DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2022 - WEEK 4

Dolfan in NYC

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Did a Houdini on the pressure for sure, then had his WR bail him out saving an interception and Devin Duvernay making him look even better by catching the tip.

13 minutes ago, JLowe said:

Did a Houdini on the pressure for sure, then had his WR bail him out saving an interception and Devin Duvernay making him look even better by catching the tip.

I prefer this one but I may be biased. At least he threw a dart to an open receiver. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kuetsar said:

NOBODY circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills. 23-20. If you had told me that in the middle of the 2nd quarter, I would have called you a liar.

lol get fucked Harbaugh.  

• Haha 1

In case you missed it, Juju Smith-Schuster totally dissed Mike Tomlin in comments before the game, saying he has learned more about offensive football in part of a season with Andy Reid than 5 years with Tomlin n combined. 

1 hour ago, Tabe said:

In case you missed it, Juju Smith-Schuster totally dissed Mike Tomlin in comments before the game, saying he has learned more about offensive football in part of a season with Andy Reid than 5 years with Tomlin n combined. 

Harsh. But Reid is one of the greatest offensive minds in NFL history, and Tomlin, uh, isn't (not that he's not a good coach, but he's not exactly known for an innovative attack.)

• Like 1

The backhoes are moving on to the field...

OH MY GOODNESS...  YES... the goalposts have been moved everyone!  

So, pretty much, even though their guy had cleared him, they still believe he shouldn't have gone back in.  Cool. 

*THIS WEEK*  Jameis Winston played with fractured vertebrae.  JJ Watt played after having his heart restarted (!!) earlier this week.  Oh, and Minkah Fitzpatrick went into the concussion protocol on Tuesday, but started on Sunday.  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

*THIS WEEK*  Jameis Winston played with fractured vertebrae.  JJ Watt played after having his heart restarted (!!) earlier this week.  Oh, and Minkah Fitzpatrick went into the concussion protocol on Tuesday, but started on Sunday.  

Look I know your defensive because it is your team and your guy but

A) Jameis absolutely did not play this week

B) You know every single player in the protocol is different so saying just because Minkah was cleared doesn't mean Tua should or should not have been cleared. To use a bad wrestling example - just because Christian has been cleared to wrestle with his concussion issues, doesn't mean Adam Cole should

C) First off Watt didn't have his heart restarted

Watt said his heart was beating "weird" on Wednesday, which led to him getting it checked out and being diagnosed with atrial fibrillation. On Thursday, he had a procedure to shock his heart back into rhythm. He was back at practice Friday.

Which is also what Watt said in his tweet. If he heart had actually stopped, you would think he wouldn't be cleared (though this is the NFL so who the fuck knows). But the internet did what it dead so it turned into JJ Watt - Zombie

It is Apples to Oranges (heart vs concussions). Yes that is a very weird thing to say but Watt's occurred during the week not the middle of the game.

I am only speaking for myself - but my issue with the protocols is that there should be SOMETHING in place where a guy shouldn't be allowed to play 4 days after suffering in this case whatever Tua's concussion/back injury/whatever you believe the injury was. I mean clearly the league should be worried about the "perception" of things. Of course the league also clearly isn't worried about being seen as the league that hates women so I clearly don't know what the fuck I am talking about.

• Like 4

Plus its the union saying that, not the shield. Its understandable that they don't want obviously fucked up guys going back into a game. The union is such a paper tiger historically that growing a slight backbone is progress. the question is whether they would be raising such a shit storm is Tua hadn't been hurt more on Thur.

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

The backhoes are moving on to the field...

OH MY GOODNESS...  YES... the goalposts have been moved everyone!  

So, pretty much, even though their guy had cleared him, they still believe he shouldn't have gone back in.  Cool. 

This is what I've been saying, it doesn't actually matter if it was a concussion or a back injury,  he shouldn't have been put back into the game after he stumbled like that. I've had a herniated disk which is very painful back injury,  and as painful as it was it never made my knees buckle like that. Not every back injury is a spinal injury,  but almost every back injury is a potential spinal injury. Jameis' injury has been specifically called non spinal with no risk of further injury,  and he had to sit out this week. He had to be in an unbelievable amount of pain. If you can't stand up,  how do you play football? So, yes gross motor instability should keep you out of a football game. The amount of people who think, "the doctor cleared him," is a valid excuse to put someone who couldn't stand back into a football game is insane to me. Hey,  we had to shock a dude's heart back into rhythm,  but he'll be in the game in Sunday. I'm sorry,  but none of this shit makes any sense. 

• Like 2