DVDVR Message Board

POLL 9/10-9/16/2022- WHAT WAS THE BEST FREE TV MATCH OF THE WEEK? It's quite a bit.

DEAN

WHAT WAS THE BEST TV MATCH OF THE WEEK?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. WHAT WAS THE BEST TV MATCH OF THE WEEK?

• Homicide vs Eric Jackson- NWA USA
    • Kevin Martenson vs Fidel Bravo- CWFH
    • Emi Sakura vs Athena- ELEVATION
    • Matt Riddle vs Finn Balor- RAW
    • Dominik Mysterio vs Edge- RAW
    • Bianca Belair vs Sonya Deville
    • Johhny Gargano vs Chad Gable- RAW
    • IYO SKY/ Dakota Kai vs Aliyah/ Raquel Rodriguez- RAW
    • Los Cerebros vs Los Oficiales- IWRG
    • Nikkita Lyons/Zoey Stark vs Kiana James/ Arianna Grace- NXT
    • The Creed Brothers vs Pretty Deadly- NXT
    • Queen Aminata/ Skye Blue vs Diamante/ Emi Sakura- AEW DARK
    • Carmelo Hayes vs Solo Sikoa- NXT
    • Jon Moxley vs Sammy Guevara- DYNAMITE
    • Keith Lee/Shane Swerve Strickland vs Rey Fenix/Penta El Zero Miedo- DYNAMITE
    • Britt Baker/ Serena Deeb vs Toni Storm/ Athena- DYNAMITE
    • Chris Jericho vs Bryan Danielson- DYNAMITE
    • Jungle Boy vs Jay Lethal- DYNAMITE
    • Queen Aminata vs Janai Kai- Women's Wrestling Army
    • Speedball Mike Bailey vs Mascara Dorada- IMPACT!
    • Motor City Machine Guns vs the Good Brothers- IMPACT!
    • Jay White vs Tama Tonga- New Japan on AXS
    • Kazuchika Okada vs Lance Archer- New Japan on AXS
    • New Day vs Hit Row vs Brawling Brutes- SMACKDOWN
    • Solo Sikoa vs Madcap Moss- SMACKDOWN
    • Bayley vs Raquel Rodriguez- SMACKDOWN
    • Ricochet vs Sami Zayn- SMACKDOWN
    • Matt Hardy vs Darby Allin- RAMPAGE
    • Penelope Ford vs Willow Nightingale- RAMPAGE
    • Josh Woods vs Samoa Joe- RAMPAGE
    • Cedric Alexander vs Shelton Benjamin- WWE Main Event

I didn't have to cut any this week since AEW wasn't in PPV mode, but I'm assuming next week may become unwieldy.  I'm assuming this week is gonna be wide open, though I'm voting for Jericho/Danielson.  If I were to lean WWE, I would go with Chad Gable vs Johnny Gargano.  IMPACT! was really a one match show- Speedball Mike Bailey vs Mascara Dorada.  Our dark horse could be Los Cerebros vs Los Oficiales from IWRG- which you should watch even if you don't vote for it.  Homicide vs Eric Jackson was more of the wild resurgence of Homicide as he defends the NWA Light Heavyweight title.  And don't forget about Queen Aminata beating the living breathing fudge out of Janai Kai.  Once again, it was a good week.  As have been all of these weeks since we started this polling stuff.

• Like 1

• DEAN pinned this topic

Bryan Danielson vs. Chris Jericho. Much better than AEW All Out 2022. I'd say it's a MOTYC and Jericho's best AEW match. Previously it was vs. Eddie Kingston at AEW Revolution 2022 held on my Birthday, 6th March.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 3

I went for Danielson Vs Jericho in the end after rewatching both this match and the Moxley Vs Guavara match. 

I just think Danielson Vs Jericho slightly beats it but either one of these matches is good enough to win the poll this week.

• Like 2

I only saw half of Raw, a third of NXT, all of AEW (While sleepy), 1 match of Smackdown and the middle third of Impact! but Speedball-Dorada was my favourite that I saw. That spot where Bailey leaps over a sliding Dorada, lands on the ropes and Asai Moonsaults directly onto Dorada was something I'd never seen before.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, caley said:

I only saw half of Raw, a third of NXT, all of AEW (While sleepy), 1 match of Smackdown and the middle third of Impact! but Speedball-Dorada was my favourite that I saw. That spot where Bailey leaps over a sliding Dorada, lands on the ropes and Asai Moonsaults directly onto Dorada was something I'd never seen before.

IMPACT! is on the board!

• Like 2

I continue my streak of voting Gable. Alpha Academy fucking rules and has ruled quietly for over a year. Gable has been wrecking shit and losing week after week and never loses any heat. And Otis is THE MAN.

And you can't buy a SHOOSH! Alpha Academy shirt. That stinks. 

Edited by Johnny Sorrow
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

I continue my streak of voting Gable. Alpha Academy fucking rules and has ruled quietly for over a year. Gable has been wrecking shit and losing week after week and never loses any heat. And Otis is THE MAN.

And you can't buy a SHOOSH! Alpha Academy shirt. That stinks. 

It's nuts that they keep kinda burying and undercutting Gable and he just bounces back more over than before.  Like, it wasn't until I wiki'd him the other day that I forgot he got thrown together with Bobby Roode and STILL somehow rode the pairing to a tag title...

• Like 1

Gable loses constantly and it doesn't matter. He's over as fuck and is having banger after banger. He's one of the best wrestlers on the roster. "SHOOSH! Shoosh please." is the best entrance music intro. He went through a LOT of bullshit over the years to come out in the end as an integral part of the TV every week.  

Edited by Johnny Sorrow
  • Like 1

Oficiales vs. Cerebros just barely steals it from Danielson/Jericho. Everybody bleeding + intelligent baking sheet pro wrestling was fun, really appriciated Cerebro Negro Jr.'s babyface work, but I wasn't sure it was gonna overtake until the finish. The dueling martinetes and understated stretcher jobs post-match were so tasty. Pretty sure there was a hair match callout at the end and yeah I'm down for that too.

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 4

I ended up voting for it for the same reason. The cage match deserves more attention even if it wasn't quite the best. I also enjoyed it as whole while Bryan/Jericho took a bit for me to really get into it though I did enjoy it a good deal by the end.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 2

• DEAN unpinned this topic