DVDVR Message Board

MMA Live Event Discussion Thread, Fall-Winter 2022-2023

Elsalvajeloco

BTW going forward I will try to limit new threads for the big PPVs/shows only whether it be boxing or MMA/kickboxing/bareknuckle. Everything else live event oriented will go into the boxing thread or the live event discussion thread respectively. Also, and this goes for me as well, please try to limit the number of images/GIFs/embedded anything. Thanks.

• Like 1

Burns/Magny might be really really good tonight.

I don't know what to think about Johnny Walker/Paul Craig. Like, in my head I see something really ridiculous happening. Almost comically. Like they both knock each other out. It just sounds like a mess.

I think Moreno takes the feud tonight. We'll see. I think getting to switch it up and getting Kai Kara France in was good for him. Figueiredo looked shredded like never before, and it honestly made me a little concerned. I think Moreno gets the finish.

I imagine Hill stuns Glover, who then grapples him to the ground for the night.

Can Jessica Andrade finish Lauren Murphy? I'm assuming this goes 15.

Should be a fun show.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Not sure how well sticking your chin straight up in the air and swinging with reckless abandon is going work against better fighters, but sometimes a win is a win.

You'd think a guy named Sniper would have taken advantage of that.

I wish I was wrong about Andrade/Murphy going 15. Someone should've stepped in for Lauren. Love her to death but when your corner is saying "Make it a wrestling match," and you can't get a take down while your face is getting rearranged - let's call it a fucking night

On 1/21/2023 at 3:37 AM, The Natural said:

Let's go Old Man Glover. Most looking forward to Alcantara vs. Moreno IV the most.

Old Man Glover by submission in two. Moreno by decision. Pumped for Alcantara/Moreno with the quality of the trilogy going into the fourth fight.

It wasn't close and it was going to get worse even if the doctor let it go on.

As expected Figuieredo can't do this weight cut anymore.

He's big for Flyweight but iis Daveison small for bantam? So many exciting matchups for him up there tho. Who wouldn't want to see him vs. Yan or Chito Vera

• Like 2