DVDVR Message Board

AEW - OCTOBER 2022

The Natural

9 hours ago, (BP) said:

Matt Hardy taking lessons from the Michael Rappaport School of Old Dudes Who Think They Have a Permanent Pass Because They Like New Jack Swing and A Tribe Called Quest. It’s a long name for a school but trying telling that to Rappaport. 

I miss New Jack Swing and A Tribe Called Quest. That was my jam in 1991.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, The Natural said:

So I'm walking towards the door to head out and put some items in the car.  I see Nyla walk in with a belt I but couldn't see the front of it.  I pause and look back thinking "Wait, is that Nyla?"  I walk to the car, drop off the stuff and come back in.  While waiting in line for Hangman all of a sudden here she comes doing this video and we're all just losing it.  At the 45 second mark you see myself in the Best Friends shirt and my wife jumping.  Luckily she hung around towards the middle of the room for a few minutes.  My wife really wanted to meet her again so she heads over and they discuss the new Zelda game before getting a selfie.  She comes running back and has the hugest goddamn smile on her face.  I got more to say about Celebfest as one part in particular relates to you, fella.  ?

Oh, and soon after the selfie the Baddies are heading that way and apparently Nyla was singing the theme to "Where in the world is Carmen San Diego?" as she made her grand exit.  We want to be best friends with her so much but it's still always a treat seeing her being awesome.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 11

I sat through the Helwani interview. The questioning for the subjects TK wouldn't touch were usually prefaced with an acknowlegment by Helwani that TK wasn't going to talk about it. I don't think the questioning was out of bounds, but realistically, I don't know what Helwani thought was going to happen. In reading Helwani's comments on the interview he seems to suggest that TK had something to gain from the interview (not sure what that is) and Helwani was owed some non-public info (no one is owed anything). TK is a tough interview subject he's going to steer the interview towards the subjects he likes. (old wrestling/success of AEW)   

The head of the second largest wrestling company in the world gave you a lot of time. He even extended the interview on his own.  Probably not the best bridge to burn  

• Like 1

HOLY SHIT!  Aussie Open vs FTR is better than either FTR/Briscoes matches.  That was fucking awesome.  A difference is that FTR was way more over than Aussie Open so it wasn't quite like the 50/50 split the crowd for the FTR/Briscoes match but this match was fucking ASS STOMPING.  FTR brought out the Australian Ass Stompers hidden in the Aussie Open and it is FUCKING GREAT.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, DEAN said:

HOLY SHIT!  Aussie Open vs FTR is better than either FTR/Briscoes matches.  That was fucking awesome.  A difference is that FTR was way more over than Aussie Open so it wasn't quite like the 50/50 split the crowd for the FTR/Briscoes match but this match was fucking ASS STOMPING.  FTR brought out the Australian Ass Stompers hidden in the Aussie Open and it is FUCKING GREAT.

I read that Aussie Open vs The Briscoes has been booked soon...just check House Of Glory October 29th in NYC

• Like 1

Random thought: TBS aired reruns of the awful Dwayne Wade game show The Cube during the Yankees rain delay earlier tonight - if I'm TK, I'm on the phone with TBS offering up a Best of AEW compilation for the next time they have time to fill, and making sure that the production team has one of those in the chamber ready to go at all times, with updated lower third crawls for upcoming events, and maybe some fresh studio wrap-arounds with Tony Schiavone and Dasha or something.

Also, I hesitate to even put this out into the multiverse, but said Yankee game got moved to tomorrow at 4:08, so let's all hope they wrap up the win in 9 innings

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Random thought: TBS aired reruns of the awful Dwayne Wade game show The Cube during the Yankees rain delay earlier tonight - if I'm TK, I'm on the phone with TBS offering up a Best of AEW compilation for the next time they have time to fill, and making sure that the production team has one of those in the chamber ready to go at all times, with updated lower third crawls for upcoming events, and maybe some fresh studio wrap-arounds with Tony Schiavone and Dasha or something.

Also, I hesitate to even put this out into the multiverse, but said Yankee game got moved to tomorrow at 4:08, so let's all hope they wrap up the win in 9 innings

Honestly, I think they look for whatever they have queued up in case of an emergency. In the past, whenever rainouts use to happen, it would be some random Seinfield episode.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Don’t know what this talk is about hoping the Yankees wrap up the win, but that could be a pretty great lead-in.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

AEW is making a Texas swing in December, to Cedar Park and San Antonio, but NOT HOUSTON. SUPER disappointed.

and Garland in between. Garland is another Winter is Coming, which was incredible on TV last year and made me wish I had followed through on my brief plans to attend. San Antonio is also being advertised as a special.
It's like the opposite of how big concerts used to be, when they'd hit Houston, Dallas, and San Antonio and skip Austin.

• Like 1