DVDVR Message Board

2022 NCAAF - WEEK FOUR

RIPPA

17 hours ago, EVA said:

Auburn/Mizzu is the 2022 version of the infamous Auburn/Mississippi State 3-2 game. 2nd half has been a stunning display of offensive ineptitude.

No one seems to want to win.

This post proved prophetic.

Edited by madl
  • Like 1

We need @Chaosto bring us the insider perspective on how Auburn fans are viewing that win. Or should I say “win?” On one hand, it usually feels better not to lose, especially to Missouri. On the other, nothing about that game would give you any confidence that Auburn is getting better, and now you have to wait at least another week to fire Harsin.

Iowa scored 27 points so you might be thinking "hey maybe their offense is starting to get in gear"

No no - their defense scored twice

Now to be fair - they were playing Rutgers who somehow has a good defense now

• Like 1

From my Big 12 Preview:

Kansas State: The Wildcats are the most compelling of these middle-tier teams, and I was sorely tempted to place them in the spoiler category. I’m just not sure what to make of their potential this season…However, I’ve heard some rumblings of K-State embracing a spread option attack that will lean more on Martinez’s athleticism than his pocket passing ability. If that’s true, and it works, the Wildcats could be a headache in this conference.

Should’ve gone with my gut. Headache confirmed. Oklahoma’s season spoiled.

Edited by EVA
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, sabremike said:

AND SYRACUSE AS WELL!

Funny you mention it - we're actually up in the region (Lake Oneida) next weekend for a mini vacation and we had no idea it's Syracuse's homecoming. Against WAGNER of all schools. Not going to the game but we'll definitely hit the campus at some point to groove on the vibe some.

19 hours ago, EVA said:

Auburn/Mizzu is the 2022 version of the infamous Auburn/Mississippi State 3-2 game. 2nd half has been a stunning display of offensive ineptitude.

No one seems to want to win.

Auburn had 100 more yards of offense in the 3-2 game, and we thought Tony Franklin was bad at the time. 

• RIPPA locked and unpinned this topic