DVDVR Message Board

Antonio Inoki (1943 - 2022)

Zimbra

20 hours ago, The Natural said:

I'm honestly impressed at how they put that together on the fly with zero notice. Speaks volumes for their professionalism as well as their writers.

They've always had a weird relationship with the Inoki title win... its legitimacy basically depending on Vince's mood at the time. I assume it's back on for good now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Do you think they have obit videos in the can, like newspapers, for people like Inoki, Graham, and the like? 

I was about to post the same thing, I’ll bet they have at least a framework and a highlights package ready.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Do you think they have obit videos in the can, like newspapers, for people like Inoki, Graham, and the like? 

You would assume so. I think even Meltzer has mentioned in the past of doing rough drafts of obituaries of the biggest names while those people are still alive.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Robert s said:

You would assume so. I think even Meltzer has mentioned in the past of doing rough drafts of obituaries of the biggest names while those people are still alive.

SOP with print media. If someone is clearly in the homestretch they typically have stories ready so all they need to do is plug in the circumstances of the subject's passing (date, place, cause etc).

• Like 4

I'd think that the WWE Hall of Fame induction videos are a pretty good framework for their obituary videos.

Meanwhile, gotta thank the people who decided to use numbers for dates so that I can figure out which free NJPWworld matches are which without knowing any Japanese. https://front.njpwworld.com/search/tag/man_1_en

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Pete said:

SOP with print media. If someone is clearly in the homestretch they typically have stories ready so all they need to do is plug in the circumstances of the subject's passing (date, place, cause etc).

Unless you're Tom Brokaw and you're headed to Barbados for three months.

• Haha 2

The Great Antonio being in Croatia during World War 2 makes me think a certain amount of the eccentric stories about him might be sorta connected to the mental impact of being in one of the war crime-iest parts of the world as a teen (not to diminish any non-Ustase areas during WW2). Yeah I know not everybody who was around that ended up thinking that fucking around with Antonio Inoki was a good idea but.