DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2022 - WEEK 5

Dolfan in NYC

17 hours ago, supremebve said:

I feel like it has been established in common law, that if you trespass on a football field, getting fucked up by a linebacker is 100% legal and encouraged.

I remember this coming up during the span of time in the late 1990's when dumbasses would jump into WCW's ring. If you fuck around, you will find out.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, JLSigman said:

I remember this coming up during the span of time in the late 1990's when dumbasses would jump into WCW's ring. If you fuck around, you will find out.

The NFL needs to get Pee Wee Anderson on the payroll. He used to fuck up dudes jumping in the ring.

• Like 5

While the Giants decided to not sign another QB they have decided to bring back Landon Collins

Let's hope he is willing to play LB because if he is playing in the secondary.... God Bless

1 hour ago, Log said:

The NFL needs to get Pee Wee Anderson on the payroll. He used to fuck up dudes jumping in the ring.

After watching the first territories thing on vice, they should be glad they don't haul them into a special room for the football players to get a shot or two in.

• Like 4

Here’s what I can’t believe about Brady...how obsessively up his poop shoot the homers really are. I’ve seen some deep homer junk like we all have, and have been guilty of some of it, but I’ve never been offended over a picture for the reason that they’re offended. That’s vague I know but if it doesn’t make sense to you you’re lucky lol! 

9 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

Here’s what I can’t believe about Brady...how obsessively up his poop shoot the homers really are. I’ve seen some deep homer junk like we all have, and have been guilty of some of it, but I’ve never been offended over a picture for the reason that they’re offended. That’s vague I know but if it doesn’t make sense to you you’re lucky lol! 

Am I the only one who finds the who Brady marriage saga profoundly sad? I clearly don't love anything as much as Brady loves football,  but even if I did,  I couldn't imagine I'd ever loving a job enough to lose my wife and children. Not only that,  but at this point, the overwhelming odds say that football is much more likely to provide more pain than glory. He could have retired five years ago and we all be calling him the greatest quarterback ever. If being the greatest ever isn't enough, or being unbelievably wealthy isn't enough, what is enough? What is the point of achieving these things if you aren't satisfied once they're achieved.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Kuetsar said:

After watching the first territories thing on vice, they should be glad they don't haul them into a special room for the football players to get a shot or two in.

flashed me back to this old tale of Herc

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Am I the only one who finds the who Brady marriage saga profoundly sad? I clearly don't love anything as much as Brady loves football,  but even if I did,  I couldn't imagine I'd ever loving a job enough to lose my wife and children. Not only that,  but at this point, the overwhelming odds say that football is much more likely to provide more pain than glory. He could have retired five years ago and we all be calling him the greatest quarterback ever. If being the greatest ever isn't enough, or being unbelievably wealthy isn't enough, what is enough? What is the point of achieving these things if you aren't satisfied once they're achieved.  

Asked and answered with his type.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, supremebve said:

We have disagreed in the past, but you worded this perfectly.  I can only assume Tom has Ric Flair syndrome and has a fear of life without football 

• Like 1

Already been said here by others, but especially after winning the 2020 title with the Bucs, the man had nothing left to add to his legacy. He proved he wasn't just a product of the system, that he could win without Belichick, etc etc.

Or, hell, last year would've been a fine finish as well. Put together an MVP caliber season, put together one last miracle comeback only to have the Rams answer at the end... It's a perfect "going out on his shield" kind of ending, with every career passing record wrapped up and going to stand for years.

Instead he's come back to a team with a banged up offensive line, missing one of it's two best receivers, and with Gronk once again retired leaving him without his favorite target, just like that kinda miserable last year in New England.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

The (probably photoshopped) AB photo with Giselle?  That’s all I got.  If it’s something else, I’m been fortunate enough to miss it.

5 hours ago, supremebve said:

In his mind no matter how beautiful his wife is, no matter how much money he has, no matter how many GOAT records he has... he's still just that dumpy looking dude standing shirtless at the NFL Combine. It's why even tho he's great, it'll never be enough. It's some deep psychological dis-morphia. It's basically the exact same thing Ric Flair has always dealt with. It's just how he's wired and no matter how sad his career and home life gets, he's still trying to prove to himself he's not that dumpy looking shirtless dude.

I'm not saying this flippantly or mockingly, but it's a mental health issue.

• Like 3

It's also entirely possible, that both Tom and Gisele are ridiculous, awful, insanely difficult people. 

While it worked for a while, he's clearly chosen his love (football) over his wife. (Can't quite say that about the kids yet, but leaning that way.)

And as for Gisele... Let's give her a little agency here.   I'll guarantee you, she's no day in the park either.  I know y'all have been talking about wanting to feel her bod and what not, but lord almighty -- looks are not everything.  In fact, when you're that into your looks...  well, I'll just say when making money is tied to look absolutely stunning 25/8 (and it's working), you're going to be super duper annoying about making sure you stay that way.  

But frankly, they're two people I don't know and whatever the reason is they're apparently getting divorced... it's probably a good one. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, madl said:

The (probably photoshopped) AB photo with Giselle?  That’s all I got.  If it’s something else, I’m been fortunate enough to miss it.

Yeah that...so many fans are taking the worst possible thing from that picture and making it about Brady, who of course they have to defend, and before the conversation is over you get people arguing over his and AB’s wanger size. 

Also Dolfan has some points on that whole side of the discussion. 

Edited by BloodyChamp

25 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

It's also entirely possible, that both Tom and Gisele are ridiculous, awful, insanely difficult people. 

While it worked for a while, he's clearly chosen his love (football) over his wife. (Can't quite say that about the kids yet, but leaning that way.)

And as for Gisele... Let's give her a little agency here.   I'll guarantee you, she's no day in the park either.  I know y'all have been talking about wanting to feel her bod and what not, but lord almighty -- looks are not everything.  In fact, when you're that into your looks...  well, I'll just say when making money is tied to look absolutely stunning 25/8 (and it's working), you're going to be super duper annoying about making sure you stay that way.  

But frankly, they're two people I don't know and whatever the reason is they're apparently getting divorced... it's probably a good one. 

I can't dispute any of this, but she's also publicly stated, multiple times that she wants him to retire, because of the stress football has put on their marriage.  She could be a fucking asshole, I don't know, nor do I really care.  That isn't the point I was trying to make.  The issue that I have is less about them as individuals and more about what it means to be satisfied with your life.  I don't understand the people who's entire identity is tied up with their jobs.  It just doesn't make sense to me.  Work is what you do so you can actually live the life you want.  It isn't your actual life.  In my opinion, you should probably only get married to someone you want to build your life with, so losing a marriage because you'd rather work is a concept, I'll never understand.  Between the two of them, they've made more money than they'll ever be able to spend, they don't actually have to work.  Their lives are built, all they have to do is live it.  If I ever get enough money to retire, I'm going stop working that day.  I don't need any of this shit, the only reason I work is because without money I can't do the things that I like to do.  I've never loved a job, and I never will love a job, that's not what I work for.  Love is something I seek from the people closest to me.  He seems to have the exact opposite mentality and I find it disheartening.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Jesus these teams are awful, when the commentators are insulting both teams that's never a good thing.

Every time Matt Ryan gets hit, I want you to remember that the highest paid player on this team is a guard.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Jesus these teams are awful, when the commentators are insulting both teams that's never a good thing.

Al saying "Matt Ryan, retire you bitch" was out of line though.  

In other news, my edibles are kicking in. 

• Haha 3

Just now, Dolfan in NYC said:

Al saying "Matt Ryan, retire you bitch" was out of line though.  

In other news, my edibles are kicking in. 

I liked when one commentator said "and the halftime team will have lots to analyze" and the other was like "they will?"  Even when he has protection Ryan just throws it into the ground or to a defender, its sad.

• Like 1