DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2022 - WEEK 4

Dolfan in NYC

36 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

When you consider Nowinski's history, he's gonna see concussions through his own experiences.

Anyways, having a guy get two concussions in under a week is gonna have to wait in line behind the other Dolphins org stuff that has happened lately.

I'm going to Philly tomorrow so I'm going to eat a cheesesteak and throw myself off the Schuylkill Bridge rather than continue this.

Good night everyone.

I am trying to be restrained but it is incredibly hard after watching the horrific images of Tua reminiscent of Joe Theismann on MNF many years back. Multiple people in the Dolphins organization need to lose their jobs over this. Anyone smarter than a goldfish could've seen this coming but they clearly did not care one iota about his health or long term health whatsoever (and yes they already proved that on Sunday when they put him back into the game when it was very clear he had suffered a severe concussion). 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sabremike said:

I am trying to be restrained but it is incredibly hard after watching the horrific images of Tua reminiscent of Joe Theismann on MNF many years back. Multiple people in the Dolphins organization need to lose their jobs over this. Anyone smarter than a goldfish could've seen this coming but they clearly did not care one iota about his health or long term health whatsoever (and yes they already proved that on Sunday when they put him back into the game when it was very clear he had suffered a severe concussion). 

Heads are gonna roll in Miami. I won’t be shocked if Mike McDaniel gets shown the door.

• Like 2

Let's be brutally honest, if you need a QB with 2 concussions (one seeming to be major) in a span of a week to beat the Jets then your team kind of sucks to begin with and shouldn't be thinking playoffs.   Bridgewater might be an average QB at best but come on it's the Jets

I am not going to play the "everyone should be fired" card until I see what happens in the next 3 weeks.  If Tua hits the field in the next 2 weeks then different story.  I would say 3 because I don't know if I want to see Tua dealing with a Steelers defense.  

9 minutes ago, Mike Campbell said:

Heads are gonna roll in Miami. I won’t be shocked if Mike McDaniel gets shown the door.

For what exactly?  If the doctors and staff cleared him, then why wouldn't you put him back in? 

Anyway

I sort of get what McDaniel was saying but "nothing more serious than a concussion" is definitely not a good luck and betrays an old school, ignorant mindset. It's a concerning choice of words coming from a head coach. 

I think it's entirely possible that Tua somehow passed the protocol last Sunday. Maybe he didn't actually have a concussion though that seems unlikely. 

Having said that, he definitely needs to sit for awhile after last night. That "fencing" response he showed last night - something every NHL fan is very familiar with seeing - is scary stuff. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Chaos said:

I'm a bit surprised he was allowed to fly back with the team. For some reason, I'm thinking that flying is not recommended after suffering a concussion.

I like it up and apparently flying isn't a risk factor for concussions. From what I could find on the internet, I'm not a doctor, flying doesn't make a concussion worse,  but being in a bright ass airport then on a loud ass plane probably sucks for someone with a concussion. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, nofuture said:

Sadly prophetic.

in a sense it is prophetic but it would be so much better if they were sued and those involved did lose their jobs. How they could allow him to come back against Buffalo was highly suspect, to have him start last night was just stupid on all accounts. But NFL will NFL. There's a reason that they have to show gambling commercials during every commercial break. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, supremebve said:

I like it up and apparently flying isn't a risk factor for concussions. From what I could find on the internet, I'm not a doctor, flying doesn't make a concussion worse,  but being in a bright ass airport then on a loud ass plane probably sucks for someone with a concussion. 

According to one of CM Punk’s shoot interviews (for whatever that might be worth), the change in pressurization can be very painful. When Punk cracked his skull and wanted to fly home, the doctor warned him that he could be in a lot of pain. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

For what exactly?  If the doctors and staff cleared him, then why wouldn't you put him back in? 

Because he’d just gotten hurt, was limited in practice and was coming off a short week. I can’t imagine any coach seeing those circumstances and thinking that he should go in. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Mike Campbell said:

According to one of CM Punk’s shoot interviews (for whatever that might be worth), the change in pressurization can be very painful. When Punk cracked his skull and wanted to fly home, the doctor warned him that he could be in a lot of pain. 

Yes,  apparently it doesn't make the concussion worse,  but you'll suffer for it. I want to be clear that,  from what i read he's not in any added danger flying home,  but bright lights,  loud noise,  and pretty much anything that has to do with air travel is not going to help the pain/symptoms of having a concussion. I'm glad the flight didn't harm him any more than he's already been harmed,  but I imagine that he's been pretty miserable since the injury. 

• Like 2

Bears RB David Montgomery has been ruled out for Sunday's game

If they were playing any other team besides the Giants, I would make a joke about the putrid offense but alas they will score 40

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

meanwhile the big local controversy around here is that the local newspaper tweeted a link to a Letter To The Editor from a dude in Illinois claiming that Mahomes isn't a team player

Between Patrick Mahomes and Lamar Jackson, I do not understand the mental gymnastics people do to try to discredit either of them.  They've only been two of the best players in football for their entire careers, but instead of enjoying the shit these assholes turn into Kim Zmeskal.

• Like 1