DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 9/19 - 9/25/2022

Dolfan in NYC

On 9/22/2022 at 12:46 AM, blitzkrieg said:

Watching the actual interview it was recorded Summer Slam weekend and says the current method was implemented with the NXT 2.0 launch. So not to say that they might not keep that direction but seems like if Triple H does plan on changing anything this interview was done before those plans would have been made.

Well, if this is still the case Hunter is in charge of the Creative Direction as a whole so why wouldn't Hunter just front line the more experienced talent to the main roster anyway. It's not like they are competing directly with NXT anymore and it's not like he has to get these guys over with Vince anymore. If he has a guy that has already been killing it in say New Japan or Mexico or the indies why not just bring them to Raw or Smackdown anyway. Let NXT continue to be developmental. That was a problem,  having guys like Cole and Gargano waste 5 years in NXT. Cole would still be around if he had been called up before he left, granted he probably wouldn't have gotten a proper push till Hunter took over but still.

I saw people laughing at Bobby Fish on Twitter because supposedly he tried to get O'Reilly and Cole to go with him back to WWE. It makes sense for multiple reasons one because Hunter is a big advocate for Cole especially and two because I'm sure he knows they most likely wouldn't consider hiring him back without the other 2

Edited by Ziggy

2 hours ago, Ziggy said:

Well, if this is still the case Hunter is in charge of the Creative Direction as a whole so why wouldn't Hunter just front line the more experienced talent to the main roster anyway. It's not like they are competing directly with NXT anymore and it's not like he has to get these guys over with Vince anymore. If he has a guy that has already been killing it in say New Japan or Mexico or the indies why not just bring them to Raw or Smackdown anyway. Let NXT continue to be developmental. That was a problem,  having guys like Cole and Gargano waste 5 years in NXT. Cole would still be around if he had been called up before he left, granted he probably wouldn't have gotten a proper push till Hunter took over but still.

Oh, I don't have any issue with the system they have in place or think that it needs to be changed, I just had a problem with the timing of the original interview and when it was finally released and reported as news.

I think NXT is best as developmental to allow (some) experienced talent hone things and stay busy before moving up to Raw and Smackdown while allowing less experienced talent to get experience and have a chance to potentially work with more experienced talent. I feel like the biggest problem with the early days of 2.0 was that you had a lot of fresh talent given a lot of ring time before they were probably ready for it and often against other fresh talent. With the Florida touring shows, Level Up, and then NXT I think they have a really good system set up to bring the talent along. And I think that letting that talent work with experienced talent that is going do a brief stint in NXT or main brand talent that isn't otherwise being used just benefits them more.

The problem with the old NXT was NXT got to be the answer to "I'm being booked poorly" or "I'm not getting screen time" or "Vince is going to book me poorly." Hunter running everything should help to alleviate that.

The majority of the WWE content on Hulu is now listed as expiring this Tuesday. Brief extension, they're still working out things.

Another PLE Event for NXT on Nov maybe, I dunno what it will be. Maybe they should do whatever is associated with Shawn, since he runs the NXT brand. 

Triple H runs Raw and SD and their PLE's.

Edited by Blue Dragon

Sunday Morning Superstars edition of Smack this week. Anybody out there familiar with Jimmy Smack? I have no conditioning for long Bloodline segments. I love Heyman, I love Sami, but Stoic Roman and his 'acknowledge me' catchphrase are fucking blah! The alpha dummy USOs on the mic are even worse. FFWD! I skimmed to the end and enjoyed seeing Sami Zayn make something special out of a bunch of bullshit. This is my first look at Lacy Evans and I'm impressed - for all the 70s asskicker reasons DEAN outlined. She nicely led this bout. I sometimes wish the industry called a moratorium on lame tables, but Liv and the WWE production team did it right here. MMM seem like capable prospects. Dug on that quick Max Dupri post match meltdown. I don't  know the former Eli Drake all that well, but I feel like he might get a shot in WWE, and I'm ready for it. Otis-Strowman surprised me as a fun little segment. Kross-McIntyre segment felt a bit colder than desired, but was fine. Enter Bayley-Kay-Sky!! I really like how Dakota Kai moves around in there. Is Shotzi always as bad as her attempt to throw Io out of the ring? Brutes-Usos was good. Every week I marvel at Pete Dunne's 'Butch'. The Cole-Graves commentary team is such a breath of fresh air after listening to AEW's overwrought and often awful commentary. Good solid show here.