Dolfan in NYC

Hey there's a PLE this Saturday!  

TONIGHT! 

Bianca/Bayley contract signing

AJ & Rey vs. The Judgment Day 

Candice LaRae vs. Dakota Kai

Daniel Cormier gets added to the Fight Pit!***

*** (As a referee!)

I only half-watch but a lot of it kept my attention this time. All the women's stuff was good and the Bobby/Ali match was great. They definitely were going for a Taker/Jeff Hardy thing except without the "I respect you kid" finish. Bobby's "THIS motherfucker" face is too good. 

The big Wrestler Thing these days is spiked leather jackets. Every other damn one has one. I want a meme where all of them are pictured and the caption reads "Do you even Discharge, bro?"

• Like 1

Rey Mysterio and AJ Styles take on Finn Balor and Damien Priest!  Rey still looks so fucking great.  Mysterio is the definition of sympathetic babyface and Rey is being beaten by the collective HEAT MACHINE that is Judgement Day, with Dominik being the point of the spear, who brings the HATE just standing there.  Damien Priest is fun selling all crazy when Styles beats on him.  A VVitch reference!  Styles takes over as the babyface in peril.  Finn Balor CRUSHES AJ Styles with a Toprope Stomp after  Dominik distracts Rey and Rhea Ripley clotheslines him.   Postmatch, Styles turns on Rey and Judgement Day beats on an isolated Styles.  That was good- being more of continuation of the story than an actual wrestling match- eventhough there was enough of of a match to work on its own.  Mustafa Ali will be beaten to death by Bobby Lashley.  Ali bumps like a complete psycho to make Lashley look like a total killer.  Ali gets in a flurry of offense!  Lashley cuts him off by hitting a Lariat after dragging him to floor.  Ali kicks out of Lashley destroying him over and over.  GREAT fucking FINISH.  I don't know if that will get Mustafa Ali over but I dig the effort.  Postmatch, Seth Rollins attacks Lashley and Mustafa which should lead to Lashley and Ali tagging against Rollins and somebody or something?  Or maybe it was just to get Lashley over.  I don't know.  It's Candace LaRae!  She trained Britt Baker.  Dakota Kai is the tag champion so she SHOULD lose any and all singles matches if this follows age old professional wrestling rules.  LaRae is fun in the ring.  I'm trying to figure out where she is in the hierarchy of the WWE ladies.  She's better in the ring than Alexa Bliss.  We'll see if she moves up as the weeks progress.  She'll definitely lay it in which will move her up quick in my estimation.  This match is good.  I'm trying to figure out how Kai loses.  OH NO!  The rules are broken!  Kai rolls her up after Bayley CHEATS!  It's Johnny Gargano versus Otis!  Will Otis or Chad Gable ever win again?  Gargano bumps like a freak for Otis early.  Otis can't win because the Alpha Academy is the best possible version of the Factory.  JESUS!  A High Angle Released Dangerous Backdrop Driver!  Gargano goes DDT CRAZY!  MORE RULES BROKEN!  Austin Theory hits Gargano with the briefcase thingy!  OTIS WINS!  Then Braun Strowman rushes the ring and they ECW it into a match as Strowman impressively beels Gable over the top rope onto Otis.  EVEREST GERMAN SUPLEX WITH A BRIDGE BY GABLE ON BRAUN STROWMAN!  Awesome.  So Strowman is really good at selling.  So Strowman is a younger version of Lance Archer?  A little younger- by 6 years.  He was good in that, making Gable look great before pinning him.  That was good.  Angelo Dawkins takes on Solo Sikoa!  It's the battle of the Secret Wrestling Machines!  Sikoa is all dynamic and shit.  He does a lotta Samoan Drops.  He goes 500% Samoan by applying the Nerve Hold!  NICE Belly To Belly Suplex by Sikoa.  WRECKED EM!  Dawkins makes a comeback after Sikoa beats the fudge out of him.  They have an extended Jey versus Sami section but Sikoa CRUSHES Dawkins with a Urinagi!  That was really good.  It's Alexa Bliss versus IYO SKY!  Bliss has been wrestling over her head lately.  We'll see how she does against one of the greatest of all time.  They can't break the rules AGAIN and have SKY win?  This match is great!  OH MAN!  IYO HITS A BEAUTIFUL MOONSAULT FOR THE WIN!  Postmatch, WWE is suddenly channeling Bill Watts and the heel completely destroys the babyfaces.  GREAT!  TOTALLY GREAT!

• Like 3

JD vs. Rey/AJ was nice as a match/segment. Feels like Dom is embracing his character more and more each week. I kind of love how much the crowd hates him right now.

Lashley/Ali was so so good. Ali came out looking fantastic even in losing. The post match attack b Seth wa neat. As was the Seth/Riddle segment though it would have been even better had Cormier not been announced as the ref this past weekend.

Dug what i caught of Otis/Gargano. Also liked how it led into Braun/Gable which itself was fun and gave Gable way more shine than expected.

Dawkins/Solo was solid-good. Solo is so good as the wilder and rougher element of the Bloodline. The Sami/Jey feud continues to be fun and played into this decently as well.

What I caught of Candice/Dakota was solid. Dug the Bayley/Bianca contract signing and how it led to the main event between Io/Alexa which was kind of good. Alexa gave a solid fired up performance, and Io was awesome as always making everythign look good be that delivering or eating offense.

• Like 1

Ffwd to begin. I like the Judgment Day, but this creative does not value brevity. He never did. But I ain’t complain’ with my ffwd trigger in full force. Mysterio-Styles v Judgment Day for my determination! Well worth it. So happy to have Rey Mysterio back in my life. He’s just as great as he ever was. Balor holds the ropes open and Pencil ‘stache Styles takes an incredible bump to the floor. Incredible! Cool to hear Graves namedrop Robert Eggers’ the Witch. WWE commentary is far superior to thee other channel. Unless that channel is AXS, and then they’re edged out by the great Tom Hannifan. Helmsley’s totally bringing Tom back. Tho, I’d much prefer him on Wednesdays. I’m only recalling two, but Damien Priest’s clotheslines are murderous. He really oughta use it as a finish. I’m not sure what Styles was so hot about, he just got beat fair and square by Finn Balor. Strange, no protection on the finish for Styles - a guy they really oughta be featuring. Dug the post match beatdown til it went long and needed that ffwd. Okay, so Lashley v Rollins was a better match, but this Ali bout was more fun. I loved that. The 450 to the arm was unreal. Maybe Dante Martin could incorporate that into his nose dive to the catching arm. I was almost sorta believing they might 123 kid Mustafa. This is the kind of one sided ‘squash’ that all of modern wrestling should be doing more of. Tho, it requires a helluva beating and I hope Ali isn’t feeling like hell today. I loved the Rollins postmatch run-in. I generally ffwd his promos, but I was cooking so let it run. What an embarrassing exchange! Cormier video was the cherry on top. Awful. Riddle was pretty lame on the mic here. That song try was awkward stuff. But then all that said, it seems like the Universe accepts it just fine. They’re singing the song and having a good time. Speaking of a good time, Bayley and her crew are always down for fun. Dakota Kai seems dangerously gangly. I love that pump kick she hit. LeRae goes down! Nice sorta upset there. Does LeRae get herself a partner and come back at the crew? Kind of a weak looking cheat there. Not a great match, but I was there. Wow, so stoked for the big Otis win! Perhaps that’ll teach Gargano to be so happy-go-lucky. And then to my surprise I really dug a Braun Strowman match. I won’t diminish it by saying (perhaps) my favorite wrestler Chad Gable was the reason. The big guy sold that one throughout. I was 98% certain Gable wasn’t winning, but man, I was thinking for a minute because of the previous decisions that maybe my dreams were coming true, and the rocket would be launched! Still such a fun match. I liked the promo after. I wanna like Austin Theory and I think I’m getting there. And then a fun Zayn caught the act Bloodline promo there. That whole promo was strong. I had no idea Montez was injured. I really like what I’ve seen of Dawkins, so I was thrilled to see him go Solo v Sikoa! Fun match! The story well executed. I love Bayley and her crew and I really like Bianca, but no way am I sitting thru a contract signing with my trusted ffwd-button-friend by my side. So the RAW main event is Alexa Bliss v Io Sky!!! Bliss has been difficult to get into for me, but Io is one of my favorites so things balanced out just fine. It’s pretty rare that I’m feeling aligned to one of the performers like when I was a kid, but damn if I wasn’t thrilled to see Io Sky score the win! Really dug that finish. I wasn’t so interested in the aftermath, but I’ll be looking out for Bayley and Bianca at the PPV. Another fun show.

• Like 1

Sorry I'm late!  One thing after another!  Pretty Deadly is wearing judge wigs!  It's Elton and that other guy!  I would usually fast forward over something like this but Pretty Deadly might make fun of Briggs and Stratton again and I wouldn't want to miss that.  AND THEY DID!  YESSSS!  Kit!  It's Elton and Kit!  HOLY FUDGE! THE BRAWLING BRUTES!  They knock their wigs off!  Oh man, I can get waaay behind this feud.  It's Oro Mensah!  He is wrestling Carmello Hayes!  Mensah is good.  Carmello is really good.  Carmello applies the CRAVATE~!  Carmello is making Mensah look like a million bucks.  Carmello does the toprope version of the Booker T Scissor Kick to get the win.  That was good.  Andre Chase and Von Wagner wrestle for the chance to get the North American championship.  That was fun if a short.  Andre Chase is our spastic secret wrestling machine.  Von Wagner is good.  Wendy Choo takes on Lash Legend.  Ass Stomper Wendy Choo is neat.  Choo is bumping all over the ring for Legend.  Choo with the Vader Bomb for the win!  Gallus is awesome because I couldn't comprehend anything they said.  It's Toxic Attraction!  Nikita Lyons and Zoey Stark should win this, right?  They are so physical that they should jump to IMPACT! and run the KnockOuts tag division.  Zoey hits a very nice Missile Dropkick.  While we enjoy picture in picture, Lyons becomes our face in peril.  Toxic Attraction beats on Lyons old school. Gigi Dolan procures a Chinlock to allow the crowd to get behind Lyons STRUGGLE to escape the Glamour Girls-like offense of Toxic Attraction.  DOUBLE KICKS!  Stark is all fiery after the hot tag!  Stark is the Super Worker of NXT.  Zoey Stark hits her beautifullty preposterously elaborate Go To Sleep and THEN!  FIRE CROTCH by LYONS!  FOR THE WIN!  That was good.  Cora Jade/Roxanne Perez pull apart was FUN!  It helped me figure out what the fuck Roxanne was wearing.  It's Duke Hudson!  Julius Creed goes complete Steiner and that was quick.  Xyon Quinn and Hank Walker have a match.  The Brawling Brutes!  Pretty Deadly!  Elton and Kit!  Butch MANIPULATES THE JOINTS!  Pretty Deadly are AWESOME goofball heels.  They FINALLY take down Butch and THUS Butch becomes our face in peril.  Pretty Deadly are fucking AWESOME beating the fuck out of Butch.  I love how they go from WWE Ass Boys to WWE Fabulous Ones  and can really beat the shit out of folks.  This match is fucking great.  IMPERIUM RUNS IN!  SPILT MILK!  PRETTY DEADLY RETAIN!  That was fun.  That was a good little episode.

• Like 1

Had it on as background noise and was interested in seeing Brutes vs. Pretty Deadly. Ignored most of it until the pop country guy came out wearing absolutely no wrestling gear to the distain of Wade which just made me say "yeah fuck this shit" and turn it off entirely. 

• Haha 1

What I caught of Hayes/Mensah was decent.

Chase/Wagner short but nice.

Choo/Lash like the last match was short but nice while it lasted. I like Choo's Vader Bomb.

Dug the little vid for KC Squared.

Lyons/Stark vs. Toxic Attraction was pretty solid. I'm digging Stark and Lyons together, and TA feel like they are improving again after feeling a bit rough the last couple of months. Glad Stark/Lyons won. Will be interesting seeing them against KC Squared. 

The GWE was a decent segment. Looking forward to Cora/Roxanne II at Halloween Havoc.

Poor Hudson got murked by Julius Creed. Dig the post match between the Creeds and Kemp.

Brutes vs. Pretty Deadly was good. Holland is slowly carrying his of these matches better and not leaving Dunne to do so much on his own. Still Dunne is just so damn good that he kind of overtakes these matches regardless. Pretty Deadly looked great once again bumping around, being cheap, and getting rough when needed. Finish was bit off with Imperium coming in just a pinch late, but it worked well enough.

• Like 2