DVDVR Message Board

October 2022 Wrestling Discussion

7 hours ago, SirSmellingtonofCascadia said:

Work or not, Sammy Guevara absolutely sucks and has negative charisma. Find some other dude to do flippies and take stupid bumps. AEW won't lose anything. 

I recently seen a clip on Twitter from an WWE try out camp with Lacey Evans calling him out on his terrible forward rolls.

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

I recently seen a clip on Twitter from an WWE try out camp with Lacey Evans calling him out on his terrible forward rolls.

I don’t think Lacy Evans needs to be calling anyone out for anything. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Technico Support said:

The former, I totally understand.  The latter, not so much!

Me, I always mix up Anthony Henry and Kevin Blackwood.

Yeah, this only for a week or two, but that was still a bunch of generic names to familiarize in a short while with no emotional attachment to basically any of them at the time.

Today being the 25th anniversary of Kane debuting (which also makes it the 25th anniversary of the announcement of Brian Pillman's death) means that tomorrow is the 25th anniversary of the Melanie Pillman interview and the 25th anniversary of the first week of wrestling I started watching regularly. The RAW that week took place in my area (Kemper Arena).

So while i'm not as old as a bunch of you, that's still a lot of time.

(I originally posted this in the wrong thread)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cobra Commander said:

Today being the 25th anniversary of Kane debuting (which also makes it the 25th anniversary of the announcement of Brian Pillman's death) means that tomorrow is the 25th anniversary of the Melanie Pillman interview and the 25th anniversary of the first week of wrestling I started watching regularly. The RAW that week took place in my area (Kemper Arena).

So while i'm not as old as a bunch of you, that's still a lot of time.

(I originally posted this in the wrong thread)

Man, I just watched that episode of Raw a few weeks back.

What in the entire fuck...

• Like 3

Among the people living close to me who had any insights about wrestling back then, DDP was a very popular guy. The idea of a tatted up redneck looking guy  (even if DDP is from Jersey) being the hero around there wasn't unrealistic.

But yeah, people I knew got to attend such events as the Raw with the Melanie Pillman interview, or Owen Hart dying on PPV (I wasn't at either thankfully)

7 minutes ago, Execproducer said:

Rednecks aren't confined to one region.

yeah, just my impression that the Jersey Shore isn't quite as rednecky as some parts of the north (Pennsyltucky, etc). 97/98 DDP was a lot more relatable looking to fans from certain areas than 1995 DDP and 97/98 DDP had some fans who favored dudes that reminded them of someone they knew

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Infinit said:

Tonight us the 25th Anniversary of the death of Brian Pillman ?

Shit! That makes the end of this month the 25th Anniversary of my mother passing as well. Quarter of a F'n century ago. That's just, I don't even know what To call it, exactly. Long time ago and still just yesterday! Man! Just wow.

• Sad 7

Octopus derping and trying his best making a fifteenth not in order favorite match derp rapidly while drinking before watch Sister Act with his wife and brother l. 

Low Ki vs Kenta - RoH 2005?

Akira Hokuto vs Shinobu Kandori - AJW 93ish Dear lord

Holy Demon Army vs Mitsuharu Misawa & Kenta Kobashi - AJPW that good one

Kenny Omega & Hangman Matt D’s favorite wrestler jk love you buddy Adam Page vs Young Bucks - AEW that one time that happened. 

Kenta KoChoppy vs Kensuke SaChoppy - NOAH choptown

Bryan Danielson vs Nigel McGuiness - RoH Unified concussion madness!

Terry Funk vs Atsushi Onita - FMW greatness personified

William Regal vs Antonio Inoki - WCW 95

MS1  vs Sangre Chicana - mom smoking in front row

Andre the Giant vs Stan Hansen - irresistible force vs immovable giant

Bryan Danielson vs Takeshi Morishima- pirate making affair 

Me as Dave the Rave on a trampoline kicking the shit out of my neighbors - mid 2000’s?

Necro Butcher vs Samoa Joe POWERSLAAAAAAM

The Undertaker vs Mankind - Heck in a Sec

Mitsuharu Misawa vs Toshiaki Kawada - the one that makes me look good for profiling reasons . We also play the Petshop Boys and Seal.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Gorman said:

Okay, belt experts - 

Can anyone tell me what belt Onion is carrying in this photo?

Mustard and Onion remind me way too much of Sammy and Tay.

I now expect Ketchup and Mustard to call each other out online before resorting to fisticuffs backstage before the 2023 Hotdog derby!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, Octopus said:

Akira Hokuto vs Shinobu Kandori - AJW 93ish Dear lord.

It seems like everyone rates the one where Hokuto wins, but I've always preferred the one where Kandori wins. Great finish, after all the bombs thrown Kandori just wallops DQ with an uppercut to put her away, all while LCO and Kong in hysterics at ringside really sells the moment...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1