DVDVR Message Board

Antonio Inoki (1943 - 2022)

Zimbra

2 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

You goobers, I posted Burr and Great Antonio a page back ?

In this thread? I just looked through pages 1+2 and... nope? Unless this board is being extra fucky which is absolutely possible. That or I'm losing it. 50/50 ?

3 hours ago, John E. Dynamite said:

"Why are you clapping? He made me fight Cro Cop and Fedor! I just thought it was cool that he died before I did!"

He's recreating the moment Tanahashi removed the Inoki portrait from the New Japan dojo.

10 hours ago, The Natural said:

Hey, a tiny image of myself made it onto TV Asahi news! Thank God for HD. A fitting amount of splicing needed to get a Western fan of modern day New Japan to appear to say good things about Inoki on the end.

On 10/1/2022 at 5:33 AM, The Natural said:

I want to believe the Amazon story but I was reminded today that Inoki lived in Brazil for three years before he started wrestling. Portuguese is a painful language to learn but I think that's a stretch.

• Like 3

NJPW's website today:

New Japan Pro-Wrestling wishes once again to express profound grief at the passing of founder Antonio Inoki, and our deepest sympathies to fans, family and friends. 

As part of our 50th Anniversary celebrations, and to celebrate Antonio Inoki’s role as a founder, wrestler and beyond, NJPW had planned to name Mr. Inoki the Honorary Lifetime Chairman of New Japan Pro-Wrestling. After Antonio Inoki graciously accepted the invitation, he was officially named Honorary Lifetime Chairman on September 1 2022. 

This information was due to be made public on October 10 at Declaration of Power in Ryogoku Sumo Hall. It is to our deep sadness that this announcement cannot take place as previously planned. However, in accordance with Mr. Inoki’s wishes, all of us at New Japan Pro-Wrestling will continue to move forward and lead the professional wrestling world to the utmost of our abilities.  

Nice touch that.

• Like 5

The original Bill Burr / Great Antonio video is currently unscathed for now on dailymotion if people having trouble finding unedited versions.

Inoki did an interview on the 22nd of September, now subtitled in English. Not an easy watch.

• Thanks 1