DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 9/26 - 10/2/2022

Greggulator

I have given myself 40 minutes so let's see how close I can cut it.  We're starting off with hot wrestling action as Solo Sikoa and Sami Zayn take on Ricochet and Madcap Moss!  Since we are on Canadian soil, Sami Zayn is our Face in Peril!  Ricochet doesn't really need any help being a spectacular highflier, but he gets an assist and he goes extremely high in the air.  After Sikoa beats on Ricochet and Ricochet makes a comeback, Sikoa tags Zayn BEFORE Ricochet tags Moss!  THE PSYCHOLOGY IS ALL CATAWAMPUS!  The crowd is not behind Moss's house afire babyface hot tag!  Moss goes completely heel by beating the crap out of Zayn.  Zayn hits a Blue Thunder Bomb and the crowd is MOLTEN for Zayn!  Solo drives the Winnipeg crowd wild by saving Zayn's bacon and CRUSHING Moss with a Urinagi for the win!  That was awesome.  Sami Zayn IS Bret Hart.  Drew McIntyre takes on Austin Theory.  CRAZY unprotected Released Vertical Suplex!  Ah this was an angle and not an actual match as Theory and Alpha Academy beat on McIntyre so Johnny Gargano can join Drew McIntyre in getting his ass kicked.  AND THEN Kevin Owens makes the save!  The crowd, being Canadians, are WAAAY into Kevin Owens showing up.  Kevin Owens IS Bret Hart.  Hit Row takes on Los Lotharios!  Los Lotharios no longer kiss a lucky lady.  WE are all heartbroken.  One can assume that Los Lotharios will make Hit Row look like a million bucks.  Angel goes from normal paunts to tiny paunts!  Los Lotharios are awesome.  Humberto is hit by a very elaborate finisher.  That wasn't very long.  Natalya is in Canada!  I don't think that's going to help her much against Ronda Rousey.  They go completely BattlARTS early!  They stay BattlARTS as Rousey counters the Sharpshooter by spinning into an Ankle Lock.  NICE Lariat by Natalya FOR TWO!  Rousey counters out of a Body Slam and applies the Ankle Lock and Natalya taps out!  Natalya IS NOT Bret Hart.  Postmatch, Rousey and Liv Morgan HEATS THINGS UP!  That was fun.  Holy shit!  GuntherWALTER vs Sheamus next week!  That will be STIFF!  Gunther beats the fudge out of Sheamus, who for some reason OPTED to take on Imperium by himself.  That'll be good.  I assume Sheamus gets the belt.  SHOTZI'S TANK RETURNS!  I assume she gets her ass kicked by Bayley but the tank is back so doesn't really matter.  I get to REAL TIME at 9:35.  Bayley sells for a while and then hits her finisher.  Postmatch they tease things with the ladder.   It's Austin Theory and the Alpha Academy!  It's Johnny Gargano, Drew McIntyre and Kevin Owens!  I assume this will save this episode's bacon.  Oh this is FUN!  Johnny Gargano is assuming the role of our babyface who will get the crud beaten out of himself so the crowd can get behind his STRUGGLE to escape the Old School Heel Tactics of Theory and the Alpha Academy.  Kevin Owens makes the hot tag and the crowd is MOLTEN!  SWEET German Suplex by Gable on to Owens.  Owens makes the SECOND hot tag to McIntyre!  Otis CRUSHES Drew on the outside!  SUPERKICK PARTY  on Otis!  Gable hits a COMPLETE LUNATIC EXPLOIDER on Owens on the floor.  They hit their BABYFACE FINISHERS!  POSTMATCH, McIntyre hits Theory with the BULLWHIP!  That match saved the episodes bacon.  HHH! HHH! HHH! HHH! HHH!

• Like 1

I was super happy to see the return of The Tank! lol Face Shotzi just rules. Good stuff with her and Bayley and the post match shenanigans help set up the Bianca/Bayley match nicely.

They've really got Liv coming off as a try hard in this feud. lol

• Like 1

Sami/Solo vs. Ricochet/Moss was good stuff. Its kind of amazing how good Solo has gotten.

Ronda/Nattie was short but fun. As was the post match brawl between Ronda and Liv.

Bayley/Shotzi was solid and a nice showcase for Shotzi though I'm kind of surprised she lost clean. The post match with Bianca and Bayley fighting was ok.

Theory/AA vs. Owens/Gargano/Drew was a good spurt with the finish being chaotic fun.

Kind of torn on Dupri on his way back to LA Knight already. MMM have been a fun kind of stupid, but Knight was a solid character on his own. 

The Sheamus/Imperium segment was good. Everyone came out looking great with Imperium being such bastards beating down Sheamus and Sheamus not giving in.

• Like 1