DVDVR Message Board

AEW - OCTOBER 2022

The Natural

1 hour ago, Casey said:

Yes, let’s pretend no one on the internet speculated that it was about Colt Cabana, even though it was definitely discussed on Reddit that night and the days after.

Sure! Let’s live in that fantasy world.

MJF mentioned CM Punk suing people well before Hangman did.

39 minutes ago, Casey said:

Hangman is also on video saying he doesn’t want or need the advice of “old timers” or veterans or whatever, so there’s also that to keep in mind.

Utter bullshit. People actually need to unpack what Hangman literally said. 

https://youtu.be/eSaizncuovY

“Oh boy, I don’t know, I’m stubborn, I don’t take advice. It’s a good question and that’s probably the honest answer. I listen to people say things, but very rarely do I listen hard. I was part of the movement that created the entire company and I’m a world champion. I don’t know that I need their advice. I’ll certainly listen, but there is something to be said about trial and error and doing it on our own. I take more pride in that.”

Did CM Punk get to where he is by taking advice and listening to everyone? Plenty of veterans and top stars didn't like his look or think highly of him or gave him crap for things he did differently. 

This whole argument is fugazi and everyone knows it. 

Booker T on CM Punk: "He's one of the main guys who doesn't take advice!"

• Like 5

I've been laying off for obvious reasons but Page is just really, really bad at laying out coherent matches. Just saying. I can definitely see someone getting more frustrated by him than someone like Omega or the Bucks who absolutely can lay out matches but make aesthetic choices for various reasons. I knew nothing about him behind the scenes or his background or Punk's concerns or anything else. Was completely unfamiliar with him coming into fall of last year and I came to these conclusions, these quite extreme conclusions, where I think he's uniquely bad in all of the wrestling I've ever seen for someone with his level of push, just from seeing him over those first six months or so.

Edited by Matt D
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Juice is awesome, but part of him being awesome were his backstage post match promos. He’s sadly not going to be doing much of that.

Also, I don’t like his current look. He looks like someone shrank Braun Strowman in the laundry.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, The Natural said:

I remember Chris Jericho getting in Brock Lesnar's business of all people at SummerSlam 2016 for busting open Randy Orton.

That story really never makes Jericho look as good as he thinks it does. It was pretty dumb of him to do and he was basically lucky Brock didn't bother with him.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Casey said:

TK: we need to stop leaking things to dirt sheets, guys

Someone: lol yeah so anyway here’s full verbatim quotes of what I personally said to Punk after the scrum, and detailed “information” on the investigation of the fight.

*Fixed

• Haha 4

Juice's best strengths are his babyface, fiery promos from the heart and his selling. He is terribly miscast as Disciple 2.0 and needs to be a babyface from the little I've seen of his heel work. He's not going to hit home runs all the time but he's definitely capable of the odd classic match and a lot of really solid ones. Good pickup. 

Now do Dragon Lee.

• Like 8

On 10/27/2022 at 9:29 AM, Craig H said:

Ok, people can think Punk is full of shit or whatever, but the dude had to do a ton of growing up very early on. It's also clear he's grown older and wiser. That doesn't preclude him from still having trust issues or a short fuse when he feels like someone is trying to pull some shit on him. That latter point is something more for therapy, which I have no idea if he's ever done and I'd guess he probably hasn't. I don't think it's fair to say that he's never had to grow up.

I wonder if thats not some off his issues. having to grow up so fast left him emotionally stunted. Don't let anyone get too close lest they leave hurt people before they can hurt you

• Like 1