DVDVR Message Board

AEW - OCTOBER 2022

The Natural

20 hours ago, matt925 said:

I also appreciate that he donates a lot to a lot of people in the wrestling world. It’s worth noting. 

Rich people engage in philanthropy because the alternative is giving everyone free health care and (gasp) paying more taxes - so they'd rather throw menial amounts of money away and take credit for it

Any country that has its citizens begging for money on GoFundMe to cover medical bills and other basic expenses is irreparably broken

• Like 3
  • Thanks 11
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

Any country that has its citizens begging for money on GoFundMe to cover medical bills and other basic expenses is irreparably broken

If it's irreparable, I guess we should just give up trying to make things better?

Nah.

People seem very down on the Baltimore Dynamite card. Which is fair. Jade vs Shafir 1 was pretty rough and this is part of an angle so there's no reason to think this will be better, even if Nyla will be entertaining. I think there's some novelty to Fenix vs Luchasaurus vs Cassidy but it wasn't on a list of matches anyone would willingly have put together. Moriarty vs Mox sounds like a ton of fun but we haven't exactly seen what heel Moriarty can do yet and again, angle-laden. Even the people who think Lethal vs Darby will be good don't necessarily want to see it. So it's down to if there is some sort of interesting surprise in the Darby match and just who the mystery ROH champ is. If it's randomly Low-Ki or Nigel or Hero or something, people will suddenly be very forgiving. If it's Daniels...

• Like 1

It's Davey Richards, and you can't convince me otherwise. Although a lot of people are trying to make Colt Cabana being the mystery opponent a thing, only because "lol fuck CM Punk". Meh.

I'm here for the Dynamite card just to see the sit-down interview with Saraya and Britt Baker, led by Renee. Gimme confirmation of the Full Gear match, you fuckers.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Matt D said:

People seem very down on the Baltimore Dynamite card. Which is fair. Jade vs Shafir 1 was pretty rough and this is part of an angle so there's no reason to think this will be better, even if Nyla will be entertaining. I think there's some novelty to Fenix vs Luchasaurus vs Cassidy but it wasn't on a list of matches anyone would willingly have put together. Moriarty vs Mox sounds like a ton of fun but we haven't exactly seen what heel Moriarty can do yet and again, angle-laden. Even the people who think Lethal vs Darby will be good don't necessarily want to see it. So it's down to if there is some sort of interesting surprise in the Darby match and just who the mystery ROH champ is. If it's randomly Low-Ki or Nigel or Hero or something, people will suddenly be very forgiving. If it's Daniels...

These kind of cards always overachieve so they are due for one to suck.  I assume Kenny Omega and the boys show up to make this rule.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Guys it's OK to not like who Jericho donates to politically and still think it's cool that he donates his money to help out other performers who have fallen on hard times and/or had an emergency for which they needed help. 

Is it though? Sheet writers spend their column space and the narrative on social media becomes around Jericho's donation to another wrestler, rather than the 10 x he spent on the Trump campaign, or his wife's involvement on January 6th. One actively attempts to make the other go away. I'm not sure how you can make the argument that the two exist completely separate of one another.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Casey said:

It's Davey Richards, and you can't convince me otherwise. Although a lot of people are trying to make Colt Cabana being the mystery opponent a thing, only because "lol fuck CM Punk". Meh.

I'm here for the Dynamite card just to see the sit-down interview with Saraya and Britt Baker, led by Renee. Gimme confirmation of the Full Gear match, you fuckers.

I hope it is Davey, because 1) he’ll hopefully be as Davey Richards as Davey Richards can be

and 2) having him and Regal in the same promotion brings me one step closer to seeing a real life version of an EWR angle I booked where Regal managed the American Wolves in NXT, they turned their back on the US and became the New Blue Bloods, Lord David Richards and Earl Edward Edwards.  

• Like 8

28 minutes ago, Ultimo Necro said:

I hope it is Davey, because 1) he’ll hopefully be as Davey Richards as Davey Richards can be 

So, no-show the booking and tweet some vague bullshit about how sorry he is he couldn't make it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I'm figuring it's definitely not a former world champ this time since Jericho went out of his way to say it could be a former Pure or Tag champ too.

But still hopeful for Davey or Low Ki to get a shot sometime between now and Final Battle (assuming Aries has zero chance these days but that'd be my personal top dream match pick)

1 hour ago, DreamBroken said:

I'm figuring it's definitely not a former world champ this time since Jericho went out of his way to say it could be a former Pure or Tag champ too.

But still hopeful for Davey or Low Ki to get a shot sometime between now and Final Battle (assuming Aries has zero chance these days but that'd be my personal top dream match pick)

They stated on Rampage it's a former world champ.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Dog said:

Davey Richards was ROH world champion??? ?

He beat Eddie Edwards for it, held it for almost a year before losing it to Kevin Steen.

I mean, they’re doing an unadvertised opponent so it’s more likely to be Adam Cole than anyone else. I doubt it’ll be Davey, because of MLW, Homicide is in NWA (even though they’ve worked with them before), Eddie is with Impact, and mostly everyone else like Elgin, Aries, Low Ki, Jay Briscoe, etc are problematic. So you’re really left with Cole, Jerry Lynn, Daniels, Nigel and PCO.

Rush and Taven are signed, Bandido and Dalton already did this, and O’Reilly is out injured worse than Cole - who might be ready to come back.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Matt D said:

People seem very down on the Baltimore Dynamite card. Which is fair. Jade vs Shafir 1 was pretty rough 

So I hip onto Twitter to check local forecast, and seeing JDfromNY trending had me curious to see what the fuck happened 

Uniting the women's locker room like this, not on my bingo card, im not gonna lie

Debating if I wanna go down the rabbit hole as this been blowing up all day?

• Haha 1