DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 9/12 - 9/18/2022

Dolfan in NYC

It's 8:43!  Can I fast forward enough to get this done by 10?  Let's see, shall we.  It's Sami Zayne versus Ricochet!  This should be good.  Logan Paul is at ringside and I wonder if he takes in the moral dilemma of wrestling in Saudi Arabia.  Back in my day, this would be like playing Sun City in apartheid South Africa.  But hey!  They are paying a lot of money!  Hope that helps you sleep!  Ricochet bumps big to allow Sami Zayne to beat on him.  Sami Zayne bumps big off the toprope as Ricochet goes on offense.  Good nearfall after Ricochet hits a pretty beautiful Springboard Cross Body!  Another good nearfall after Zayne counters a standing moonsault with a roll up.  BLUE THUNDER BOMB!  Sami Zayne throws really good punches.  There are a lot of school boys FOR TWO!  As the Usos and Logan Paul interfere a lot.  Shooting Star Press by Ricochet for the win!  That was pretty good.  Hey!  Bayley is wrestling.  She gets to get beaten to death by Raquel Rodriguez. Bayley looks good in this.  Raquel sells a lot and sells the knee in particular.  So she is all limpy as she thoroughly beats the crap out of Bayley!  And she Vader Bombs both Bayley and Dakota Kai!  IYO SKY cheats!  Bayley WINS!  Shotzi makes the save?  I guess they are doing a Dudes With Attitudes thing with the Faces Against DMG CNTRL!   That was good.  Solo Sikoa takes on Madcap Moss!  Why not?  I ask you, WHY NOT?  If both of these guys were 15 pounds heavier,  this would be a TRUE  hoss fight.  I guess this would be a Junior Hoss Fight.  Both of these guys are good in the ring.  Zayne distracting Moss sets up a GNARLY Lariat by Solo.  Sammy Zayne IS Bobby Heenan.  Sikoa has done the Wild Samoans Nerve Pinch two matches in a row now.  He needs to grow his hair all big now.  Belly to Belly and WRECKED EM!  So the North American Championship is to Smackdown what the ROH TV title is to AEW.  Madcap Moss gets in a big wad of midgrade offense!  I'm wondering if Solo Sikoa is the Barry Windham to Rikishi's BlackJack Mulligan.  I could see it developing into that.  Sami Zayne is a GREAT Bobby Heenan to set up Sikoa's GREAT looking finisher.  What is that called?  I'm blanking on it.  Not the STO.  Maybe it is an STO.  Either way, that was really good.  Sikoa looks like he can handle the big time.  Madcap Moss is good.  It's Hit Row!  It's the New Day!  Please note that I am caught up and stuck in the SMACKDOWN REALTIME HELLSCAPE at 9:37.  Oh geez, is this a fucking four way?  It's Imperium.  It's the Brawling Brutes.  Is this going to be like two weeks ago and Brawn Stroman is going to come out and beat everybody up?  I love that all I give a fuck about is GUNTHER and Sheamus.  New Day FLIES!  Sheamus and GUNTHER continue to stare at each other and I join then in generally no-selling a FOUR WAY DANCE.  We go to a commercial and I once again remember why I need picture in picture.  Butch might be my third favorite guy in the Imperium/BB feud.  I love that he is such a dick.  Then I guess it's Vinci and then Kaiser with Ridge Holland bringing up the rear.  TOP DOLLA!  I had almost forgot other people were in this match as I was concentrating on the Imperium/Brawling Brutes aspect of the match.  Kofi Kingston does a really great Psicosis Bump!  Xavier Woods does a thing like John Silver does in an Elevation six man and runs around and hits something on everybody.  Butch then DOES THE SAME THING!  Dark Order is the major influence on stupid multi-man matches!  Top Dolla does it but in one spot picking up three guys.  The New Day gets a GREAT nearfall on Hit Row Other Guy!  Imperium KILLS Kofi Kingston.  Ridge Holland secretly tags Vinci back and steals the win!  That was a fun version of a stupid set-up of a match.  That was a fun episode of Smackdown.

• Like 3

The popular (well maybe not popular but mentioned the most) is that Reigns vs Paul is how they remove a title from Reigns.  Reigns beats the crap out of Paul, Theory cashes Rollins style making it a 3 way and Theory sneaks a pin on Paul.  Although I dont know if the match has announced as a title match.  

Sami/Ricochet was good and nice setup to Solo working only with Sami later on.

MMM is tremendously dumb concept that I oddly enjoy for how dumb it is along with the models getting their asses kicked regularly. The ass kicking from Braun was alright, but what was fun was Alpha Academy's intervention with Otis actually taking Braun down for a bit to tease a true monster fight between the two.

Bayley/Raquel was good stuff. Raquel kicked ass and sold well when a weak point was created for Bayley. She came out of this looking good despite the loss. Shotzi coming down the save post match was odd, but I'm more than happy with the idea of face Shotzi again.

Solo/Madcap was good. Solo has been carrying himself pretty well on the main roster so far. Definitely getting the feeling he didn't just move up for th eBloodline story with performances like this and last week against Drew. Madcap continues to impress me with how solid a house of fire he is. He has improved so much since his NXT days.

The 4-way was clusterfuck but pretty damn fun with most everyone getting a bit of shine. Glad the Brutes won. It will be nice to see the Usos face a fresh set of opponents.

• Like 3

The Sami/ Bloodline story so far has been the best long term, slow burn, story WWE has done in forever and it's still just maybe halfway through it? I think endgame is Sami and KO taking out the Bloodline in some way , probably winning the tag belts, but I can't predict how it'll get there. And I'm normally pretty good at figuring out WWE logic. 

Edited by Johnny Sorrow
  • Like 2

Just now, Johnny Sorrow said:

The Sami/ Bloodline story so far has been the best long term, slow burn, story WWE has done in forever and it's still just maybe halfway through it? I think endgame is Sami and KO taking out the Bloodline in some way but I can't predict how it'll get there. And I'm normally pretty good at figuring out WWE logic. 

This. Still mileage to go. Keep it running. Think it'll be Sami Zayn/Kevin Owens win the tag team titles, the set of tag titles that's eluded them having held them elsewhere. Do want to see Reigns vs. Zayn at some point also.

When Sami got punched by Paul and all the Bloodline were mad except Jay, who laughed? That's some first class character work for a storyline that's being done amazingly so far. 

Also, it's super cool of HHH to make the main event of a show I won't watch, a match that I don't care about. No temptation to break my hypocritical " Too much for me!" stance. 
Also, I watch shows with my friends. I watched the first Saudi show because my pal Chris wanted to, just to hang out. Four hours later, after me drunkenly screaming at the TV the whole time? It was agreed we'll be skipping those shows.

• Like 1

Saturday afternoon Smackdown! Timing is detrimental to my WWE viewings. You have to have FFWD capabilities. That said, this was the most I’ve watched of a WWWF or E show. I’m sorta proud to say I’ve never heard of Logan Paul save for seeing his name on Wrestling News sites. I sense it’s the right decision for me. That said, I like his heel charisma. Not sure why they’re booking against that? But I’d love to know? Anybody? Ricochet-Zayn WWE TV Storytime Match featuring a whole bunch of other ppl (and a ‘c’mon! Right front of the ref?’ finish) is still pretty good. I suspect a PPV match showcasing these two as the very best athletes the industry has to offer would be thrilling! Michael Cole is a solid announcer. Kross v Drew, yeah sure. Both guys are working hard to get this over, and will do the same in ring. I see how this Models thing could work, but they need to adjust as they go along. Strange watching this big asshole looking Strowman just murder the Fashion program kids. The crowd seems unsure about this too. Not much fan support for the big galoot. I did enjoy Otis here. Please Mr. Helmsley, treat and protect Chad Gable as a top star. ‘The WWE Universe’ rallied around Danielson once upon a time, can they please do the same for Gable? I’m not saying top title, but long run with a secondary title. I surprise myself by not ffwding the ‘Match Flo’ this week. Dug this highlighted version of the title switch on Raw. Bayley-Kai-Sky are getting more impressive all the time. Bayley beautifully ate offense, expertly worked the leg, and led Rodriguez to a nice bout. Man, I even dug the Rhonda-Liv drama segment. Rhonda is an absolute beast. Note: I had not seen more than a few highlights of Rousey until a few weeks ago. I’m into her. Madcap-Sikoa was good. Tho, I’ve rarely seen NXT, I love that the NXT North American title is featured here. Smart move from the Helmsley regime. Speaking of NXT, perhaps Hit Row could use some reps in developmental? Top Dolla has that feel of a celebrity wrestler. I was very welcoming of seeing Dunne knock the shit out of him here. They oughta develop Dolla as a heel. I love Dunne and Holland getting the win here. This was pretty fun for a multi-way format. Ah, I wonder if the fascist-style-salutes are such a great idea for the excellent Imperium team? So let me get this straight - Logan Paul is a celebrity whom will put more mainstream eyes on the product? And that’s a good thing for the Saudi show? It’s a choice I’m interested to see play out.

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 1

WWE content on Hulu is listed as expiring for next week. Have to see if WWE will re-sign with Hulu, or sign with some other brand or move it all to Peacock.

Main Event for next week could be the last show. Or they move the show.

Shotzi is expected to get her tank back.

They played White Rabbit in the Smackdown arena, probably for Karrion Kross which the White Rabbit gimmick was for him in Lucha Underground.

WWE may even try to have licenced music for Superstars entrances. 

Post Vince WWE is allowed to reference old stuff they own from the defunct promotions and make references to other defunct companies they don't own and contemporary promotions like PWG and more.

Edited by Blue Dragon

10 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

They played White Rabbit in the Smackdown arena, probably for Karrion Kross which the White Rabbit gimmick was for him in Lucha Underground.

WWE may even try to have licenced music for Superstars entrances.

I think HHH just really likes the idea that "One pill makes you larger."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1