DVDVR Message Board

October 2022 Wrestling Pics and GIFs

16 hours ago, odessasteps said:

And what if you separate Chris from Tammy, on and off screen, after the mid 90s? Does he flourish without her or flounder? 

I really don't know. On the one hand, she may have helped him "get to the dance" since she was the more apparently bankable star. On the other, maybe they weren't great for each other? To me, he's just one of those guys that I'd love to have on my roster. A guy you can really plug in anywhere and he'll make it work.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2022 at 10:17 AM, Wee Bey said:

I've hyped this one before, but there's a squash match on WWF Superstars in 1993, with 1-2-3 Kid and Pat Tanaka that features a sunsetflip powerbomb from the ring to the floor, where the back of Tanaka's head crashes into the railing. That was literally insane, especially for 1993 WWF.

3 hours ago, Log said:

On the other, maybe they weren't great for each other?

Wait,  is this a question? Dating Sunny is kind of like having Peyton Manning in his last year on the Broncos... yeah you won the Super Bowl,  but I'm pretty sure you would have been better off with literally anybody else. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Wait,  is this a question? Dating Sunny is kind of like having Peyton Manning in his last year on the Broncos... yeah you won the Super Bowl,  but I'm pretty sure you would have been better off with literally anybody else. 

I'm personally not clear on when her issues started, that's why I went vague on that point.

13 minutes ago, Log said:

I'm personally not clear on when her issues started, that's why I went vague on that point.

I don't know when her drug and alcohol issues started either,  but I feel like those are the rims and the spoiler on a car with a fucked up transmission.  Even if she was 100% sober at the time,  the stories about her infidelity are what I was referencing. If your girlfriend cheats on you with a stranger it fucking sucks,  but if she starts sleeping with your coworkers, that makes it exponentially worse. That shit was all bad even if she was sober,  and I can't even imagine what he had to be going through on a day to day,  because from everything I've ever read he was madly in love with her. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, supremebve said:

I don't know when her drug and alcohol issues started either,  but I feel like those are the rims and the spoiler on a car with a fucked up transmission.  Even if she was 100% sober at the time,  the stories about her infidelity are what I was referencing. If your girlfriend cheats on you with a stranger it fucking sucks,  but if she starts sleeping with your coworkers, that makes it exponentially worse. That shit was all bad even if she was sober,  and I can't even imagine what he had to be going through on a day to day,  because from everything I've ever read he was madly in love with her. 

If you go too far down that rabbit hole, you're going to bring Coach Tony K out of lurker mode.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

QwGN1Tc.png

For some reason, "Big Daddy Murdock" didn't stick as a name for Dick Murdoch.

And this would be babyface Ernie Ladd in Kansas City fresh off 2 seasons playing for the Kansas City Chiefs. Ladd announced he was sitting out the 1969 season to "allow recovery of his knee" about 2 weeks before taking wrestling bookings in KC. He didn't play in the NFL after 1968 because he was probably making more money wrestling back then.

• Like 2