DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 9/12 - 9/18/2022

Dolfan in NYC

6 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

Aside from the new logo and dropping of 2.0 label, the rest is the same as NXT 2.0 if you look at the leaked taping pictures. 

I believe the theory is that they're taping next week's episode to allow for more significant changes to the PC. 

If they do change up the PC, I hope they change the entrance way because I fear for everyone that does a dive on that side of the arena because of how little open space there is. Actually, they could just move the crowd back a bit in general because I remember thinking of the potential for something to go wrong when Waller tried setting up a ladder in between the apron and the barricade a few months ago.

• Like 1

Best I can tell, Meiko's longest singles match is 30 minutes. Longest tag was 35 minutes

She has been in a few gauntlet/elimination matches that went way longer but she wasn't in the full time. This also doesn't count the 90 minute 77 person Royal Rumble

• Like 1

lol better to get him in now a) while he's still alive, and b) not in 2024 when he'd have to face the wrath of a stadium of Philly people.  

No wait....  I want that more than anything in the world...

9 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Best I can tell, Meiko's longest singles match is 30 minutes. Longest tag was 35 minutes

This begs a question from me: Is "broadway" just 30 minutes or is it anything over/a full hour? I've heard it both ways. I mean we know that an hour is a broadway, but the question is, can it define something less than. 

Edited by Curt McGirt

Can we spend some time on this?

"The first time I watched the match it was on my phone with the sound off when I was trying to put Po to sleep. She was feeding. I was like, 'Hmm.' Then I watched it again later and was like, 'Oh.' I think it's going to be like one of those cult classic matches. It's going to be like The Labyrinth of matches. When it first came out, everyone was like, 'What the hell? Why does David Bowie have a giant codpiece and talking to our children?' Later, you realize something awesome about it every time and it kind of makes it one of your favorite movies ever. I sometimes need to watch it and sing 'You Remind Me Of The Babe.' That's what I feel like that match. Every time you watch it, you'll catch something new about it. Re-watchability is something that is very important in movies. The Labyrinth, case in point."

Did anyone have Ronda goes on about how her Mania match is like Labyrinth on the 2022 bingo card?

Edited by Matt D
  • Like 1

Sept is 25 years of Goldberg month.

They been uploading Goldberg matches to the WWE youtube. Goldberg is still signed with WWE, and he finished his matches obligations, still he can work for matches for WWE beyond that required limit now. He rehabbed his shoulder injury, he can actually lift more again, 80 pounds.

On 9/12/2022 at 12:07 PM, RIPPA said:

For what it is worth - Roman isn't working Extreme Rules

His next PPV is Crown Jewel

EDIT - I should note that Meltzer said Crown Jewel match won't be against Rollins or KO so technically Sheamus could end up being the option (since I doubt they want him beating Drew again)

Well we were both wrong

(EDIT - I should note, it's quite cute that they picked the *one* crowd that will treat Paul as a face and Roman as a heel. )

So they went ahead and dropped Street Profits, Los Lotharios, and Alpha Academy for Hit Row, Imperium, and Brutes. As much as I always enjoy Profits and Alpha Academy, it is nice for something a bit fresher. I am wondering where the Viking Raiders are though, they've seemingly been off the show since they beat New Day. Maybe getting retooled?

Also announced:

Edited by blitzkrieg

Roman/Paul gives me mixed feelings. On the one hand it could be a good match, and it would have just been fun to see Roman beat Paul's ass. On the other its the type of match and feud I'm not super interested in tv wise so I'm kind of happy they are using it on the Saudi PPVs/PLEs which I skip.

1 hour ago, blitzkrieg said:

So they went ahead and dropped Street Profits, Los Lotharios, and Alpha Academy for Hit Row, Imperium, and Brutes. As much as I always enjoy Profits and Alpha Academy, it is nice for something a bit fresher. I am wondering where the Viking Raiders are though, they've seemingly been off the show since they beat New Day. Maybe getting retooled?

I like that all the teams are SD focused, but I continued to be confused at to why the New Day are getting a chance having lost a feud so recently to Viking Raiders and with their last title match having the can't challenge the Usos again while champs stip. They could at least acknowledge maybe that the merging nullified it or something.

Edited by Eivion