DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2022 - WEEK 2

Dolfan in NYC

3 hours ago, supremebve said:

Honestly, I feel like if you slap an NFL player, the NFL player gets to fight you, and I don't care how small Murray is compared to other NFL players, I bet you don't want those problems.  

Ron Artest should've taught every sports fan this lesson for all time but apparently some folks are in need of a refresher course...

10 minutes ago, DEAN said:

And this is officially an assbeating.  Bills look good though I hate them for stabbing Doug Flutie in the back.

Vikings @ Eagles is trending into assbeating territory before half.

• Like 1

How did they come up with this idiotic trainwreck with two games simultaneously on split screen? Were they all smoking meth or something? Why not have back to back games with one in the east and one in the west? 

• Like 1

I feel like Kirk Cousins is a completely different player on Sundays at 1:00, Sundays at 4:00, Sunday nights,  and Monday nights. The further it gets from a Sunday 1:00 kickoff the worse he is,  and someone needs to crunch the numbers to prove me right... even though I'm 100% confident in my assessment. 

53 minutes ago, sabremike said:

How did they come up with this idiotic trainwreck with two games simultaneously on split screen? Were they all smoking meth or something? Why not have back to back games with one in the east and one in the west? 

I'm not sure, but I'll guarantee you it was some guy in his 60’s that said the words "those millennial kids" and "RedZone".  I'm too tired to figure out if said boomer works for ABC or the NFL.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sabremike said:

The answer to the second question is being more East Coast friendly. 

I think staggering the second game is also there if the first game is a blowout.

Well, they guessed right tonight.

5 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

The answer to the second question is being more East Coast friendly. 

I think staggering the second game is also there if the first game is a blowout.

Well, they guessed right tonight.

Only to have the second game also be a blowout.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sabremike said:

Because the ratings go way down for the West Coast game

Also this year - the games were split across two different networks. Normally they are both on ESPN

This is from an article prior to the games happening

The two "Monday Night Football" games will overlap in their coverage, with the first game — Bills-Titans — kicking off at 7:15 p.m. ET on ESPN. Starting at 8:30 p.m. ET on ABC, it will begin overlapping with the second kickoff of the night, Eagles-Vikings.

Traditionally, ESPN would simply begin one game following the conclusion of the other, with the first game kicking off at around 7 p.m. ET and the latter kicking off at 10 p.m. ET. However, that meant the latter game would often end after midnight on the East Coast.

By staggering the kickoffs on different networks, viewers can tune into both without having to stay up late to watch the latter game. Moreover, ABC and ESPN will feature periodic double-box views to see both games on the same screen. Both broadcasts will also use double score boxes (depending on which game you are watching, the other game's score box will be smaller and less noticeable than the current broadcast).

ESPN and ABC are likely banking on viewers switching to Eagles-Vikings following the conclusion of Bills-Titans, which should take place sometime during the third quarter of the former game.

• Like 1