DVDVR Message Board

Grand Slam II - Dynamite - 9/21/2022

Dolfan in NYC

HERE WE GO!  Chris Jericho is taking on the ROH Champion, Claudio Castagnoli!  Jayzeus, Jericho is taking a beating a lot lately.  AWESOME!  Jericho Suplexes Claudio off the apron to the floor!  Channeling Misawa/Kobashi is quite a risk at Jericho's age.  Jericho is wrestling like it's twenty years ago, hitting a rana out of a toprope Ricolla Bomb!  WTF.  RICOLLA BOMB! FOR TWO!  CODE BREAKER!  Sorta.  FOR TWO!  BOSTON CRAB!  GIANT SWING!  Lariat FOR TWO!  So this is what- four great matches in a row for Jericho?  JERICHO CHEATS!  A Low Blow and a Urican!  NEW CHAMPION!  That was good.   The Acclaim is OVER in New York.  KEITH LEE WITH A RANA!  Keith Lee is a FREAK.  Shane Strickland is SO fucking awesome.  THAT's how you GET SOME HEAT!  While we are in picture in picture,  Max Caster takes an ass beating.  Keith Lee is the superstar of this match as he goes up for a Bodyslam.  Lee is the HEAT MACHINE!  Lee does a BEAUTIFUL Moonsault to nowhere!  A lot of stuff happens!  The match is kind of a mess but the HEAT covers up for the wads of blown stuff.  The crowd becomes MOLTEN as Caster hits the Toprope Elbow Drop FOR THE WIN!  NEW CHAMPIONS!  That was very heated but nearly as good as their first match.  But it was still good.  Jut not as good.  Oh man!  FTR and the ASS BOIZ~!  THAT would be good too.  Huh!  Yuta vs MJF!  That'll be good.  JANE!  It's the Bastard, PAC!  Cassidy does well with athletic British dudes, bruv!  Cassidy always tells a fun story.  Pac hits a SUWA Dropkick off the top!  Cassidy is such a great sympathetic babyface and Pac beats on him as we go to picture in picture.  PAC hits two very nice German Suplexes while we are actually distracted by Flo from Progressive.  Cassidy is fun on his babyface comeback!  HE IS FIRED UP!  P-COLA!  PAC sells the DDT like a possessed teenage in a possession movie.  That was fucking GREAT.  This match is fucking GREAT.  Orange Cassidy should just wrestle British dudes in Great Britain if he wins.  PAC CHEATS TO WIN!  He is a BASTARD!  Cassidy is awesome when he loses to athletic British dudes!  That was fucking great.  Athena and Toni Storm are awesome together.  Serena Deeb is wrestling for THREE!  LITERALLY!  This is bunch of stuff!  Athena is fucking AWESOME as we got to picture in picture.  Baker takes Athena out of the match by setting up Reba for a Lariat on the floor!  Athena and Deeb were battling it out for the superstar of that match.  Storm rolls up Baker to win and THEN THE REAL POINT OF THIS!  BAKER AND HAYTER ARE FRIENDS AGAIN!  THEY BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF STORM AND ATHENA!  Annnnnnnnd It's PAIGE!  Awesome!  Has she wrestled in the last five years?  I see that, per cagematch.net, she has not.  It's cool that people remember her.  That match was really good.  The postmatch stuff was where the HEAT was.  So that's a BIG win.  It's our main event!  I hope both of these guys win.  AEW wins no matter who wins.   Oh man, THIS match is fucking good.  THIS MATCH IS MOTHERFUCKING GREAT!  Man, they really need to stop cutting to MJF.  DEATHRIDER! FOR TWO!  MOX WINS WITH A SLEEPER!  That was fucking GREAT.   AEW RULES THE MOTHERFUCKING WORLD. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Kind of thought it would have been Danielson since MJF beating him felt like it would be a bigger heat moment than Max over Mox. Would have been nice to see Danielson have one more moment though even if for a just a moment.

Yeah the boom box should have been finish in the tag match. Really happy for The Acclaimed. Caster's rap was tops tonight too.

Not really sure what's happening with Hayter and Britt. So so so so happy Saraya's here but trying not to think she's gonna be another Ruby/Athena "Hey remember she's on the roster, right?"

2.0 has to beat FTR so the JAS can become Ring of Jericho, right?

Not sure if it was intentional but they were in Queens, the MJF mugging during the main was giving me major George Costanza vibes

https://images.app.goo.gl/QeM27RrTwuEpsTb29

• Like 1

Great crowd! 

Jericho can have some fun with this. He’s worked basically everyone in AEW, I’m not against him spending time in the ROH Pocket Universe more often now. 

So happy for The Acclaimed. This feels like the tag team version of the Hangman story. A home grown act (even more so in this case) grinds, gets hot, and climbs the mountain. So awesome.

On one hand, Mox as your champion is never ever the wrong answer. On the other, I have zero interest in he and MJF running it back.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, DEAN said:

GOD DAMMIT!

Could be worse. They could do a stable with Cassidy and other PAC Haters. Call it the Neville's Rejects.

(I'm still stunned that they missed an opportunity with MJF going "I AM the Devil" in calling Stokely's boys the Devil's Rejects.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Just now, SirFozzie said:

Could be worse. They could do a stable with Cassidy and other PAC Haters. Call it the Neville's Rejects.

(I'm still stunned that they missed an opportunity with MJF going "I AM the Devil" in calling Stokely's boys the Devil's Rejects.

OH GOD DAMMIT!

• Like 3

I think the big surprise was Kevin Dunn directing. I mean I’ve had some rum drinks tonight but good lord way too many camera cuts and the main event was making me nauseous. Also, we really didn’t need to see MJF’s reaction every 20 seconds. Also, I enjoyed AEW better without him, he’s fucking Poochie to me.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, DEAN said:

OH GOD DAMMIT!

You can FEEL the DEANster's sanity melting at this point.

Just one more.

When the former Neville showed up in AEW, he should have brought Sean Waltman and Paul Wight in for at least a couple trio matches.

(waits)

They could have called the team "2 Pacs and Biggie"

Edited by SirFozzie
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, SirFozzie said:

Just one more.

When the former Neville showed up in AEW, he should have brought Sean Waltman and Paul Weight in for at least a couple trio matches.

(waits)

And I go look for the ban hammer!

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

7 minutes ago, JLowe said:

I think the big surprise was Kevin Dunn directing. I mean I’ve had some rum drinks tonight but good lord way too many camera cuts and the main event was making me nauseous. Also, we really didn’t need to see MJF’s reaction every 20 seconds. Also, I enjoyed AEW better without him, he’s fucking Poochie to me.

Pissed me off as well.

I was left disappointed by both Grand Slam Dynamite 2022 and All Out 2022, not helped by the stupid o'clock time when it goes out live in the UK. Double or Nothing went too long also. 1am-3am for Dynamite and PPVs are 1:00-04:00+.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, SirFozzie said:

Just one more.

When the former Neville showed up in AEW, he should have brought Sean Waltman and Paul Weight in for at least a couple trio matches.

(waits)

For the last couple years, before I actually started watching again, I would see people on Twitter talk about PAC and I thought it was what Sean Waltman was wrestling as now to avoid lawsuits.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Does PAC have the best current DDT bump? Maybe. Nice OChicanery with the legs straight up inviting PAC in. OC's getting closer, PAC's getting more desperate to avoid the losing the intensity vs sloth war. To be continued. In like eight months probably. 

That match was surprisingly awesome.  If Bryan Danielson hadn't wrestled Jon Moxley, that would have been the match of the night.

• Like 2

Jericho stooging as the ROH champion is exactly where I wanted the JAS to be. Low-mid card comedy stuff that just gets under people's skin.

Happy for the Acclaimed. Should have won after the boom box - Blockbuster - Mic Drop spot. What happened to Caster there? Did he fall or did Swerve push him and the production team missed it?

Main event was... fine. The Death Rider is anything but these days. It's a Butterfly suplex and not a very good one. Stick to the Mick Foley DDT Jon.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

Main event was... fine. The Death Rider is anything but these days. It's a Butterfly suplex and not a very good one. Stick to the Mick Foley DDT Jon.

So lame. Jon Moxley needs to watch some more Kenta Kobashi and Mick Foley for Double Arm DDT.

• Like 1

Women's Title match was good stuff and made me want to see more Toni vs Serena.

Always liked Saraya so cool to see her again but they could have at least had her come out with a chair or something to chase off Britt and her crew because she was seriously outnumbered and outgunned. 

When Diamante kept teasing the original baddie, I didn't think she meant the real Baddest Bitch but here we are. Come through, Trina. 

• Like 5