DVDVR Message Board

DYNAMITE- 9/28/2022~!

DEAN

I'm not generally speaking a Jericho Townhall guy, but found myself thoroughly entertained with laughter and excitement throughout this opening. Sometimes I wonder to myself if 'Daddy Magic' Matt Menard isn't my favorite AEW performer? This Danielson match felt like a direct fan request for me. And it met all my needs. Yuta's promo was a little awkward, but fascinatingly so. Loved the voice crack. Not such a strong piece of business from Max this week. From a sideglance Mox v Juice seemed pretty solid. Stoked for Mox and the Hangman. So Saraya can't wrestle and doesn't excel at promos? Perhaps in time this won't seem like such a questionable signing. Missed out live on Deeb-Toni. Then I blinked and missed Starks too. I did catch the fantastic Main Event and breakout National TV debut of Bandido!!! Bandido is a special talent. Jericho continues to surprise with this wildly fun 2022 run. Here he bows out with the beautiful encore of a Judas Effect on Cruise. Danielson-Jericho live here in the city, sure!

• Like 6

That Bandito suplex was the greatest display of strength since Jericho's belt!

Old man Jericho continues to deliver! Mox and Juice had a heck of a brawl. AEW finally does the WWE booking a match on the fly with Daddy magic vs BD, Plus we got Storm v Deeb!

I do appreciate that Brit always give the babyface the last laugh. Brit name rhymes with a part of the female anatomy? And Saraya is just the boss of the womens title now?

I hope Luigi Primo gets knocked out again next week!

• Like 4

I really liked Danielson/Menard and wish it had gotten 3-4 more minutes to let things breathe.  Daddy Magic still has the best punches in AEW.

Has the challenger ever actually won one of the 'championship eliminator' matches?  It's such a dumbass idea.  

I can only assume Saraya was some kind of Bull Nakano-esque superworker because her mic work stinks on ice.  The whole segment was rough but the match was pretty good.

I fell asleep during the main so I'll have to revisit it later.  The parts I was awake for were good, at least.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zimbra said:

I really liked Danielson/Menard and wish it had gotten 3-4 more minutes to let things breathe.  Daddy Magic still has the best punches in AEW.

Has the challenger ever actually won one of the 'championship eliminator' matches?  It's such a dumbass idea.  

I can only assume Saraya was some kind of Bull Nakano-esque superworker because her mic work stinks on ice.  The whole segment was rough but the match was pretty good.

I fell asleep during the main so I'll have to revisit it later.  The parts I was awake for were good, at least.

Thunder Rosa lost one in Japan, and I feel like there was another in AEW early in the year on a fluke. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Jiji said:

So Saraya really not cleared then? They got her under a three year deal and probably pretty big money to be the women's GM? ?

I’d say three months of Saraya making announcements instead of occasionally Tony Khan is worth the contract. Plus, you could do a Talking Elite with her, Rene, Alex Marvez, and Evil Uno.

35 minutes ago, Jiji said:

If you ever find yourself asking this about a John from Cincinnati post, assume he is being sarcastic.

I find @John from Cincinnati to be illusive and mysterious.

46 minutes ago, Jiji said:

so much wwe bullshit 

I only quote @Jiji

Yeah, this episode felt pretty WWE at times. ??‍♂️

• Like 2

Daddy Magic has been my not so secret AEW guilty pleasure. Danielson, Mox and Jericho each with center piece matches - basically this our company and we will make it succeed or die trying. All 3 are putting in some serious work. 

Garcia, Wheeler, Jungle Boy, Allin, Sammy - all future mainstays. MJF keeps creating Piper level 1981 Georgia hate to me BUT the face turn could be epic. I still love watching Piper's work out in LA and Portland. Just to watch him before he showed up in JCP.  

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Miyu Yamashita beat Thunder Rosa in a Championship Eliminator during Rosa's TJPW trip and got her title match on Dynamite.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, S.K.o.S. said:

Gordlow told me to tell you that he thinks White Flag is a great song and he doesn't understand why that guy in the main event would want to ban Dido.

GOD DAMMIT!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, GuerrillaMonsoon said:

I'm trying to rack my brain for what was the worst segment in AEW history prior to the Saraya promo. 

The Brandi/Dan Lambert confrontation was at least trainwreck entertaining.

Racking mine:

Dark Order's debut on AEW Dynamite.

Rhodes/Ogogo weigh in.

Saraya's promo.

• Like 2