DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2022 - WEEK 4

Dolfan in NYC

the whole "NFL had to have gotten this right because they would be open to legal action if not" claims made me think "yanno, didn't the NFL have to pay out more money because their concussions settlement was found to be racist"... in other words, the NFL has made mistakes, to put it one way, that cost themselves money, so..

• Like 1

Still a little too vague for my liking, I'd feel better if they found exactly what caused the lapse in policy, and exactly how they are going to fix it. Saying in the same statement "we are not concluding there were errors but we are making modifications" doesn't make a lot of sense, they must have found something. It also seems to be at odds with Miami's entire "it was a back injury" line since there would be no need to change a policy if there was no concussion in the first place. But its going in the right direction anyway, even if it was just due to public uproar, the end result hopefully with be positive.

• Like 1

On 9/30/2022 at 1:55 PM, RIPPA said:

Bears RB David Montgomery has been ruled out for Sunday's game

If they were playing any other team besides the Giants, I would make a joke about the putrid offense but alas they will score 40

In addition to Montgomery, Jaylon Johnson is also ruled out. Velus Jones Jr. (25 year old rookie WR) traved to NY so it looks like he'll finally get a chance to play, and maybe help get the passing game going for Chicago.

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Daniel Jones with his annual long TD run that make you go “he isn’t completely hideous”

And Justin Fields is airing it out. I think our teams are trying to make each other look good.

4 minutes ago, hammerva said:

We just got a white guy from Brigham Young doing a Gritty while running the Philly special for a TD. it really doesn't get much worse for Steelers