DVDVR Message Board

TNA Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 12/12

*Taped for Xplosion: Velvet Sky def. Brooke

TNA Impact Wrestling - Airing December 12, 2013 from Orlando, FL

*It is announced that next week's Impact on December 19 will be the Final Resolution special and will feature the world title tournament final of Jeff Hardy vs Magnus. A table is set up in the ring with the Wheel of Dixie and four briefcases as tonight is the return of the Feast or Fired battle royal. The wheel is about to be spun to determine the stipulation for the final but Kurt Angle comes out and calls out Bobby Roode. Roode came out and said Angle should be phased off. Roode said he could beat Angle any day of the week and has nothing left to prove. Angle wants to fight right now and they get into a ringside brawl until refs break it up. Roode got through and dropped Angle with a low blow. Roode says if Kurt thinks he can beat him twice in one night then it will be Roode vs Angle - 2/3 falls at Final Resolution.

*Austin Aries def. Chris Sabin (w/ Velvet Sky) after the brainbuster to become the new TNA X Division Champion

*Gail Kim comes out for her open challenge. ODB comes out and gets into a brawl with Lei'D Tapa. Gail joins in for a two on one attack until Madison Rayne makes the save.

*Ethan Carter III comes out and says tonight they are going to change it up and he challenges Jeremy Borash. EC3 is interrupted by Sting, who comes out with a mic. Sting jokes that he can't believe he's in the ring with such greatness then calls out EC3 for using his last name to get to the top. Sting tells EC3 that tonight is Feast or Fired and the Carters are putting people's jobs on the line. Sting says EC3 can enroll in the match tonight or fight him right now. EC3 says if the Icon Sting wants him to do something memorable, he's on and then says he will be in Feast or Fired.

*Eric Young & Joseph Park def. Bad Influence when Park pinned Kazarian with the Black Hole Slam after Young made Park bleed. After the match, Eric Young announces that for the last 18 months, Joseph Park could not find Abyss because Park IS Abyss leaving Park in disbelief.

*Mr. Anderson came out for the main event but Bully Ray attacked him during his entrance and piledrove him on the stage. Bully cut a promo about Anderson's wife being pregnant with two kids and how he will be responsible for their futures. 

*Feast or Fired Battle Royal: Gunner, Zema Ion, Ethan Carter III, & Chavo Guerrero Jr. win the briefcases. Also in the match were Austin Aries, Chris Sabin, Dewey Barnes, Norv Fernum, Hernandez, Samoa Joe, & James Storm. Curry Man left when the match began. Storm was about to get the last case when Gunner pulled him down and got it instead.

*Dixie Carter came out and spoke about AJ Styles being a headache. She said next week she will get a new world champion and brings out Magnus and Hardy for final words. Hardy said last year he won the BFG Series and the world title and it was his year and next week the creatures will take the title again. Magnus said he may be young but he's not stupid, he knows these are Hardy's people and he's the top guy. Magnus says next week is the final obstacle and to be the #1 guy he has to beat the #1 guy which he intends to do. They shake hands. Dixie announces the match's special stipulation will be a "Dixieland" match where the winner will travel the world with her in her private jet.

Hooray for Aries and ending another pointless Sabin reign, also Madison Rayne! Feast or Fired!

After the match, Eric Young announces that for the last 18 months, Joseph Park could not find Abyss because Park IS Abyss leaving Park in disbelief.

BULL SHIT* 

FTFY

*The untrue kind, not the "fuck this company" kind

After the match, Eric Young announces that for the last 18 months, Joseph Park could not find Abyss because Park IS Abyss leaving Park in disbelief.

BULL SHIT*

FTFY

*The untrue kind, not the "fuck this company" kind

We knew this was where they were going with this 18 months ago it was great for a long time but know nobody cares anymore it sucks but it's true. If and if TNA was smart they would've saw Parks was great with the Bully Ray feud training with OVW shit and went with that and abandoned the Abyss Character for good and just went in an entirely different direction.

I definitely can say I DO NOT want to see Abyss back. TNA likes ripping off the WWE so this would be a PERFECT time to have a Mike Tenay Joe Parks interview where Joe talks about wanting to be loved, being picked on at school, why he became the monster Abyss, etc. The guy is already OVER, and with an interview like that he would hands down be one of the biggest babyfaces in TNA (easily top 5). Just don't bring back the Abyss character so I can keep dreaming of my Joe Parks/Sam Shaw match that starts off as a goofy affair and turns into one of the most violent matches in TNA history.

• 3 weeks later...

Really fun show. The whole first hour was a blast, and I loved Spud's silly tie. EC3 got about as close to real heat as you're going to get in TNA now, and he and Sting have some chemistry together. Glad to see Madison back and using her evil wave for good. Aries was the MVP of the show with the X Title match being very good and his stuff in the FoF match being a highlight. Gunner maybe turning heel was something, I liked the tease of Hardy joining Dixie - shame they're setting the world title situation in theory, in a goofy bullshit match next week.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2013/12/tna-impact-12-12-13-feast-or-fired.html

Screens -

BIGFOOT'S BEEN FOUND!
00ac67294659651.jpg

0dc184294660652.jpg

d3a83c294661604.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/axoup5jnh8tgxddmald0xk5656aappzz

• Like 1

Yeah pretty fun show, always enjoyed Feast or Fired as wacky of a stipulation as it is. I'm surprised that EC3 has been coming off as a pretty good heel so far, never cared for him before but have been enjoying him lately. Aries ruled all night like usual. This was Aries' 3rd X Title win not his 4th as Tenay said. Great to see Madison Rayne back, probably my all time favorite knockout along with Gail. Bully's promo was interesting and bizarre with the ominous music playing, reminded of when they used to play similar music at the end of impact in like 2011.

*Austin Aries def. Chris Sabin (w/ Velvet Sky) after the brainbuster to become the new TNA X Division Champion

*Feast or Fired Battle Royal: Gunner, Zema Ion, Ethan Carter III, & Chavo Guerrero Jr. win the briefcases. Also in the match were Austin Aries, Chris Sabin, Dewey Barnes, Norv Fernum, Hernandez, Samoa Joe, & James Storm. Curry Man left when the match began. Storm was about to get the last case when Gunner pulled him down and got it instead.

A few thoughts:

1. I don't care for the Feast or Fired idea, but only from a practical math/ kayfabe standpoint.  Say I'm Hernandez.  I have a 3/4 chance of getting an instant World/ X/ Tag title shot.  There's still a 1/4 chance of losing my job.  If I pull that "Fired" briefcase down, I'm out of work, whereas if I just don't pull down ANY case, I at least still keep my job and can potentially work my way up the ranks to get that shot anyway.  But, that could explain my own personal work history ... nothing ventured, nothing gained.

2. Who among those bunch of FoF winners is the potential "Fired" one?  Before, it's been fairly obvious - even the one where Low Ki was supposedly on his way out, and yet they had another guy (Curry Man?) get the "Fired" case (and Low Ki was still gone afterward, which was odd since it would have made PERFECT SENSE for him to get the "Fired" case ... but, TNA!  Womp womp!).  But this one ... Gunner and Storm are in a program, EC3 is too fresh, maybe Zema Ion, maybe Chavo?

3. Austin Aries wins the X title, and THEN is in Feast or Fired?  (Granted, I didn't watch the show, so maybe the order of matches was presented differently.)  Austin wins a title, a title that (unless they're changing this stip) means an automatic shot down the road at the World title, then is put in a match where he has a 50/50 chance that he could pull a case that gets him a shot at a belt he already owns OR a belt that he already has a guaranteed shot at?  Even kayfabe, that's odd to me.

I definitely can say I DO NOT want to see Abyss back. TNA likes ripping off the WWE so this would be a PERFECT time to have a Mike Tenay Joe Parks interview where Joe talks about wanting to be loved, being picked on at school, why he became the monster Abyss, etc. The guy is already OVER, and with an interview like that he would hands down be one of the biggest babyfaces in TNA (easily top 5). Just don't bring back the Abyss character so I can keep dreaming of my Joe Parks/Sam Shaw match that starts off as a goofy affair and turns into one of the most violent matches in TNA history.

Even if they could do it now, TNA has shown that they go out of their way to ruin people who are over that they don't want over. Pro Wrestling is a weird business. You got people who could potentially make you money and just because it's not someone you want, they just ignore them.

Case and point Eric Young. He should have become a mega star for them after the Bobby Roode feud when he won back his freedom.

Not to say Joe Park would have been a main eventer, but there was something about the character that people liked and in typical TNA fashion they did nothing with it.

Abyss wears a mask and a mask trumps all. 

They shake hands. Dixie announces the match's special stipulation will be a "Dixieland" match where the winner will travel the world with her in her private jet.

Hardy and Magnus are both going to try to lose on purpose. 

Even if they could do it now, any wrestling promotion has shown that they go out of their way to ruin people who are over that they don't want over. Pro Wrestling is a weird business. You got people who could potentially make you money and just because it's not someone you want, they just ignore them.

Fixed.

3. Austin Aries wins the X title, and THEN is in Feast or Fired?  (Granted, I didn't watch the show, so maybe the order of matches was presented differently.)  Austin wins a title, a title that (unless they're changing this stip) means an automatic shot down the road at the World title, then is put in a match where he has a 50/50 chance that he could pull a case that gets him a shot at a belt he already owns OR a belt that he already has a guaranteed shot at?  Even kayfabe, that's odd to me.

On the show there was a segment after Aries-Sabin where Sabin confronted Aries in the back and said not only would he invoke his rematch clause but he would also enter Feast or Fired to get himself another title shot. Aries said that's a great idea, I'll take your title, your idea and enter Feast or Fired myself and next I'm taking your girl. It is still kind of stupid but in terms of previous decisions made in TNA it sits fairly dead in the center.

Case and point Eric Young. He should have become a mega star for them after the Bobby Roode feud when he won back his freedom.

Hell, even before that though; that "Don't Fire Eric" shit was on fire.

We don't use Kilometres in England, we use Miles. I know my weight in Stones and pounds, not kilogrammes.

Anyway, why's nobody asked why Bully Ray was doing the opening monologue from Shout at the Devil (the Motley Crue album, not the old Movie)? Because it didn't really make sense... in the context he was using it... or at all really. Is his new gimmick that because he can't be in a Biker Gang anymore, he's basing his career around Motley Crue songs? Will the next PPV have Bully & Brooke vs Gail and Tapa in a Too Young To Fall In Love Streetfight? Or will he fight Joe Park in a Same Ol' Situation Falls Count Anywhere match?

EDIT: I thought this would turn into something, but the obvious punchline is the She Goes Down on a Pole match, and I've already thought of that.