DVDVR Message Board

Rampage - 9/30/2022

18 hours ago, Gordlow said:

Waitasecond. Did he just say "We are going to show everyone our weiners?" Maybe I misheard. I disagree with Mark Henry. I think we needed a little more talk before the main event (to sort out that "weiner" thing).

Oh man, who is going to be the shrewed sonofabitch who cuts off Mark with the request for a little more talk?

Okay, seems they're ready to accept Jamie Hayter is truly a money player. How long is needed to accept Willow up top there? Fanfuckintastic bout! The Rush-Silver main was equally fantastic. Love the heavy hitters. Roosh is incredbile! The Meatman was great there too. I love the booking of the 'AEW career' v Mask match. Especially love that it's live. I don't however love the booking of the new tag champions being thrown into a difficult 3 way, but the match proved to be fun enough. Acclaimed seem to be getting stronger. Always enjoy seeing Moriarty, but wanted a little more out of this match. Time that is. Odd choice having the Assies burying all of FTRs titles, but I can't say I didn't like it. Ha, Nemeth tries his hand at a 'Rocky' joke and then even better a 'Ben Franklin' joke! Maybe AEW could use a couple penmen to float around the back-shop. I like the detail in the Hangman promo of him becoming aware he's wrestling Moxley in Cincy. I like even more a 'collision course' with Roosh. Win or lose on that one, Toro fuckin' Blanco is taking flight! AEDub bulldozing thru all the shittalk-post-All-Out with excellent TV week after week.

EDIT: loved that Jade-Nyla promo. A match I didn't realize I needed to see. Loved Vicki's hilarity at the end there. 

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 5

Just watched tonight, fantastic hour of wrestling and next Dynamite looks great with the stuff announced tonight. Willow/Hayter kicked ass, and Hayter is getting so organically over they cheered for her over the consummate babyface in Willow (granted it's Philly, but still impressive). Both of those women are pillars in the way Hook and Darby and Ricky are for the men - awesome match. I'm beginning to think it might not be entirely out of the realm of possibility that Willow should be in the conversation to end Jade's streak. She's got a great look (settle down me-netico notwithstanding) and just a naturally bubbly presence on TV (in that Bayley sort of way, I'm struggling to think of a better comparison; someone here said she has kids TV host energy, and I thought that was pretty apt) - I think the idea of her as the likable underdog toppling the giant Jade might have some significant viability. Hate to clog up pages with fantasy BS, but i'd do a trilogy:

* Match 1: Willow gets overzealous and tries a running start, slips on a banana peel, Jade pins her in ~60-90 seconds 

* Match 2: Another hot start except this time, Willow surprises her with a schoolgirl roll-up for a two - Jade rolls out and is visibly shook at how close it was. Willow comes close, but is thwarted by baddie skulduggery

* Match 3: Willow fights from underneath most of the time, finally overcomes Jade in a Daniel Bryan-at-WM-XXX-type underdog fashion, ends the streak, wins the TBS title, queue confetti

• Like 8

On 9/30/2022 at 11:06 PM, Dog said:

Best AEW women's singles match in how long?

A long time. 

Hayter vs Willow was way better than it should have been considering the two haven't crossed paths much if at all to my knowledge. A well paced, hard hitting match. Didn't like the smarky crowd cheering the heel, but at least the match was really over. The 6 woman tag on Dynamite should be interesting.

• Like 1

On 9/30/2022 at 11:21 PM, Curt McGirt said:

It probably won't happen but I would be 100% behind Nyla ending Jade's win streak. 

On 10/1/2022 at 12:16 PM, JLowe said:

I also would be very fine with Nyla being the one to get the TBS title. 

They really have to do something with the TBS title sometime, right?  Jade is treading water and has no storyline at all.  It's just "I'm angry at everyone and I beat everyone."  TK honestly has no idea where else to go with Jade.  I'd be cool with Nyla winning it.  I'd also be fine with @Zakk_Sabbath's Willow booking.  If nothing else, have Jade come out all cocky and announce she'll fight anyone.  Imagine the pop if Hayter won the belt, Warrior/Honky Tonk style.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/1/2022 at 6:47 PM, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Just watched tonight, fantastic hour of wrestling and next Dynamite looks great with the stuff announced tonight. Willow/Hayter kicked ass, and Hayter is getting so organically over they cheered for her over the consummate babyface in Willow (granted it's Philly, but still impressive). Both of those women are pillars in the way Hook and Darby and Ricky are for the men - awesome match. I'm beginning to think it might not be entirely out of the realm of possibility that Willow should be in the conversation to end Jade's streak. She's got a great look (settle down me-netico notwithstanding) and just a naturally bubbly presence on TV (in that Bayley sort of way, I'm struggling to think of a better comparison; someone here said she has kids TV host energy, and I thought that was pretty apt) - I think the idea of her as the likable underdog toppling the giant Jade might have some significant viability. Hate to clog up pages with fantasy BS, but i'd do a trilogy:

* Match 1: Willow gets overzealous and tries a running start, slips on a banana peel, Jade pins her in ~60-90 seconds 

* Match 2: Another hot start except this time, Willow surprises her with a schoolgirl roll-up for a two - Jade rolls out and is visibly shook at how close it was. Willow comes close, but is thwarted by baddie skulduggery

* Match 3: Willow fights from underneath most of the time, finally overcomes Jade in a Daniel Bryan-at-WM-XXX-type underdog fashion, ends the streak, wins the TBS title, queue confetti

To me Willow is an 80's babyface like a Ricky Steamboat or Von Erichs with the hand slapping and the enthusiasm and it doesn't come across as hokey or forced. Everything old is new again especially after a couple decades or grim anti heros 

• Like 4