DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - AUTUMN 2022

Dolfan in NYC

JFC. Fire everyone mentioned in this report for abuse. Including one coach who told his player (spoilered for ickiness)

Spoiler

"I'm going to (touch/molest) you during this film review every time you make a bad pass"

https://www.espn.com/soccer/united-states-nwsl/story/4760185/us-soccer-investigation-into-womens-game-finds-systemic-abusemisconduct

Edited by SirFozzie
  • Sad 1

Erling Haaland continued his incredible scoring form with two more goals as Manchester City swept Copenhagen aside to make it three wins out of three in Champions League Group G.

Haaland was taken off at half-time and so missed an attempt at what would have been a fourth hat-trick for City, but his first-half double means he now has 19 goals in his first 12 games for Pep Guardiola's side.

@Pete.

On 10/3/2022 at 5:45 PM, SirFozzie said:

JFC. Fire everyone mentioned in this report for abuse. Including one coach who told his player (spoilered for ickiness)

Hide contents

"I'm going to (touch/molest) you during this film review every time you make a bad pass"

https://www.espn.com/soccer/united-states-nwsl/story/4760185/us-soccer-investigation-into-womens-game-finds-systemic-abusemisconduct

The E:60 on this is just insane.    By the end of it I can't tell if what pissed me off more was the male coaches abusing their authority or Lisa Baird who is in 100% cover my ass mode.   I don't know why and it is probably offensive but seeing women in power doing nothing to protect other women is much much worse to me because they should know better.   Good to see the players in every single game stood in solidarity with this situation

Gimnasia vs Boca Juniors was suspended due to police using tear gas and rubber bullets on supporters who may not have had tickets wanting to get in. The tear gas made its way onto the pitch and started affecting the players and match officials. The match might be played tomorrow under closed doors. 

Kinda interesting, Clint Dempsey is advising a group to create something like a Soccer version of "The Basketball Tournament", which is a 1 million winner take all 64 team basketball tournament. The Soccer Tournament would be run by the same folks as the Basketball tournament and feature a 32 team tournament played over four days, World Cup style (32 team group stage, Knockouts starting at the round of 16, etcetera)

Rules:

7 on 7 (normally), small field

2 20 Minute Halves of Regulation

Modified version of the Elam Ending. At the end of regulation, a winning score is set (Winning team's current score +1, so if it's 7-5, the winning score is 8). During the Ending phase, every five minutes, each team loses a player. (becomes 6v6, 5v5, etcetera)

Edited by SirFozzie

Double post: Copenhagen does the double impossible, keeping Haaland off the goal scoring sheet, and even keeping the rest of his teammates from scoring either (0-0 draw)

Time to put Copenhagen in the Premier League then...

Edit: yes I know that Haaland didn't play and city was down a man for an hour,  that's part of the joke

Edited by SirFozzie

Rangers go up 1-0 on Liverpool, and all the pundits start dreaming of their "Liverpool is gone" speeches.

Rangers fans: "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve"

Liverpool Angry. Liverpool SMASH!

Final 7-1 Liverpool

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SirFozzie said:

Rangers go up 1-0 on Liverpool, and all the pundits start dreaming of their "Liverpool is gone" speeches.

Rangers fans: "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve"

Liverpool Angry. Liverpool SMASH!

Final 7-1 Liverpool

Only time a win by the scousers will ever bring a huge smile to my face.