DVDVR Message Board

October 2022 Wrestling Discussion

2 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Really good.

Better, absolutely, but I still think massively overrated so far because it was in such a trench of terribleness under Vince for so long. Raw is still an impossible chore most of the time, and I fundamentally don't think either show works as long as you have a limited schedule Champion hogging both belts for years. They need to get at least one of them off Roman, preferably both. He plays the role to a T, but the role is pure poison to a very lengthy TV show that is meant to be about the fight to be the champion, where becoming champion is an insurmountable task to every male roster member.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Gordlow said:

9gapldV.jpg

This will be a huge moment for Brock Anderson. Not going to call it a "sink or swim" as it's too early in his career but he is going to have a ton of eyes on him and I hope he delivers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

This will be a huge moment for Brock Anderson. Not going to call it a "sink or swim" as it's too early in his career but he is going to have a ton of eyes on him and I hope he delivers. 

As long as the mystery partner isn't Pillman Jr (which I doubt as it's a mystery), it can only elevate Brock.

2 hours ago, SturmCRF said:

I fundamentally don't think either show works as long as you have a limited schedule Champion hogging both belts for years. They need to get at least one of them off Roman, preferably both. He plays the role to a T, but the role is pure poison to a very lengthy TV show that is meant to be about the fight to be the champion, where becoming champion is an insurmountable task to every male roster member.

Roman has been on TV most weeks and works a few house shows. He's been more active than most people that have been on a part time schedule.  I don't think he's been off TV more than a couple of weeks at a time. My complaint is him having both the Universal and WWE title. If you're going to have 2 top male titles, it ridiculous to have someone that's not full time hold both especially if you plan on him not dropping it for a long time. The long term booking of Roman's current Title run will probably be the last carry over of Vince's booking plans otherwise I believe Drew would've left Cardiff with atleast one of the titles last month.

Roman has been still holding up very well on the mic and talking segments, alot of that is the Bloodline angle. He kills it in the ring almost every time he's out, even on TV.

We'll probably see him a little less once he does drop the title.

Edited by Ziggy
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, porksweats said:

As long as the mystery partner isn't Pillman Jr (which I doubt as it's a mystery), it can only elevate Brock.

the match was initially Lethal, Brock, and Pillman, so i have to assume Pillman pulled out/got pulled for some reason.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, (BP) said:

The mystery partner thing is to string along Dragon for a while longer before he finds out that waiting until Flair retired again before coming back didn’t work and Naitch is the third man.

they could keep the mystery man under a mask going into the match just to delay the reveal

12-flair.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, porksweats said:

ironically, I was with Pillman Jr last night. He is definitely not going to be the mystery partner. 

24 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

Are her and Keith Lee still together? AEW can still use more name value in the women's division.

They’re married, but I’m good with bandido being the final addition for a good 5 months or so (assuming he even signs). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, matt925 said:

They’re married, but I’m good with bandido being the final addition for a good 5 months or so (assuming he even signs). 

For the men? Absolutely.

But I think 1-2 more 'names' in the women's division would help out for sure.

With Britt & Jade being their own little universes, Storm (and Rosa) need more than Deeb, Hayter & Nightingale to defend against.

Unless they are gonna elevate Ford/Bunny/Conti/Anna JAS?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, L_W_P said:

For the men? Absolutely.

But I think 1-2 more 'names' in the women's division would help out for sure.

With Britt & Jade being their own little universes, Storm (and Rosa) need more than Deeb, Hayter & Nightingale to defend against.

Unless they are gonna elevate Ford/Bunny/Conti/Anna JAS?

I think Ford is ready.

• Like 3

I was interested to see a match with Britt and Hayter. See who carries who in the match. Ford is definitely ready, Never been a fan of Bunny's work but she's a super cool girl outside of wrestling. Conti and Sammy are going to have go away heat regardless of what they do in AEW.   So yeah, bringing in another female isn't a bad idea. 

I'm cracking up at this because, iirc, nobody enjoyed them in AEW. They didn't really have any must see matches that I can remember, and when they were gone the Elites matches seemingly improved vs any matches and stories involving the Good Brothers 

At least from my perspective I should say

Edited by Hayabusa
  • Like 1