DVDVR Message Board

Rampage - 9/16/2022

56 minutes ago, Sammo~! said:

I like Kip's new look but he needs a feud in a bad way. That All Out preshow match with PAC wasn't a great showcase for his return. Alternatively I'd be fine if he was just relegated to being Penelope Ford's valet and then we get more matches from her.

Yeaaaaaah. Was trying to focus on the positive, but if Pac couldn't get something better-than-decent out of him...

Actually, looking back at my last post, maybe a good use for Kip would be as the HOB mouthpiece, leading both teams (Brody/Bud and Penelope/Julia). As great as her new look and music are, Julia's still pretty green, she could probably learn a ton from Penelope

Edit: It works for the men's side too because you can hide Kip's limitations easier in a trios match. Win/win 

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ramo2653 said:

I'm not crazy about Rampage turning into a ROH backdoor pilot, but Hardy/Darby was cool.

If there was no ROH, Joe and Woods probably still get signed and could well have this exact same match on this exact same rampage, just over Mark Sterling making a petition to institute mandatory weight classes so that Joe can't mess up Tony Nese's win loss record or something.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, madl said:

I haven’t thought JR was at the top of his game since….. I dunno, early days of JR/King, probably before.  But, I still feel like the AEW hate is overblown and kind of obnoxious, so I’m hoping he somehow manages to stay in the booth another ten years or so.  

It's only been the last couple of months for me TBH.

But when Ford licked Willow's face you had the team all expressing varying levels of disgust/shock and then JRs sitting there mocking them screaming "She licked her face. She licked her face!" in the most obnoxious voice.

It's almost like he hates being there at times.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Now I want to see pics of Chinese wrestlers eating shitty teriyaki at a mall.

That's the whole point, though, right? If Japanese people want to eat "authentic" Chinese food they can go to Yokohama or Kobe or Nagasaki's Chinatown areas. Or they can go to China. In America, they are straight up looking for deep-fried, sauce-smothered American style Chinese food. That's something they can't easily get in Japan. 

Also, everyone who visits Japan should try Japanese style Chinese food, particularly Osho's gyoza, chili shrimp, and mabo tofu (not a spelling error). It's fantastic. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
23 minutes ago, Gordlow said:

Also, everyone who visits Japan should try Japanese style Chinese food, particularly Osho's gyoza, chili shrimp, and mabo tofu (not a spelling error). It's fantastic. 

I always thought it was mapo tofu? If it's the same dish I'm thinking of (tofu in a thin and spicy chili sauce, usually with beef but I get with mushrooms), it's great.

10 minutes ago, Stefanie Without Stefanie said:

I always thought it was mapo tofu? If it's the same dish I'm thinking of (tofu in a thin and spicy chili sauce, usually with beef but I get with mushrooms), it's great.

Yep. For whatever reason Ohsho's menus in my area have it as "mabo" in English. Which is why I said it's not a spelling mistake. i think Kyoto Ohsho now spells it "mapo" on their menus.

The Osho/Ohsho version has different, milder, spices compared to the "authentic" mapo, and the sauce is a bit thicker.

It is indeed pretty great. 

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
3 minutes ago, Gordlow said:

Yep. For whatever reason Ohsho's menus in my area have it as "mabo" in English. Which is why I said it's not a spelling mistake. i think Kyoto Ohsho now spells it "mapo" on their menus.

The Osho/Ohsho version has different, milder, spices compared to the "authentic" mapo, and the sauce is a bit thicker.

It is indeed pretty great. 

I think the lesson here is that if you see tofu in sauce in Japan you should probably get it, no matter what the translation says.