DVDVR Message Board

AEW - OCTOBER 2022

The Natural

1 hour ago, Belgian_Waffle said:

He was backstage during a video segment romancing Dawn Marie (I think). I just remember he gives D'Lo and someone else some tight-lipped advice about a gentleman never giving away his secrets and as he walks away D'Lo goes "Damn, some guys have ALL THE LUCK!!". I've been trying to find it on YouTube for ages but nobody ever seems to upload it. 

Holy crap I did find this tho: 

https://youtu.be/FZdsOOW1mjE

LMAO he has a book out called "I'l Be Damed"  That's fucking hilarious!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I feel like Tony is missing the fact that there are options between "doing nothing" and "fines/suspensions", namely the dog house. It is less effective as people already go months without appearing on tv for no particular reason but if when someone acts out in a clearly dickish way they get less tv time, no angles and are just used to put others over for several months it probably sends enough of a "hey don't be a dick" message that ideally most will recognize it. Granted it can always backfire in individual cases (I am 90% sure Andrade was in the dog house in WWE when he asked for his release based on circumstantial evidence) but clearly it seems like a good time to consider at least trying something.

38 minutes ago, username said:

I feel like Tony is missing the fact that there are options between "doing nothing" and "fines/suspensions", namely the dog house. It is less effective as people already go months without appearing on tv for no particular reason but if when someone acts out in a clearly dickish way they get less tv time, no angles and are just used to put others over for several months it probably sends enough of a "hey don't be a dick" message that ideally most will recognize it. Granted it can always backfire in individual cases (I am 90% sure Andrade was in the dog house in WWE when he asked for his release based on circumstantial evidence) but clearly it seems like a good time to consider at least trying something.

Andrade was barely even getting booked before this.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

Which Promotion Andre's affiliated with that's preventing him from working New Japan? I thought for sure he signed with AEW he'd be touring Japen from time to time

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I thought it was that CMLL is affiliated with NJPW and Andrade burned that bridge 

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

Hasnt he and the other Munoz Family members worked for AAA this year?

Yeah and he burned that bridge too in the same Sammy interview. 

Man, next week would be Kenny’s first major league show in Canada, right? I know roh/new japan did a big crowd in Chicago for Kenny’s first time, but they never did Toronto right? That’s a damn shame. 

Edit: has he only done his local Indies or anything else?

Edited by matt925

Seemingly lost in all the chatter about picking up ex-WWE guys is that not all of their signings came from there

But there's certainly valid points about picking up new people for the first pop and then letting months go by with no direction after the initial "feel good" honeymoon period

Edited by Hayabusa
  • Like 5

11 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Meltzer is reporting that Saraya has been cleared to wrestle in AEW by Dr. Michael Sampson.

Great, there goes Jamie Hayter's shot at winning the big one ?

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Meltzer is reporting that Saraya has been cleared to wrestle in AEW by Dr. Michael Sampson.

Well given his impeccable record in dealing with head injuries in this promotion...

22 hours ago, SprintingFromAmerica said:

Just job him out on Dark every week as Fuego 3.

This would send the right message, honestly. I was thinking something sort of along these lines too: send him on excursion to Impact or NWA, and try to recoup a small percentage of his deal by essentially being his booking agent - basically, treat him the way Moolah treated her trainees (FINANCIALLY, I must stress).

14 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

She’s about to have a lights out match with Britt isn’t she 

Sometimes those plunder matches can be safer than a regular bout, though, it really depends how much she wants to test it

• Like 4

9 hours ago, matt925 said:

Yeah and he burned that bridge too in the same Sammy interview. 

Man, next week would be Kenny’s first major league show in Canada, right? I know roh/new japan did a big crowd in Chicago for Kenny’s first time, but they never did Toronto right? That’s a damn shame. 

Edit: has he only done his local Indies or anything else?

He's wrestled multiple times at the Travelodge East in Winnipeg, I don't think you get bigger than that

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, DEAN said:

Andrade is the new Austin Aries.  Will he move on to being the new Alberto?

I think Sammy is more Austin Aries frankly.  I don't get the vibe that Andrade wants the attention and wants to start shit.  Has no problem finishing it though.   It feels like Sammy wakes up every morning and thinks "so what kind of shit can I do today"

• Like 4