DVDVR Message Board

AEW - OCTOBER 2022

The Natural

2 hours ago, Casey said:

Kathleen Finch, the CCO of Warner Bros. Discovery, did an interview with the Hollywood Reporter and talked briefly about AEW.

We really play in the sports space. One of the things that we’re doing around sports is creating shoulder programming to hold onto those fans. AEW [All Elite Wrestling] pulls huge numbers, so we are working with the wrestling team to figure out what new kind of content can we build that’s not in a wrestling ring.

Really struggling to resist the urge to spike the football here.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Give Lance Archer his own show and everybody dies. 

Murderhawk Mansion, a show about a small mom and pop murder farm where every episode the Archers try to figure out how to monetize their son battering locals to death. Jake Roberts is the breakout Fonzie/Uncle Jesse character who lives in a guest house that looks like the interior of Scatman Crothers’s apartment in The Shining. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

28 minutes ago, (BP) said:

Murderhawk Mansion, a show about a small mom and pop murder farm where every episode the Archers try to figure out how to monetize their son battering locals to death. Jake Roberts is the breakout Fonzie/Uncle Jesse character who lives in a guest house that looks like the interior of Scatman Crothers’s apartment in The Shining. 

Murderhawk Mansion sounds more like a gameshow combining a haunted house with American Gladiators.

Sign me up. TO WATCH IT, not to participate in it.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, (BP) said:

Remake the Human Wrecking Ball show, but with Archer demolishing stuff by chokeslamming dudes into it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, madl said:

Did Rhodes to the Top pull good ratings?  Pro wrestler reality shows sound like a bad idea to me.

I think the premiere did like 445,000 viewers, and they were doing like 309,000 to 345,000 for the last one. That was apparently enough to earn a second season, but Cody jumped to WWE not long after. Like I don't think WarnerMedia ever officially announced a second season, but WOR and I think Fightful said it was happening before Cody left.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Helwani and trying to manufacture drama, name a more iconic duo.

He also said anyone that thinks AEW’s product is better than WWE is an absolute liar. So, yeah.

• Haha 4

Ariel Helwani is also Nick Khan's boy, does promotional work for the WWE through their British broadcasters, is buddy-buddy w/ CM Punk and, for anyone who doesn't follow MMA, is one of the thinnest-skinned people in the game.

The Punk vs. Elite situation ostensibly blew up because Punk thought they were leaking rumors to Meltzer. We all know that their were meetings within AEW akin to "hey, guys, stop leaking so much shit". Since the double-whammy of the Vince McMahon -> CM Punk drama had the dirtsheets selling more subscriptions than ever and going mad with entitlement and power. And now that they aren't getting the same drip feed of backstage drama they're going knives out on AEW? Or do they just realize baiting arguments gets the most clicks? Meltzer's already the next one up complaining (cause your sources are suspended, dummy). If you are a fan of wrestling please stop participating or paying for this shit.

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Casey said:

Helwani and trying to manufacture drama, name a more iconic duo.

He also said anyone that thinks AEW’s product is better than WWE is an absolute liar. So, yeah.

Is he not working for WWE? If not, a shameless plug of a man.

6 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I'm not sure I could name a "wrestling journalist" that is not biased either towards a particular company and/or worker.

It's all shades of gray, bro. ?

Ariel gets a pass usually because UFC has done him "dirty" even though he's done shit that was questionable. IE going out of his way to leak news before the UFC's show on FS1 would air would they would announce new fights. That's pretty childish for a guy who is suppose to be the premier, respected MMA journalist.

For all the shit he's had for the UFC, they have never banned anyone from going on his show even if they want to talk fighter pay and crude contract negotiating on the part of the UFC. WWE still doesn't allow folks to do WOR or other shows unless they approve it.