DVDVR Message Board

POLL 9/3-9/9/2022- WHAT WAS THE BEST FREE TV MATCH OF THE WEEK? MAAAN!

DEAN

WHAT WAS THE BEST TV MATCH OF THE WEEK?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. WHAT WAS THE BEST TV MATCH OF THE WEEK?

• Claudio Castagnoli vs Dax Harwood- RAMPAGE
    • Will Ospreay vs Juice Robinson- NEW JAPAN on AXS
    • Shingo Takagi vs El Phantasmo- NEW JAPAN on AXS
    • Bodhi Hayward vs Charlie Dempsey- NXT LEVEL UP
    • Madison Rayne vs Serena Deeb- RAMPAGE
    • Imperium vs the Brawling Brutes- SMACKDOWN
    • Gigi Dolin/ Jacey Jane vs Raquel Rodriguez/ Aliyah- SMACKDOWN
    • Natalya vs Xia Li vs Ronda Rousey vs Sonya Deville vs Lacey Evans- SMACKDOWN
    • Darby Allin vs Sammy Guevara- RAMPAGE
    • Hit Row/ Street Profits vs Maximum Male Models- SMACKDOWN
    • Doug Williams vs Flip Gordon- NWA POWERRR
    • Allysin Kay vs Kamille- NWA POWERRR
    • Allie Recks vs Tasha Steelz- Women's Wrestling Army
    • Taya Valkyrie vs Chelsea Green- IMPACT!
    • Kenny King vs Yuya Uemura- IMPACT!
    • Aussie Open vs Chris Bey/ Ace Austin- IMPACT!
    • Shane Taylor vs Crazzy Steve- BTI
    • Wheeler Yuta vs Daniel Garcia- DYNAMITE
    • Orange Cassidy/ Trent Barretta/ Chuck Taylor vs Death Triangle- DYNAMITE
    • Penelope Ford vs Toni Storm- DYNAMITE
    • Bryan Danielson vs Hangman Adam Page- DYNAMITE
    • Euforia vs Hechicero- CMLL
    • Willie Mack vs Bateman vs Danny Limelight- CWFH
    • Ricochet vs Trick Williams- NXT
    • Bron Breakker/ Tyler Bate vs Mark Coffey/ Joe Coffey- NXT
    • Nathan Frazer vs Axiom- NXT
    • Claudio Castagnoli vs Ari Daivari- AEW DARK
    • Nikki A.S.H./ Doudrop vs Gigi Dollin/ Jacey Jayne- NXT
    • Wes Lee vs JD McDonagh- NXT
    • Roxanne Perez vs Meiko Satomura- NXT
    • Rey Mysterio vs Damien Priest- RAW
    • Bobby Lashley vs The Miz- RAW
    • Austin Theory vs Kevin Owens- RAW
    • Eddie Kingston vs Tomohiro Ishii- ZERO HOUR
    • Kip Sabian vs Pac- ZERO HOUR
    • Trent Barretta/Chuck Taylor/ Orange Cassidy vs The Butcher/ The Blade/ Angelico- Saturday Elevation
    • Alex Reynolds/ John Silver/ Hangman Adam Page vs Nicky Boy/ Aaron Solo/ Cole Karter- Saturday Elevation
    • Ruby Soho/Ortiz vs Emi Sakura/ Baliyan Akki- Saturday Elevation

Okay!  Let's do this again.  I have over 40 matches this week so I had to actually cut a couple of sketchier matches.  We had two extra AEW YouTube shows this week and I added in CMLL.  I was leaning waaaay into Satomura vs Perez but then Garcia/Yuta happened, but there were so many great matches on TV this week- hell, Hangman/Danielson, Owens/Theory, Hechicero/Euforia, Shingo/ELP, Ospreay/Juice Robinson.  Jesus, that was a lot of wrestling.  Fuck, Yuya Umeura vs Kenny King was fucking awesome- as was Aussie Open vs Chris Bey and Ace Austin.  Holy Fudge!  Shane Taylor beating the fuck out of Crazzy Steve!  FUCK!  Eddie Kingston vs Tomohiro Ishii was THIS WEEK.  That feels like it was eight months ago.

• Like 2

• DEAN pinned this topic

Went with Brutes/Imperium, and nothing else felt close to me despite finding plenty of other matches quite good. Garcia/Yuta was probably number 2. I suspect it takes this week though I do hope people at least give Brutes/Imperium a watch. I think its easily the best out of the tv matches we have seen in this HHH era of WWE so far.

• Like 1

Wanted to vote for Deeb-Rayne just because Serena deserves all the love but Smilin' Madison Rayne made that untenable. So it's Claudio-Dax for me. That bump off the ring post that Harwood took made my back hurt and, in my mind at least, played into the finish. Really good match and more to my tastes than some of the bomb throwing exhibitions from earlier in the week. Not that I don't enjoy a good field artillery battle here and there.

• Like 2

I have to agree with Gordlow here, Kingston vs Ishii was right up my street. Especially as I've started to notice Ishii's hard style catching up on his body a little more this year, so just getting to see him doing classic Big Tam is something that will always fill me with unbridled joy

I do need to catch that CMLL match.

Possibly dumb question but is NXT LEVEL UP a YouTube show or TV or where do I go to check it? Because Dempsey is already often worth going out of my way to watch.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kropotkin's Beard said:

I have to agree with Gordlow here, Kingston vs Ishii was right up my street. Especially as I've started to notice Ishii's hard style catching up on his body a little more this year, so just getting to see him doing classic Big Tam is something that will always fill me with unbridled joy

I do need to catch that CMLL match.

Possibly dumb question but is NXT LEVEL UP a YouTube show or TV or where do I go to check it? Because Dempsey is already often worth going out of my way to watch.

It's on Hulu and Peacock, though this episode I couldn't find last night so I haven't actually seen the whole thing yet.  

• Thanks 1

OH MAN!  With this crazy voting, DREAM BROKEN could RUN THE TABLE!  Is this IMPACT!'s week?  It's wild that Meiko Satomura vs Roxanne Perez could possibly not get a vote.  What a time to be a wrestling fan.

• Like 2

It was a coinflip between Garcia/Yuta and Ishii/Kingston. Heads meant Ishii got the nod.

With such a vast amount of matches for these polls, maybe it should be divided up between Televised matches and Online/Streaming matches going forward?

• Like 1

Perez-Meiko for me for that next to last strike that looked like it knocked Perez out cold, to the point the ref rushed over to check to make sure she was still conscious.

I also really liked Imperium-Brutes and Danielson-Page. I MIGHT have even gone Best Friends/Death Trangle if the former had won the match instead of the latter (I think it would've been a nicer moment to have the "homegrown" Best Friends finally win a title as the first match after last week's brouhaha, a sort of 'Reward the fans in a time of turmoil' moment) and wasn't really feeling the closing moments.

I...didn't watch Yuta-Garcia (DVD was filling up and needed the space) or Kingston-Ishii (Not sure the latterwas even shown on my cable outlet).

12 minutes ago, caley said:

Perez-Meiko for me for that next to last strike that looked like it knocked Perez out cold, to the point the ref rushed over to check to make sure she was still conscious.

I also really liked Imperium-Brutes and Danielson-Page. I MIGHT have even gone Best Friends/Death Trangle if the former had won the match instead of the latter (I think it would've been a nicer moment to have the "homegrown" Best Friends finally win a title as the first match after last week's brouhaha, a sort of 'Reward the fans in a time of turmoil' moment) and wasn't really feeling the closing moments.

I...didn't watch Yuta-Garcia (DVD was filling up and needed the space) or Kingston-Ishii (Not sure the latterwas even shown on my cable outlet).

Kingston/Ishii is on the YouTube!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John E. Dynamite said:

Best TV match I watched this week was the CMLL Gran Prix. What the heck.

I had to choose between that and Hechicero match, since CMLL is the new kid on the block.

16 hours ago, DEAN said:

OH MAN!  With this crazy voting, DREAM BROKEN could RUN THE TABLE!  Is this IMPACT!'s week?  It's wild that Meiko Satomura vs Roxanne Perez could possibly not get a vote.  What a time to be a wrestling fan.

Last week was IMPACT's week! We did it for the Impact, and won!

Leaning towards throwing a vote to King/Uemura, though I did highly enjoy Bryan/Hangman and the Imperium tag as well.

• Like 1

Wow, now this is a fight. I rewatched (watched in full, really) Wheeler vs. Garcia and have to give it the nod, even though that killer Smackdown six-man was caught on the replay last night and was one hell of a match. My secondary vote would probably be Rox-C/Satomura actually, even over King/Ishii. I feel bad because I haven't watched Impact yet but I find it seriously hard to think the three matches listed would surpass the Pure Title match. Besides, it's lagging in the polls! 

• Like 2

• DEAN unpinned this topic