DVDVR Message Board

AEW - OCTOBER 2022

The Natural

22 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I would presume they believe Andrade came to the building to start shit, which is hilarious considering his wife also got sent home from work.

Sammy is still a frelling idiot.

Edited by TheVileOne

20 minutes ago, Casey said:

This might be an unpopular opinion, but if someone is unhappy and wants to leave - let them. It might set a precedent, yeah. But this is the same thing we blast WWE for.

Khan supposedly told the locker room after the Matthews stuff became public that AEW wouldn’t be granting releases.  

24 minutes ago, Casey said:

This might be an unpopular opinion, but if someone is unhappy and wants to leave - let them. It might set a precedent, yeah. But this is the same thing we blast WWE for.

1 minute ago, madl said:

Khan supposedly told the locker room after the Matthews stuff became public that AEW wouldn’t be granting releases.  

I mean the precedent for this is Eric doing it in WCW before he got fired and only 1 or 2 people left. And I imagine that's what would happen. Instead of the Mariel boatlift of pro wrestling, we would probably end with 2-3 people leaving and the rest chickening out due to potential backlash.

I wonder where Dustin's head is at these days between Cody leaving and all the chaos backstage. As an older guy who worked for WCW during nearly all its worst eras plus Vince at his looniest I could see him being somewhere between "oh god not this again" and "ehh I've seen worse". 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Belgian_Waffle said:

I wonder where Dustin's head is at these days between Cody leaving and all the chaos backstage. As an older guy who worked for WCW during nearly all its worst eras plus Vince at his looniest I could see him being somewhere between "oh god not this again" and "ehh I've seen worse". 

Seems more realistic from someone like say Sting versus Dustin who has firsthand experience on creating the lunacy and chaos.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Belgian_Waffle said:

I am safely guessing closing to the latter.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, HumanChessgame said:

It's high time TK bribes some twitter admin to lock most of the roster out of their accounts until they learn to not act like teenagers on social media.

We're going to get someone doing their version of "Sunny Days" and that's going to be the end of that.

Tonight's Dynamite show

Setup/Capacity  3,494
Tickets Distributed 3,010

Next week's Dynamite  in Canada, Toronto, ON at the Coca-Cola Coliseum

Setup/Capacity 6,815
Tickets Distributed 6,802

Some of the suites are also opened up for ticket sales, so the number will be higher than the setup number. 

I'm not doing this every time, so Full Gear next then the Seattle show attendance in Jan. Those and next week's Dynamite are the notable crowds past 6000 tickets sold.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

It's high time TK bribes some twitter admin to lock most of the roster out of their accounts until they learn to not act like teenagers on social media.

It’s murky waters for wrestlers, since you don’t see any other entertainers (for the most part) with in-character accounts. It’s worse for wrestlers since their Twitter profiles serves as their character’s account, and the IRL person behind the character. But I’m of the opinion that a job shouldn’t control your social media account no matter what. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Casey said:

It’s murky waters for wrestlers, since you don’t see any other entertainers (for the most part) with in-character accounts. It’s worse for wrestlers since their Twitter profiles serves as their character’s account, and the IRL person behind the character. But I’m of the opinion that a job shouldn’t control your social media account no matter what. 

That's always going to be murky waters, but the point here is basically the first law of thermodynamics. If wrestlers (or anyone really) want to vent, it's going to happen from some space. Either they will do it under their stage name/real name or it's going to be on some burner account so they can have anonymity. You can only censor so much.

3 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Come on, there’s no way anyone else in going to win as long as TK owns the company. Who else is even a realistic possibility? Not Hunter. Does Gedo still book NJPW? Carlos? 

i don’t see how, given Dave’s subscriber base, they don’t sweep the most of the positive awards for the foreseeable future. 

Really not Hunter? Maybe I’m crazy but at this stage he’d get my vote. AEW ticket sales are way down while WWE’s are up, their ratings are up, as well as overall interest and trust with the fans again. It seems like by most metrics their booking is beating AEW’s. You can say a lot of that interest is just from Vince leaving but I think that would have fizzled out real quick is the creative wasn’t consistently solid. Sami Zayn and the bloodline is the most entertaining act in wrestling week to week for me and sure, that’s mostly on Sami being amazing, but ultimately the booker is the one giving them the time. Hunter has done a great job rehabilitating a lot of their talents.

Edited by A.M.B.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, A.M.B. said:

Really not Hunter? Maybe I’m crazy but at this stage he’d get my vote. AEW ticket sales are way down while WWE’s are up, their ratings are up, as well as overall interest and trust with the fans again. It seems like by most metrics their booking is beating AEW’s. You can say a lot of that interest is just from Vince leaving but I think that would have fizzled out real quick is the creative wasn’t consistently solid. Sami Zayn and the bloodline is the most entertaining act in wrestling week to week for me and sure, that’s mostly on Sami being amazing, but ultimately the booker is the one giving them the time. Hunter has done a great job rehabilitating a lot of their talents.

FYj81SUVQAAKp_L?format=jpg&name=small

I was thinking last night Triple H should be Booker of the Year and Promoter of the Year for those reasons and in such a short space of time. Meanwhile this is AEW's worst year for booking/ticket sales.

Edited by The Natural

1 hour ago, A.M.B. said:

I’m not saying who is or is not deserving. That’s almost irrelevant.
I’m asking how will Dave’s subscribers vote. 

• Like 1

Wrestling is meant to be "Soap Opera for Men" but could you imagine the cast of Days of our Lives or Neighbors bitching each other out on Twitter as constantly as these chucklefucks?

Should be a new rule: Nobody under 28 years old can wrestle. Nobody over 28 years old can wrestle until they've cleared DPPs "This guy is not a dickhead" live in life course.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, L_W_P said:

Wrestling is meant to be "Soap Opera for Men" but could you imagine the cast of Days of our Lives or Neighbors bitching each other out on Twitter as constantly as these chucklefucks?

Should be a new rule: Nobody under 28 years old can wrestle. Nobody over 28 years old can wrestle until they've cleared DPPs "This guy is not a dickhead" live in life course.

Why is Jason Donovan subtweeting Kylie Minogue like that? Guy Pearce works stiff?

• Haha 2