DVDVR Message Board

AEW - OCTOBER 2022

The Natural

I also do not like Matt Taven.

I'd wager to say the majority of the board that has seen Taven does not like him. Weirdly enough, when I think of Taven, I think of Kross, which brings me to the question of who would I rather see...and honestly, I think it's Taven, but it's like choosing between two ice cream flavors I really don't like.

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

I absolutely want to second the fact that while I'm not a huge fan of the Bucks, their big matches are unbelievable.

Even I, as someone who is really non-fussed about them being on TV or not will agree with this. The cage match with Lucha Bros would be a first ballot for AEW best matches ever compilation.

Adam Cole's big matches are unbelievable too, but literally, from a kayfabe perspective. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Since Miro was a hot topic in here last week, here's what CJ said yesterday about his AEW tenure:

During an appearance on Busted Open Radio on Tuesday, Perry was asked how her husband is enjoying his time in AEW.

"I mean, he wants to be champion so he's not going to be happy until he's champion," she responded. "I'm just going to leave it at that." 

Perry was then asked why she thinks AEW does not use Miro regularly on its programming. 

"I have a lot of opinions about this. Tony Khan has a vision. At the end of the day, if it's 100% real, I think there's this illusion at AEW that the talent book the show. That was definitely the conversation, 'Oh you go there, you're going to basically become whatever you're made of' but at the end of the day, he's booking the show."

"It's really no different than WWE, it's just a different director and a different person's point of view. It's like comparing NBC to HBO but at the end of the day, you still have the exec who is going to make that final call and that's what it is. Tony Khan has his favorites and he's going to push the favorites just like Vince [McMahon] would push his favorites, just like Hunter is going to push his people. It's show business, it's nothing personal, it just is what it is."

"I think my husband is incredible. I feel Vince really valued him in that way and saw that. They hit heads a lot of times towards the end on creative differences. Vince really wanted him as a villain and Miro wanted to explore this new world."

https://www.f4wonline.com/news/aew/cj-perry-lana-addresses-miros-aew-absence-tony-khan-has-his-favorites?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Jump to about 38:20ish in the attached episode of Busted Open if you want to assess tone and context. Relevant part of the conversation is just that section right at the end.

Edited by John from Cincinnati
  • Like 3

If you look at the ticket sales information for AEW, the promotion is the distant no 2 now in USA. Have to see post January and upcoming quarters if AEW's ticket sales further decline over time. Or if their ticket sales stabilize.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/1073053/cm-punks-dog-injured-and-more-on-aew-all-out-fallout-exclusive/

Following the report that The Elite may be returning to All Elite Wrestling "imminently," Wrestling Inc. reached out to CM Punk's camp for a response, and received one.

We've been told that AEW has not reached out to Punk since the incident following the All Out media scrum, in which Punk and his friend and trainer, Ace Steel, reportedly got into a backstage brawl with AEW EVPs Kenny Omega and The Young Bucks. Sources indicate that after the brawl, Punk was asked to stay quiet, and agreed to do so. From the perspective of Punk's camp, the scrum itself — which became the talk of the wrestling world due to Punk's comments on Colt Cabana, "Hangman" Adam Page, and The Elite — didn't seem like a big deal, and only escalated once Punk's locker room door was "kicked in" and accidentally hit Punk's dog, Larry, in the face. At a pre-scheduled veterinarian appointment a few days later, Punk was informed that two of Larry's teeth had been knocked loose and had to be removed.

It was noted to us that Punk felt threatened and reacted in a legal way under Illinois' Castle Doctrine laws, which allow for the use of force in defense of a person in their dwelling. At this time, there is no litigation against Punk on behalf of anyone involved. It was also relayed to us that Steel's wife, Lucy, was in the room during the incident, but has not been interviewed as part of the internal investigation into the matter.

Finally, we were informed that, following "Hangman" Adam Page's comments on a May episode of "AEW Dynamite" alluding to backstage concerns about Punk, there was distrust on Punk's end going into his AEW World Championship match with Page at Double or Nothing 2022, and that Punk was concerned that the pre-determined match would break down into a real physical fight.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Since it happened, and even more so now getting the detail that the door hit Larry, I'm of the opinion that it's an Everyone Is An Asshole situation. None of them are really in the right. It's all pettiness and asshole over reactions. The only detail that emerged that made anyone sound likable is Kenny removing Larry from the room to get him away from the altercation. But then hit got bit by a grown ass man for doing it.

I think the writing is on the wall for how it is gonna ultimately shake out. But if it's me, I get rid of Steel. I keep everyone else and say knock it the fuck off. You don't have to work this into an on air angle, you don't have to like each other, but stay the fuck to yourselves and let's all just make money while being on the same team. But everyone is on zero tolerance. No more unscripted promo call outs. No more media scrum bullshit. No more confronting people at 1am with wives and dogs in the room. Grow the fuck up and let it go.

But yeah anyways, which podcast is getting the secret Thanksgiving day rant episode this year? Renee? Busted Open Radio? The Majors Figure Guys?

1 minute ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

I think the writing is on the wall for how it is gonna ultimately shake out. But if it's me, I get rid of Steel. 

Don't know if you're up to date on this nonsense or not, but if not just thought I'd let you know they dropped Ace last week. 

But yeah anyways, which podcast is getting the secret Thanksgiving day rant episode this year? Renee? Busted Open Radio? The Majors Figure Guys?

Ideally: Steve Austin on Peacock

More realistic(?): Cornette

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

The only detail that emerged that made anyone sound likable is Kenny removing Larry from the room to get him away from the altercation. But then hit got bit by a grown ass man for doing it.

You mean the part where he tried to steal Punk's dog?

I'm only half-joking. Because if you're in a heated confrontation with me and start to take my pet away, my first thought isn't "What a nice gesture" it's "Give me back my pet you fucking asshole." Maybe instead of taking the dog out of the room he should have taken his friends out.

• Like 1

Why was the dog at the door when you know people are coming to confront you after you just went on a 15 minute tirade, shitting on them and telling people to come see you if you got a problem? I do not understand punk defenders in the slightest in this one. also lol @ the idea of him fearing Adam Page shooting on him. All of that sounds like bullshit.

• Like 2