DVDVR Message Board

2022 NCAAF - WEEK THREE

RIPPA

A&M had three of their freshman suspended for the game tonight for sneaking out of their rooms after curfew and drinking at the hotel bar last night. Evan Stewart, Denver Harris, and Smoke Bouie. Chris Marshall was also suspended although he allegedly broke his hand earlier in yhe week punching a teammate,

2 minutes ago, EVA said:

Competent Syracuse has to be one of the biggest surprises of the early season.

We can thank the refs and an undisciplined Purdue team today, not gonna lie. 

Easily the best Syracuse game I've ever seen. Sean Tucker was rendered useless and hasn't done much to replicate his performance last season (which would be hard to do anyways) but still had a couple of good plays. The defense held strong when they needed to, but I'll be damned if the last eight minutes of that game didn't age me by 10 years. Thrilled to finally be off to a good start and a potential College Gameday matchup with NC State looming on the horizon.

• Like 2

Nebraska is in serious trouble, they’re not particularly talented, running outdated schemes, and have no direction. Casey Thompson isn’t very good and their OL is awful, making him even worse. They are likely going to have some guys who would quit just going through the motions to keep their NIL money. And Urban Meyer is going to use them to get a lot of money from another school.

5 minutes ago, Krone Meltzer said:

Yeah, I mean, I chose “competent” over “good” for a reason. It seems clear that Louisville and UConn are bad, and Purdue definitely has some issues that have cost them 2 close games now, so I’m not prepared to dub the Orange as good. BUT! Considering how the last three years have gone for them, finding a way to come out on the winning side of games like this, and three in a row, is a significant accomplishment. It’s certainly not a given (ask Scott Frost!).

44 minutes ago, Krone Meltzer said:

Easily the best Syracuse game I've ever seen. Sean Tucker was rendered useless and hasn't done much to replicate his performance last season (which would be hard to do anyways) but still had a couple of good plays. The defense held strong when they needed to, but I'll be damned if the last eight minutes of that game didn't age me by 10 years. Thrilled to finally be off to a good start and a potential College Gameday matchup with NC State looming on the horizon.

Sure picked a hell of a game for my first visit to The Dome. The spartan amenities like bleacher seating and pee troughs in the men's room are more than made up for by just how close you are to the action. Any seat in the place is fantastic for watching a game. And the atmosphere is incredible, I left with my ears literally ringing from all the noise contained by the dome. It's stunning that Syracuse hasn't been able to take advantage of such a huge home field advantage (and today it was only 70-75% full but the noise was insane).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sabremike said:

Sure picked a hell of a game for my first visit to The Dome. The spartan amenities like bleacher seating and pee troughs in the men's room are more than made up for by just how close you are to the action. Any seat in the place is fantastic for watching a game. And the atmosphere is incredible, I left with my ears literally ringing from all the noise contained by the dome. It's stunning that Syracuse hasn't been able to take advantage of such a huge home field advantage (and today it was only 70-75% full but the noise was insane).

You sure did, because the Dome hasn't been bumping in ages. I swear I'll make the 45 minute trek for one of the games this year, especially if they keep giving me hope like they have lately. I think even Del-Rio Wilson could be a great QB for them in the future.

Only took Babers 7 years, but he might finally be changing the culture.

2 hours ago, EVA said:

It seems clear that Louisville and UConn are bad

I can't comment on Louisville, but holy hell is UConn bad. I know Michigan basically had nothing but Cupcake I opponents in the non-conference schedule anyway, but UConn is so much worse than Colorado State and Hawai'i were. Michigan scored 59 points without even running up 500 yards because the Huskies literally couldn't move the ball enough to make Michigan need to go on real drives.

FWIW, Hudson Card is going to start at QB for Texas this evening. Also, Quinn Ewers was in shorts and taking warmup throws with the other QBs this afternoon, and is apparently dressed on the sideline (although no way in hell he’s actually ready to play).

58 minutes ago, Krone Meltzer said:

Pandemonium in Boone after App St. wins on a last second hail mary. College football; just can't replicate it.

And this still downplays exactly what happened 

• Like 1