DVDVR Message Board

AEW - OCTOBER 2022

The Natural

September 2022 was one of the most eventful in AEW's short history, I'd say second only to its formation in January 2019. Third would be Cody Rhodes leaving in February of this year. AEW will be hoping for a quieter time of it in October.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Programming note:

Hopefully the extra time will be better used (then again AEW still has issues with timings). Still remember Joe/Suzuki getting a minute on the overrun with the rest having Jay Lethal/Sonjay Dutt/Satnam Singh attacking Joe. That was so shit.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Shartnado said:

I have a few hours long train ride coming up in two hours. Should I just watch a couple of random Dynamites or should I treat myself with something like Double or Nothing 2020?

Double or Nothing 2020. Jon Moxley vs. Mr. Brodie Lee needs talking up more. Stadium Stampede divides opinion.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Double or Nothing 2020. Jon Moxley vs. Mr. Brodie Lee needs talking up more. Stadium Stampede divides opinion.

Just bought it! I'll wait until my ticket is checked before I'll begin watching it, though. I'll consider this a birthday present.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Andrade posted this to instagram;

https://www.instagram.com/p/CjISaszuz_d/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Not sure if the link will work here or not but essentially he's doing the crotch chop, mentions a "great conversation" he just had on an "amazing day", gives out some of his contact info and then hashtags "freelidolo". 

One of the (several) reasons I think Tony should scrub his product of all WWE references (all the JAS stuff, Saraya referring to the "revolution", MJF talking about them explicitly to get heat, etc) is that he already has unhappy guys on the roster who are going to publicly do dumb stuff like this anyway. 

Edited by Belgian_Waffle
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Enjoy!

The opening ladder match was greatly improved by Brian Cage's debut! OJ's antics were good as well.

Jungle Boy vs MJF was one of the reasons I wanted to see this show in the first place. The match was spectacular! I wonder what they would come up with if they met again these days?

Unfortunately, even in the promised land of 5G internet, the connection on trains is still a bit wonky, so I'll continue this later on.

• Like 3

Everyone expects 10 to lose the match and the mask, turn heel and lead to the dissolution of The Dark Order. But what if Andrade loses and leaves AEW forever?

Spoiler

Then returns under a mask a few weeks later?

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Shartnado said:

The opening ladder match was greatly improved by Brian Cage's debut! OJ's antics were good as well.

Jungle Boy vs MJF was one of the reasons I wanted to see this show in the first place. The match was spectacular! I wonder what they would come up with if they met again these days?

Unfortunately, even in the promised land of 5G internet, the connection on trains is still a bit wonky, so I'll continue this later on.

Glad you're enjoying it. You're racking up the PPVs now.

2 hours ago, Shartnado said:

The opening ladder match was greatly improved by Brian Cage's debut!

I remember a not-so-incredible show of strength - tearing apart a silly gimmicked ladder. The beginning of challenging run for the 'Path of Cage'. 

56 minutes ago, Blue Dragon said:

Create interim Riho. A fake Riho to appear on tv while we wait for real Riho.

If we can't have Riho, we could possibly have Rhio:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, AxB said:

Everyone expects 10 to lose the match and the mask, turn heel and lead to the dissolution of The Dark Order. But what if Andrade loses and leaves AEW forever?

Hide contents

Then returns under a mask a few weeks later?

I'd kind of love this as a story. Play with rumors and expectations like what happened with Juice supposedly leaving NJPW and wrestling in general.

• Like 1

I do think they’re getting ready for some sort of angle with the guys who were rumored to be contacted by wwe. FTR cut a promo after their njpw match the other night and reminded TK that they still work for him. “Book us, brother.” They aren’t wrong, but it’s too similar to the Buddy/Malakai post match promos.

It was also interesting to me that in SRS’ latest backstage agent report for Rampage, he said that backstage talent meetings have become a regular thing, and that that’s a welcome change for most of the talent he talks to. An official also reported privately that morale is way up since All Out & the subsequent events. SRS said the official used the term “addition by subtraction,” but wouldn’t elaborate as to who’s absence was improving morale. If I had to guess, I would put forward that sometimes with warring egos it’s best to remove all parties from the equation. The last few shows have felt tighter without so much Elite stuff. I personally believe that the brand has outgrown the niche performers that came together to start it. My personal feelings for their work aside, the lack of YBs and Omega leaves more time for acts like Ricky Starks & the Acclaimed to get over. Now if we could just get Andrade & Miro on tv more…

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, AxB said:

Omega was gone for almost a year and was only back for like 3 weeks.

So that should narrow it down some. Although, Omega did allegedly rub some people the wrong way with what he said at that first backstage meeting. And before you say “well, that’s just rumors,” the info SRS and Meltz had on that meeting was so accurate that it was a question about that made Chris Jericho say “we gotta quit leaking shit” during his segment of the “gripebomb” press scrum. I know I wouldn’t want to be sitting there while an EVP is addressing the roster by saying “I wouldn’t have hired 80% of you.” It’s not hard for me to believe that Kenneth isn’t exactly the prom king…

Edited by just drew