DVDVR Message Board

AEW - OCTOBER 2022

The Natural

4 hours ago, (BP) said:

We should start an AEW business thread so we can see how quickly it gets rolled back into here because it’s just more complaints about creative. 

There's already a Navel Gazing thread, go talk business there

EDIT: Something funky happened with Natural's posts last page, totally different tweets on them now

EDIT II: And now they're back to normal. That was odd. Like the Acclaimed stuff was showing up in the Andrade stuff. Maybe it's my computer.

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

There's already a Navel Gazing thread, go talk business there

EDIT: Something funky happened with Natural's posts last page, totally different tweets on them now

EDIT II: And now they're back to normal. That was odd. Like the Acclaimed stuff was showing up in the Andrade stuff. Maybe it's my computer.

Sometimes that happens, bud. A tweet changes. Not just your PC.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Belgian_Waffle said:

I hope the Sammy tweets are a shoot because as a work it's almost more embarrassing. Put over one more time that a bunch of your guys are unhappy, dysfunctional, fighting backstage and looking for work elsewhere.

This.

• Thanks 1

Sammy should be licking the Young Bucks' boots every day that he has a job and national TV exposure in AEW. Good wrestler, but he's not all that different from plenty of others out there and he can't talk without saying some Russo-esque shit on TV. One of the four pillars he is not.

• Like 7

As much as I abhor

4 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Sammy should be licking the Young Bucks' boots every day that he has a job and national TV exposure in AEW. Good wrestler, but he's not all that different from plenty of others out there and he can't talk without saying some Russo-esque shit on TV. One of the four pillars he is not.

Absolutely.  I think I wrote it a week or so ago, but every time I see Sammy, he proves that his hire was less about talent and more about him being available at a time when a lot of guys were locked down.  He's not that good, does a lot of dumb, dangerous shit in-ring, and is immature enough to be a real liability.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I said it in the general thread and probably should have said it in here instead. But guys, once again, this Sammy kid may be a problem.

5 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

oh Sammy

Perfect timing.

So Sammy's pissed off Eddie Kingston, Andrade and those horrible rape comments about Sasha Banks. Slapable Sammy was lucky Khan didn't can him for that.

Sammy's 'jobber' tweet was believed to be a shot at Shawn Spears, who tweet-deleted something implying he was on the way out of AEW. 

Seems a weird shot to take, always got the impression Spears was well liked among his peers.

Reminder: he did not protect Ruby Soho

He should have been APA'd for that one frankly, gwan Andrade is what I say.

Edited by SprintingFromAmerica
  • Like 3

I think we (myself included) can get heavy into a recency bias. There was a time when Sammy really did look like a future "pillar" of the company. I'd say early in his TNT title run, he was really hitting on all cylinders. In fact, I'd say he sort of forced TK into getting behind him. The problem is, he hasn't really shown that since then. Part of it is that he's been exposed on the mic. Like Craig H said, he's too reliant on "shocking" the audience.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

oh Sammy

What started this Twitter battle?

To each their own, I’m of the opinion that Sammy Guevara is an incredibly talented heat machine. Ha, I don’t know enough about Andrade’s situation to be so sure, but my limited knowledge of the situation makes it difficult not to enjoy this public call out. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

What started this Twitter battle?

To each their own, I’m of the opinion that Sammy Guevara is an incredibly talented heat machine. Ha, I don’t know enough about Andrade’s situation to be so sure, but my limited knowledge of the situation makes it difficult not to enjoy this public call out. 

Andrade said something about Sammy crying to him backstage that he hit too hard - and it went from there 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ban everyone from social media for a month. Sucks when a few bad apples ruin it for everyone. If this is in any way a work, they can’t run me off faster with all this stupid shooty shit. If it’s real then it’s yet another embarrassment for the company. Don’t give people live mics and social media accounts, because some clearly can’t handle it. 

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Log said:

I think we (myself included) can get heavy into a recency bias. There was a time when Sammy really did look like a future "pillar" of the company. I'd say early in his TNT title run, he was really hitting on all cylinders. In fact, I'd say he sort of forced TK into getting behind him. The problem is, he hasn't really shown that since then. Part of it is that he's been exposed on the mic. Like Craig H said, he's too reliant on "shocking" the audience.

Does the recency bias include that (seemingly underrated) Kingston bout from Grand slam? I agree his mic work needs improvement (like a lot of the young roster). The Sammy hate seems to stem less from his ability and more from his partnering with Tay (boofuckinghoo) and the truly poor booking of the Scorpio feud. I blame him for neither. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1