DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2022 - WEEK 4

Dolfan in NYC

1 minute ago, Gonzo said:

I would think that, given the logistics of everything involved with Sunday Night Football, if they were going to pull the trigger on this they'd have to do it relatively quickly.

Apparently the NFL said the decision could be made as late as Friday night

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Tangentially:

That's gonna be a rough flight.  And I can't wait for the Friday afternoon videos from the Dolphins' account where they're stuck in Cincinnati and are forced to try "local delicacies" like Skyline Ch*li. 

Ya know, it's so easy to forget that these guys are real people. It cannot be easy to be away from family for the Miami guys right now. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Tabe said:

Ya know, it's so easy to forget that these guys are real people. It cannot be easy to be away from family for the Miami guys right now. 

And related to that - Todd Bowles said that the Bucs considered going to West Virginia for practice but they decided to go to Miami so the folks could bring their families and pets with them

• Like 1

Tua hasn't been that good tonight against Bengals and now it looks like his back is badly hurt again.  Or another concussion.   I would like to think they will actually have him sit down in 2nd half.  

Edit:  Damn didn't know that fingers kind of go that way when they suffer head trauma.     

Edited by hammerva

1 minute ago, hammerva said:

Tua hasn't been that good tonight against Bengals and now it looks like his back is badly hurt again.  Or another concussion.   I would like to think they will actually have him sit down in 2nd half.  

My biggest issue with them putting him back in the game last week and saying it was a back issue is that if your back is hurt enough that you're stumbling, you shouldn't be playing football.  Somehow we decided, who cares if its a spinal injury as long as it's not a head injury.  The involuntary hand movements looks scary as fuck, and I don't care if it's because of a head injury or if it is a spinal injury, it's irresponsible to have him playing with either.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

58 minutes ago, supremebve said:

My biggest issue with them putting him back in the game last week and saying it was a back issue is that if your back is hurt enough that you're stumbling, you shouldn't be playing football.  Somehow we decided, who cares if its a spinal injury as long as it's not a head injury.  The involuntary hand movements looks scary as fuck, and I don't care if it's because of a head injury or if it is a spinal injury, it's irresponsible to have him playing with either.

Amen. 

• Like 3

Tua's being discharged and should travel back to Miami with the team.  

I won't speculate, but that does sound promising.  

As to the game, fuck it.  Onto New York.  Teddy was hanging fine with the AFC Champs, he should be able to handle the fucking airplanes.  

3 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

from the files of "Well, when you put it that way":

Look, Nowinski (who I like) was already talking about the lawsuit he and the family was going to file when Tua fucking DIED from the concussion he got today.   

I know the look was bad, but Tua will -- hopefully -- be fine.