DVDVR Message Board

October 2022 Wrestling Discussion

Sammy is taking the Raylan Givens axiom of "you meet an asshole in the morning, you met an asshole. You meet assholes all day, YOU'RE the asshole" to new heights.

Ricky Starks FTW though by asking if all of his co-workers could just shut the fuck up. He shouldn't have deleted that tweet.

Fuck it. Fire Sammy and just let Andrade go while you're at it. But before Sammy goes, he needs to get a proper beating from Eddie one more time.

• Like 8

Just now, Dog said:

Not to sound like that crazy guy, but ... I think some people here are getting worked. 

I think when this looked like it was between Sammy and Garcia it was a work. My thought is that Andrade though Sammy's comment was about him, said what happened, and then Sammy got shook and decided to talk shit about Andrade.

The other reason I think this stuff between Sammy and Andrade isn't a work is because they're not working each other, they don't have a program together, and you have Ricky Starks out there asking if his co-workers could shut the fuck up.

• Like 1

Work or not, Sammy Guevara absolutely sucks and has negative charisma. Find some other dude to do flippies and take stupid bumps. AEW won't lose anything. 

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, SirSmellingtonofCascadia said:

Work or not, Sammy Guevara absolutely sucks and has negative charisma. Find some other dude to do flippies and take stupid bumps. AEW won't lose anything. 

His name is Kip Sabian and he's been there since the beginning. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

You have Sabian, Pac, Penta, Fenix, hell I can go on for days I'm sure. Sammy is a locker room cancer. Dropping f bombs on twitter like it's cool coupled with the go away heat, yeah send him to AAA for awhile and see if he grows up. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, supremebve said:

When AEW comes to an end,  hopefully decades from now,  we're going to get a documentary that points out that you can't run a wrestling company when 78% of the locker room is a gaping asshole. 

Thanks for the reminder that the new Vice wrestling show starts tonight!  ?

Just now, Technico Support said:

I'd like to thank me for reminding you so you can inform me of the new Vice wrestling show, because I didn't even know it existed. Is it another Dark Side season, or something completely new? 

26 minutes ago, Pedro said:

You have Sabian, Pac, Penta, Fenix, hell I can go on for days I'm sure. Sammy is a locker room cancer. Dropping f bombs on twitter like it's cool coupled with the go away heat, yeah send him to AAA for awhile and see if he grows up. 

He came from AAA.  And AAA isn't the place to get anyone to grow up.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Raziel said:

He came from AAA.  And AAA isn't the place to get anyone to grow up.

I know , he is friends with Joquim Wilde. He brought Sammy to our local indy a few times and Sammy was a dick even then and this was over 10 yrs ago.   I just want him as far from AEW and US TV as possible. 

17 minutes ago, supremebve said:

I'd like to thank me for reminding you so you can inform me of the new Vice wrestling show, because I didn't even know it existed. Is it another Dark Side season, or something completely new? 

No problem!  It's called Tales from the Territories.  It's from the same production team as Dark Side but is more about multi-wrestler discussions of various territories (one per episode) and less about awful stuff.

• Like 2

Speaking of Dutch I watched the Mantell/Lawler barbed wire match, and while I don't have anything new or novel to say about the match itself (it's very good, duh) Mantell using Luckenbach, Texas as his entrance music was cool as hell

• Like 1

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

The Memphis episode has a round table with ‘lawler, the Jarrett’s, Dutch and Jimmy hart.

Any excuse to hear from National Treasure Jimmy Hart is a good one for me. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Craig H said:

His name is Kip Sabian and he's been there since the beginning. 

Before I got more familar with AEW, I had big trouble distinguishing Sammy Guevara, Kip Sabian and Flip Gordon. I also got confused which was Daniel Garcia and which one was the Not Darius of Top Flight (fuck, I'm totally blanking out on his name NOW)! I mean Dante Martin, dammit!

Edited by Shartnado
Remembered the name...
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Shartnado said:

Before I got more familar with AEW, I had big trouble distinguishing Sammy Guevara, Kip Sabian and Flip Gordon. I also got confused which was Daniel Garcia and which one was the Not Darius of Top Flight (fuck, I'm totally blanking out on his name NOW)! I mean Dante Martin, dammit!

The former, I totally understand.  The latter, not so much!

Me, I always mix up Anthony Henry and Kevin Blackwood.

AEW needs to get rid of the troublemakers who are bringing all that negativity and concerntrate on pushing some of the originals.

Darby Allin Vs Bryan Danielson

Jon Moxley Vs Orange Cassidy

Rey Fenix Vs Chris Jericho

Jungle Boy Vs Wardlow 

These are examples of fueds they could build up and utiltize their best wrestlers

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Log said:

Watching Dynamite recently, and I had the thought of how weird it is that Taz is this happy-go-lucky commentator when his wrestling character was the most miserable, dour, no-nonsense guy.

On the Forever Hardcore doc they talk a little about it. Raven said he loved to tell horrible jokes to make Taz laugh because he hated to laugh and apparently loved being miserable. Jerry Lynn said, and I quote: "...and after he got married, he mellowed out a bit. *laughs*"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Technico Support said:

I've been boycotting anything Vice related for a long time, but this might finally break me.

• Like 1