DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 9/19 - 9/25/2022

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Well, this is officially "a thing" now...

This was at a house show in Bakersfield, CA.  

Tonight on Raw:  Austin Theory vs. Kevin Owens

Wrestling Observer folks are speculating Bray Wyatt is the White Rabbit.

I imagine that would go over well with a lot of fans.  The rest of us will have football, baseball playoffs and the NBA.  

1 hour ago, madl said:

Wrestling Observer folks are speculating Bray Wyatt is the White Rabbit.

I imagine that would go over well with a lot of fans.  The rest of us will have football, baseball playoffs and the NBA.  

Zero reason for the trolling @madl.  

Anyway,  here's the new logo for SurSer '22:

tpvahjxsuto91.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

• Like 1

Guess MIZ tv still exists. Miz almost went into the Hell/Hornswoggle Dimension.

Fightpit is coming back to Extreme Rules. I love martial arts stuff.

Somebody said the Extreme Rules theme is some Black Sabbath song.

Jesus, TWO NFL games on and I get the feeling that I'm the only person in America watching RAW.  Though it is 9:47 and the Bills game is for intents and purposes over.  SO ONLY ONE GAME TO COMPETE WITH!  And it is the fucking Vikings so maybe ratings will pick up for the final hour.  It's Bobby Lashley versus Seth Rollins!  Rollins outsmarts Lashley early while Lashley uses his strength to counter Rollins cagey wiliness.  GREAT Missile Flying Knee by Rollins.  They do a Keylock Sequence and Lashley counters Rollins wrestling with power- as Lashley Powerbombs out.  Rollins is bumping like a psycho.  This match is fucking GREAT.  Fun nearfall after Lashley slams Rollins' skull into the mat.  Rollins hits a Buckle Bomb and a Love Machine Splash for TWO!  THEN Rollins with a Crossface that Lashley powers out of.  Oklahoma Stampede by Lashley for TWO!  GREAT counter of a Spear into a Pedigree by Rollins FOR TWO!  Full Nelson by Lashley!  Rollins hits a lowblow!  Matt Riddle shows up to distract Rollins as Lashley hits the Spear for the win!  That was fucking GREAT.  Seth Rollins is fucking awesome.  HEY! It's Kevin Owens!  It's Austin Theory!  This should also be good.  Kevin Owens is FUCKING AWESOME. MAN, Owens is bumping big to get Theory's offense over.  Owens is doing a Terry Funk and wrestling so that ANYONE could be in the ring with him and it would be about the same.  Theory just needs to not show any daylight.  And he doesn't. GREAT Swanton by Owens.  FOR TWO!    Owens is so fucking good.  Theory is good too.  GREAT FUCKING MOONSAULT to nowhere by Owens.  BUFF BLOCKBUSTER by Theory! for TWO!  This match is fucking GREAT.  I am the only American watching it.  Johnny Gargano comes out and distracts Theory and Owens hits the Pop-Up Powerbomb for the win!  That was fucking GREAT.  It's the Brawling Brutes versus the Street Profits!  I guess they are just burning through a batch of great matches to punish all the Americans who are watching the Eagles and the Vikings.  Angelo Dawkins tweeted about not wanting to hear about his Bengals.  Poor fella.  Butch does JOINT MANIPULATION!  Butch is fucking AWESOME in this, going COMPLETELY JIM BREAKS in this.  Ridge Holland hits a very nice Lariat.  GREAT Running Rolling Elbow on Ford by Butch!  Butch goes back to manipulating the finger joints of Montez Ford.  It is awesome.  Dawkins is wacky as a house a-fire after making the hot tag!   They cut him off and Montez Ford hits a Doomsday Device Blockbuster!  That's a fun tag team move.  FOR TWO!  Dawkins with a POUNCE to everybody!   Ford hits a FABULOUS Tope Con Hilo!  They go back for ANOTHER DDBB!  But Butch manipulates Fords finger joints to counter it!  The Brawling Brutes hit their rather shitty looking finisher and get the win!  That was ALSO FUCKING GREAT.   Okay, that's THREE great matches.  Rey Mysterio and Matt Riddle versus the Judgement Day has to NOT be great.  It would just be weird.  The strange thing is that Rey and Riddle are great at selling an ass beating and being sympathetic babyfaces.  Ah!  Rey will be our face in peril.  Riddle on the apron is something we haven't experienced before.  Can Riddle do the Robert Gibson part as well as he does the Ricky Morton part?  Rey is great selling and getting the crowd behind his STRUGGLE to escape the horror of the four on two ass beating being doled out by the Judgement Day.  I'm guessing Austin Theory shows up and makes this match UNGREAT!  GREAT counter out of Finn Balor mocking Eddie Guerrerro's Three Amigos.  Riddle is good as Robert Gibson!  I love that he goes all Steiner suplexing everyone.  GNARLY Chokeslam onto the apron by Damien Priest from inside the ring.  Rhea Ripley CHEATS!  Riddle has transitioned to Ricky Morton as Balor and Priest beat the crap out of him.  Rey is more active on the apron than Riddle was, so Rey is a better Robert Gibson overall.  Priest does the Elvis Presley sell of the kick to the head and it is the best thing I've ever seen Damien Priest do in WWE or ROH.  Riddle makes the SECOND HOT TAG of the match!  Rey is GREAT as Robert Gibson. A lot of stuff happens!  Seth Rollins shows up.  Dominik is a dick to his daddy,  all to set up a Chokeslam by Priest and a Double Stomp by Balor!  FOR THE WIN!  Man, that is FOUR great matches!   When Rey finally punches Dominik, it is going to be MOLTEN.  Okay, Alexa Bliss and Bayley HAS to suck, right?  You can't have FIVE great consecutive matches.  That's AEW territory.  This is good.  Alexa Bliss is the least in-ring of the six involved but Bayley is doing everything she can to make Bliss look deadly.  Bliss is a good sympathetic babyface and Bayley can bring the ass stomp.  This is the best Bliss match I've seen, but I've never seen her wrestle as a sympathetic babyface fighting from underneath.  Bayley is a great heel.  Bliss makes a great comeback.  The crowd isn't into it but it is a WWE crowd so there isn't much they get into.  Fun nearfall on a Belly-to-Belly from Bayley.  Good nearfall on a CODE RED by Bliss!  Fun shenanigans on the outside!  IYO SKY interferes and Bayley CRUSHES Bliss' face into the mat!  For the win!  POSTMATCH, DMG CNTRL beats the hell out of the Dudes With Attitudes!  That was the best episode of RAW I've seen since I started watching WWE again. HHH! HHH! HHH! HHH! HHH! HHH!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The Judgment Day members trying not to turf out as the crowd tried to run Dominick out of town was spectacular. Just molten heat for the kid. If he has the ability he can ride the heat he's getting into a really long career. We'll see if he's there or not. It's also really funny to see the Judgment Day just being so incredibly insincere with calling him a man and all of that. 

Am I nuts for thinking KO is the best in the world right now? Even over anyone in AEW? The guy is just unimpeachable. He's at the top of the game in being a mic-worker. He's also an incredible TV match worker and is doing everything possible to get Austin Theory over. The guy is just fantastic.

I really liked the main event. I missed Bayley so much when she was gone. Bayley is just an upper upper upper echelon talent where she's an amazing babyface and also an incredible heel. Whereas Alexa Bliss is an incredible heel and decent babyface. Bayley's accolades are untouchable already: Four Horsewomen, two of the definitive matches in wrestling of the century, the anchor of NXT programming after she got left-behind in the first call-ups, great matches and angles up and down Raw/Smackdown, carried the shows during the pandemic, etc. Where is she going to end up on an all-time list?

• Like 2

Seth/Lashley was good. The two had decent chemistry. Loved that first failed stomp. That was awesome to the point I wish it was saved for a bigger match. Lashley came out looking like the biggest badass not taking it.

Dug what I caught of Theory/Owens, particularly the aspects where the two just beat the hell out of each other. Gargan's bit of revenge late in and pos tmatch was neat. The later AA segment with Owens and Gargano was fun. 

Brutes/Profits was good though you can kind of tell the rekindled love for Sheamus hasn't totally transferred to the rest of the Brutes yet. Butch is always great, but he and Holland are forming a nice eam outside of their finish which strangely feels weaker than the other tag moves they use. 

Finn/Priest vs. Rey/Riddle was another solid-good match. Dom and Rhea were well used, and I dug the pre-match promo where Dom was booed so damn bad. The only thing disappointing about this Dom turn so far is that the kid can't really speak. He has the character parts down well except when he talks.

The Miz TV segment was alright. It was good that it didn't go too long, and Lumis cutting into the ring was fun. Still not sure where all of this is supposed to go.

Bayley/Alexa was almost shockingly good. Like these two never had this good of chemistry before, but this was easily the best Alexa has looked in years. Part of that is on Bayley and what she takes and sells, but Alexa was actually busting out some neat new things here and doing a solid job selling throughout. Only real disappointment was in the crowd heat which was off a bit since they didn't know if they wanted to boo or cheer their hometown girl half the match. Wonder if things would have gone better had it been Bianca facing off with Bayley since she is way the fuck more over and beloved than Alexa. The post match beatdown easily got the biggest reactions with the crowd having no qualms booing Bayley when she was beating on Bianca.

Looking forward to Bayley/Bianca at Extreme Rules. Seth/Riddle in the Fight Pit could be good as well.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

On NXT tonight -

Axiom vs. Nathan Frazer

Ivy Nile & Tatum Paxley vs. Toxic Attraction

Edris Enofe & Malik Blade vs. The Dyad

Wendy Choo vs. Cora Jade

Carmelo Hayes & Trick Williams vs. Chase U

Sanga vs. Von Wagner

Oro Mensah vs. Grayson Waller

JD McDonagh vs. Tyler Bate

I'd like to begin by noting that the WWE replay technology is fanfuckingtastic! Bobby Lashley v Seth Rollins opens and was the best match I’ve seen from either. Admission: I haven’t seen many, but this was fantastic. I’ve mostly ffwd Rollins since beginning my WWE viewing campaign. He was really terrific here. I love Bayley and her crew, but had to apply the ffwd when Dakota took the mic. I wanna say in her defense they seem to be asking that these performers speak far longer than they need to. I don’t want to say Owens carried Theory. Owens is a special performer, but Theory was hanging in there. Certainly this was the best Theory match I’ve seen. The Gargano business is an odd choice, but game for these babies mixing it up with Team Gable. ‘Rockets’ to Gable please H Hearst H. A whole Logan Paul-Reigns package to forward passed. Hey WWE, there's no shame in pre-taped promos over live in-ring. You can avoid these long basic often awkward back and fourths that led into the terrific Profits-Brutes battle. Hate that finish as is. Dunne is fucking great. Holy shit. I have a soft spot for dramatic Rey Mysterio babyface promos. Am I crazy to think Rey’s had his lips done? Owens and Gable can even make backstage skits watchable. Hopefully Gargano’s gleaning some lessons from Big Kev. Wow, Judgement Day with an enjoyable in ring promo. Great heat there!  A night of performer’s best’s – Damien Priest looking tremendous in this tag. Fantastic match. Rhea Ripley continues to steal the show. I expect her to eclipse Reigns as the top banana or draw shortly. Timing was eschewed in the Miz segment. I generally ffwd this boneheaded bullshit, but ‘Mike’s’ doing a terrific job with what he's being given here, and Lumis is oddly fascinating. Not sure I'm sold on the value of the pay-off, but I'll wait and see. The post match Judgement Day backstage skit was pretty okay too. I’m game for Balor and Styles. I sense Apple Juice is bringing back his Good buddies for this feud. Bayley is such a special talent. I’m not sure Bliss is worth protecting, but I’m guessing her merchandise or some other metric are at play over her crowd engagement. I’m not a fan of her in rnig game, but she seems to work hard in there. I can get down with Bayley-Belair. Yeah, these WWE shows are getting better and better.

• Like 1