DVDVR Message Board

AEW - OCTOBER 2022

The Natural

With the promotion of Jericho and Moxley to these expanded backstage roles, it makes me wonder if this is part of Tony moving away from the Young Bucks and Kenny. And if the rumor of Punk having a backstage role is true too, then him as well.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, JLowe said:

and Garland in between. Garland is another Winter is Coming, which was incredible on TV last year and made me wish I had followed through on my brief plans to attend. San Antonio is also being advertised as a special.
It's like the opposite of how big concerts used to be, when they'd hit Houston, Dallas, and San Antonio and skip Austin.

And now Arlington for an ROH PPV. How they can ignore the largest and best city in the state, I'll never know.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

And now Arlington for an ROH PPV. How they can ignore the largest and best city in the state, I'll never know.

That one is weird, because it's not like having the talent travel from Austin on Wednesday to Houston by Saturday and then Garland by the following Wednesday would be a big deal driving-wise. I guess they figured they could just have people base out of the Metroplex for a few days unless they wanted to fly back and forth.

33 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Looks like some things might be starting to shake loose from the brawl.

Speaking of things shaking loose....The Elite were also mentioned on Dynamite last night - during the Trios title match?  They haven't been mentioned much if at all since the brawl, so I found that interesting.

Edited by Marcel
Adding context
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Marcel said:

The Elite were also mentioned on Dynamite last night - during the Trios title match?  They haven't been mentioned much if at all since the brawl, so I found that interesting.

I noticed that as well.  There was also a shot of ROH-era CM Punk in the video package for the Jericho/Castle match so who knows what it all means?

• Like 1

On 10/17/2022 at 10:51 PM, DEAN said:

HOLY SHIT!  Aussie Open vs FTR is better than either FTR/Briscoes matches.  That was fucking awesome.  A difference is that FTR was way more over than Aussie Open so it wasn't quite like the 50/50 split the crowd for the FTR/Briscoes match but this match was fucking ASS STOMPING.  FTR brought out the Australian Ass Stompers hidden in the Aussie Open and it is FUCKING GREAT.

Where was this? I need to see this if possible.

• Like 1

On 10/17/2022 at 8:51 PM, DEAN said:

HOLY SHIT!  Aussie Open vs FTR is better than either FTR/Briscoes matches.  That was fucking awesome.  A difference is that FTR was way more over than Aussie Open so it wasn't quite like the 50/50 split the crowd for the FTR/Briscoes match but this match was fucking ASS STOMPING.  FTR brought out the Australian Ass Stompers hidden in the Aussie Open and it is FUCKING GREAT.

Need to watch this.

2 hours ago, Shartnado said:

Where was this? I need to see this if possible.

NJPW Royal Quest II, 1st October. Our own @SturmCRF and @Salads were there.

• Thanks 1

Y'all, who does Dalton Castle's voice remind me of?  There's clearly some Vincent Price in there, but that's not entirely it.  I feel like there's a cartoon character that's much closer and it's been driving me crazy since last week.

7 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Y'all, who does Dalton Castle's voice remind me of?  There's clearly some Vincent Price in there, but that's not entirely it.  I feel like there's a cartoon character that's much closer and it's been driving me crazy since last week.

Paul Lynde? Any of the 1000 cartoon characters that are nothing more than a voice actor doing a Paul Lynde voice?

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, hobo joe said:

Castle's definitely channeling Paul Lynde, which is probably 90% of the reason I'm such a huge fan.

My wife asked me if he was actually gay, and I said "I don't know that a major promotion in 2022 would have a hetero playing a queen"  and then Google showed that I was wrong.

Since he's playing Snarf they also arranged for PAC to be Orko in a new teamup of "80s cartoon characters you can't stand". They squeezed in that Danhausen version of Jar Jar Binks too. 

Seriously though WHERE THE FUCK IS MIRO. HE NEEDS TO BE DESTROYING PEOPLE ON MY TV RIGHT NOW.

EDIT: Actually, PAC might be better as Scrappy Doo

Edited by Curt McGirt