DVDVR Message Board

October 2022 Wrestling Pics and GIFs

9 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

Whatever happened to Hulk Hogen

I'm wondering if the Street Man was Stevie. And also, Jerry Brown just makes me think of this 

EDIT: (Ahem... Abe Simpson speaking.) I remember the exact day I first heard that record. It was probably the fourth punk rock record I ever heard (the first three were Black Flag's First Four Years, Misfits - Collection 1, and the Minor Threat comp). It was a gorgeous summer day I was spending with my dad and we went out to eat for sandwiches at some restaurant in Carbondale, IL where SIU is. In retrospect it felt like Descendents should have been the soundtrack but it was DKs. At the time I wondered "is there any other music like this" but it took me a little while until I finally discovered its offspring and peers, being so ensconced in metal. When I think back, it's one of the best days of my life. 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 6

11 hours ago, Wee Bey said:

It's easy to forget that the Nastys were very fun bumpers before they broke down.

They were washed as bumpers by like 1992. To be fair, there's a short shelf-life on their style when it comes to that.

• Like 4

I guess spending a few years in a WWF ring didn’t help the Nastys much.

Also from watching a November 91 MSG, you had Vince unsure of which Nasty was which, despite them being in the company for a year and Vince running the company. Same sort of thing happened with Monsoon at Rumble 91 but at least they were new back then and only one of them was in the Rumble.

from the pages of The Wrestler (June 1993 issue):

F06hLhK.png

Huddy is in the same county as Pikeville, where the Undertaker/Tracy Smothers vs the Gangstas match drew 2000 in April 1995.  So Cornette's main success in 1995 probably involved (accidentally?) tapping into the Undertaker fanbase in Eastern Kentucky

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3