DVDVR Message Board

MMA Live Event Discussion Thread, Fall-Winter 2022-2023

Elsalvajeloco

FhuCRKnWAAId-Xr.jpg?1668664888

UFC Fight Night on ESPN 42: Thompson vs. Holland
December 3, 2022
Orlando, FL (Amway Center)

Stephen Thompson (170) vs. Kevin Holland (170.5) - Thompson, TKO (corner stoppage), R4 (5:00)
Bryan Barberena (170.5) vs. Rafael dos Anjos (170) - Dos Anjos, SUB (rear naked choke), R2 (3:20)
Matheus Nicolau (126) vs. Matt Schnell (126) - Nicolau, KO (punches), R2 (1:44)
Tai Tuivasa (266) vs. Sergei Pavlovich (255) - Pavlovich, KO (punches), R1 (0:54)
Jack Hermansson (186) vs. Roman Dolidze (185.5) - Dolidze, TKO (punches), R2 (4:06)
Eryk Anders (186) vs. Kyle Daukaus (184.5) - Anders, TKO (punches), R2 (2:45)

ESPN / ESPN+ Preliminary Card:
Niko Price (170) vs. Philip Rowe (173.5)* - Rowe, TKO (punches), R3 (3:26)
Angela Hill (115.5) vs. Emily Ducote (115.5) - Hill, DEC (unanimous)
Clay Guida (154.5) vs. Scott Holtzman (155.5) - Guida, DEC (split)
Michael Johnson (156) vs. Marc Diakiese (155.5) - Johnson, DEC (unanimous)
Darren Elkins (145) vs. Jonathan Pearce (146) - Pearce, DEC (unanimous)
Natan Levy (156) vs. Genaro Valdez (156) - Levy, DEC (unanimous)
Marcelo Rojo (145) vs. Francis Marshall (145) - Marshall, KO (punches), R2 (1:14)
Yazmin Jauregui (115.5) vs. Isleta Nunes (114.5) - Jauregui, TKO (punches), R2 (4:06)

*Forfeits 30% of purse for missing weight 

Event Bonuses ($50,000)
Performance of the Night: Roman Dolidze
Performance of the Night: Sergei Pavlovich
Fight of the Night: Stephen Thompson vs. Kevin Holland

Attendance: 17,065
Rating: 1.01 million viewers 

11 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

Might want to put Yazmin Jauregui on your Prospects To Watch list. She throws fucking bricks.

That was dope.

I'm so used to the UFC being a content mill these days and I'm only really watching the cards when I have the time for them vs. when I used to make time for them. So then why is this card so good? There have been double-digit main events less relevant than Tuivasa vs. Pavlovich this year but tonight it's fourth from the top.

1 minute ago, John E. Dynamite said:

That was dope.

I'm so used to the UFC being a content mill these days and I'm only really watching the cards when I have the time for them vs. when I used to make time for them. So then why is this card so good? There have been double-digit main events less relevant than Tuivasa vs. Pavlovich this year but tonight it's fourth from the top.

Linear TV card is the reason why.

Kevin Holland, Tai Tuivasa, Niko Price, Clay Guida, Angela Hill, Elkins, etc etc.... this card is like the UFC version The Expendables, and I mean that with nothing but love.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Dolidze calling out Khamzat is weird to me. I don't know why ranked Middleweights are even mentioning him. Don't get me wrong I want to see the fight, but say Dolidze beats Chimaev. Does beating a guy unranked in the division get him closer to the title. Or would it be better to call out Brunson or Vettori?

ALSO...

Holy shit Sergei Pavlovich. I bet they're going to feed poor Curtis Blaydes to this fucking guy which infuriates me.

13 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

Dolidze calling out Khamzat is weird to me. I don't know why ranked Middleweights are even mentioning him. Don't get me wrong I want to see the fight, but say Dolidze beats Chimaev. Does beating a guy unranked in the division get him closer to the title. Or would it be better to call out Brunson or Vettori?

ALSO...

Holy shit Sergei Pavlovich. I bet they're going to feed poor Curtis Blaydes to this fucking guy which infuriates me.

Pavlovich fighting Overeem when Overeem still had a little left still makes no sense to me.