and he was blown away.  ?

I've talked to PCO in person, and I was specifically looking for something that looked like Pierre and it's not there. He just looks so incredibly different now.

• Like 2

Good draw for Page this month.

RUSH and Moxley are maybe the two best people on the roster to push him hard, give him no air, and tamper down on his bullshit match structure ideas. He should have a good month.

I'm kind of fascinated to see what Cage vs Wardlow will look like as a cold match. We've seen Wardlow showing off the agility a bit more lately and that's basically Cage's deal, for good or ill. I ALMOST think that it's there to be a set up for Joe vs Cage maybe?

Remember how we felt like Yuta and Garcia were going to do everything they could to steal the show a few weeks ago. Same deal with MJF and Yuta. That's the mentality that gave us the technically sound but kind of empty Darby vs MJF match from earlier in the year, but this has more heat and history behind it, so we'll see. MJF is going to want to help get Yuta over the next hump while still going over strong. It'll be a real test of both guys and I hope they nail it.

Women's match has to overcome whatever the hell happened last week. It definitely feels like some random Team BAD vs Team PCB 2015 Raw women's match, which is not a good look. Everyone in it is good though, so it should be solid.

Main event is all about the turn one way or the other. Does Tony feel like he really, really needs a hot program going into Canada? Does he realize Jericho will be over as a face no matter what and decide to run with babyface Garcia in the long turn? I think what I'd do is have Yuta lose valiantly earlier in the night (due to, let's say, interference from Firm member Moriarty) but get pissed off that Danielson wasn't there for him and turn on him at the end of the night to join with Jericho to heat things up. But no one cares what I'd do here. Let's see what Khan does.

Basically, this really, really needs to be a good show. But there's no reason why it shouldn't be.

Edited by Matt D
  • Like 6