DVDVR Message Board

AEW - OCTOBER 2022

The Natural

7 hours ago, The Natural said:

FYtpoT5WIAAtGGl?format=jpg&name=large

The inaugural AEW World Trios Champions.

What a great unexpected perk of the job. Once, I was announcing a match with the Kings of Wrestling, and me, Kingdom James, and Joe Dombrowski got to play with the CZW and Chikara tag belts.

• Like 3

I scanned through Saraya on Talk is Jericho.

• She really doesn't know the roster yet. That's obvious. She hasn't been keeping up or doing research or anything.
  • She's definitely going to ease into wrestling and when she does, I'm getting the sense she'll be more of an attraction and more of a work smart instead of work hard sort of wrestler. Bump-lite. Returning was more a case of the fluid in her neck coming back slowly over time than anything else, it seems.
  • Jericho and Moxley were the two that really pushed her to come over and made sure it happened. Though she seems VERY familiar with Britt relative to everyone else.
  • Some interesting stuff in the margins about how you pitch Khan ideas. Jericho gives him a month worth of stuff usually. Saraya gave him some ideas but too late and he would have worked it in the following week but she was off (which was probably this week as she wasn't on the show).
  • Some interesting talk about Vince's assistant calling her a while back and saying that she had to give WWE a cut of her twitch or stop doing it, which we've heard with others but the actual technicalities of how that's announced is interesting.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

No dog in the fight here, but even if Helwani has a point, he sounds like a massive baby in his delivery, and that to me is more of a turnoff than anything he said or asked or didn't say or ask during that interview. And FWIW, as others mentioned earlier in the week, I'm fairly certain TK was just answering with a keen eye on whatever the legal situations may or not be. Pretty standard shit no matter if you're a wrestling promotor or like, an insurance adjuster or the mayor of a town or whatever.

His problem seemed to be Tony refusing to answer even stuff that wasn't legal related at all.

Question I've been pondering: if Tony is turning this into Rampage of Honor or even if he gets a TV deal, how does the Briscoes play into this? They are already signed to ROH but they also presumably can't appear on TV after that executive said no. What will they do with them? What can be done with them? 

The ROH roster is starting to fill out if the rumors of the Bandido signing is true and the assumed signing of the Kingdom/OGK.

On 10/14/2022 at 7:18 PM, Eivion said:

His problem seemed to be Tony refusing to answer even stuff that wasn't legal related at all.

Good interviewers get people to talk. They draw things out of them. Too many journalists now (in all forms, not just sports) expect to have a press release read back to them. They’ll literally start interviews with “talk about….” That’s not a question. If Helwani wanted a good interview out of TK, he should have been a better interviewer. 

• Like 4

Matt Hardy taking lessons from the Michael Rappaport School of Old Dudes Who Think They Have a Permanent Pass Because They Like New Jack Swing and A Tribe Called Quest. It’s a long name for a school but trying telling that to Rappaport. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, (BP) said:

Matt Hardy taking lessons from the Michael Rappaport School of Old Dudes Who Think They Have a Permanent Pass Because They Like New Jack Swing and A Tribe Called Quest. It’s a long name for a school but trying telling that to Rappaport. 

Too true but since Stokely's main points of reference are Fox TV shows from that exact same era, dude is unwittingly giving Matt more legitimacy than most would ?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, (BP) said:

I miss New Jack Swing and A Tribe Called Quest. That was my jam in 1991.

• Like 4